champ dmg vs pally dmg

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
hi all. I'd like to ask for a hint, because I've noticed something very strange with my chars. first of all I have an RR6 2h paladin on prydwen/alb, and an rr3 LW champion at excal/hib. Now my problem is that my champion hits LOT better than the pally.. i simply can't answer it with my math, because afaik they should be on the same damage table. Both are wielding exped 2h crush malice axe, and I seem to hit like 1.5* the damage on champion than on my pally. Even tho the pally is higher rr and has 45+16(61 skill, also 16.5 effective dps), and the champion is 50+13 lw(63 skill, 16.2 effective dps).. both has almost the same strength(around 370-380).. and still, after a quick(!) test pally hits my friend(rr3 arms) for 220-270, champ hits 300-330.. but its likely to happen in pve too. btw I know champ uses debuffs, but stat debuff shouldn't increase my damage, should it? so ok, it decreases his chance to block, but the damage should be the same i thought.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Albion 2H must also spec a weapon type slash/crush/thrust to calculate damage
Hibernia doesnt

As the paladin has to spec in chants I guess this would lower what he specs in his weapon type

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
Paladins are on a lower damage-table than Champions, so thats why they hit for less damage.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Paladins are on the same damage table as Wardens afaik.
Champions share a damage table with Reavers I think.
Also your variance on your pally will be a lot greater than the variance on your champ. Your champ will hit anywhere between min damage at effective 51 skill and cap damage at 63 skill, while your paladin will hit for anything between min damage at effective 45 1h skill and cap 2h damage at effective 61 skill.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
Also your variance on your pally will be a lot greater than the variance on your champ. Your champ will hit anywhere between min damage at effective 51 skill and cap damage at 63 skill, while your paladin will hit for anything between min damage at effective 45 1h skill and cap 2h damage at effective 61 skill.

Actually, it's a little worse than that. Although it was long believed that min was based on 1h skill, and max on 2h skill, in fact both are reduced if 1h skill is less than 51, according to much testing.

Some is here : http://vnboards.ign.com/albion_fighter_professions/b20902/57670918/p1

Darzil

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Not sure how different their tables are but

If you have 45 2hand spec your caps are lower
The SPEC you do raises your damage caps. +skill does not it only brings weaponskill
Say for example I Have 34+17 Crush on my merc Thats 51 skill
And I have 50+1 skill on another merc same rr identical items. teh 50+1 will hit harder due to having the highest spec possible. ANd therefor having their caps maxed out

Hard to explain tired cpl of beers etc ;o

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Also Paladins dont get STR as Primary stat - where Champs do.

Paladins are on the same Weaponskill table as Champions. I would suggest you verify the stats, quickness and weaponspeed aswell as effective DPS and the resists you see on your target. edit: Just saw you're not 51+ 1H spec on your paladin, that will reduce your effectiveness with your 2H (due to Albion doublespeccing)

The Chimaira-story is untrue. +skills help in caps on melee-classes.

edit: Wardens are on a WS-table they share with Rogue-classes (as do Thanes and Friars). Reaver shares with Champion, Paladin. Druid, Healer, Shaman, Cleric are on an even lower table.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Also Paladins dont get STR as Primary stat - where Champs do.

Paladins are on the same Weaponskill table as Champions. I would suggest you verify the stats, quickness and weaponspeed aswell as effective DPS and the resists you see on your target. edit: Just saw you're not 51+ 1H spec on your paladin, that will reduce your effectiveness with your 2H (due to Albion doublespeccing)

The Chimaira-story is untrue. +skills help in caps on melee-classes.

edit: Wardens are on a WS-table they share with Rogue-classes (as do Thanes and Friars). Reaver shares with Champion, Paladin. Druid, Healer, Shaman, Cleric are on an even lower table.

perhaps the stats, yea, cant remember exactly about the str or qui, they shouldnt vary much, but everything counts.
and yea also i only have 45 in 1h, but thought that missng 6 skil shouldnt matter much... but it seems like it does.

thanks for the replies .)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom