Challenge

Chilly

Balls of steel
https://canyoufindit.co.uk/

I've only had a brief go so far, but here are my findings on the initial code on the page:

The frequency analysis corresponds quite well with the average english language frequency distribution, but the obvious substitution key (and close ones) produce garbage when doing a basic substitution. It's not a caeser (of any shift size). I've tried a couple of other things to no avail.

IQ appears a lot. Q in general appears a lot. There's 143 characters, which is almost 12^2 but not quite.

Any ideas?

Chilly

Balls of steel
Here's the cipher text for those too lazy to click:

AWVLI QIQVT QOSQO ELGCV IIQWD LCUQE EOENN WWOAO
LTDNU QTGAW TSMDO QTLAO QSDCH PQQIQ DQQTQ OOTUD
BNIQH BHHTD UTEET FDUEA UMORE SQEQE MLTME TIREC
LICAI QATUN QRALT ENEIN RKG

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
If this thread was any further over my head, it would be in orbit. :(

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Been through the source and found nothing. Don't like the idea of 29x groups of code... Don't really do cryptography, but will be interesting to see if anyone can work out the logic here.

letter percentages throughout:

a : 8 ... 5.6 %
b : 2 ... 1.4 %
c : 5 ... 3.5 %
d : 8 ... 5.6 %
e : 14 ... 9.8 %
f : 1 ... 0.7 %
g : 3 ... 2.1 %
h : 4 ... 2.8 %
i : 10 ... 7.0 %
j : 0 ... 0.0 %
k : 1 ... 0.7 %
l : 8 ... 5.6 %
m : 4 ... 2.8 %
n : 7 ... 4.9 %
o : 10 ... 7.0 %
p : 1 ... 0.7 %
q : 20 ... 14.0 %
r : 4 ... 2.8 %
s : 4 ... 2.8 %
t : 14 ... 9.8 %
u : 7 ... 4.9 %
v : 3 ... 2.1 %
w : 5 ... 3.5 %
x : 0 ... 0.0 %
y : 0 ... 0.0 %
z : 0 ... 0.0 %

count of letters:

q : 20
e : 14
t : 14
o : 10
i : 10
l : 8
a : 8
d : 8
n : 7
u : 7
c : 5
w : 5
r : 4
s : 4
m : 4
h : 4
g : 3
v : 3
b : 2
p : 1
f : 1
k : 1
z : 0
y : 0
x : 0
j : 0

Chilly

Balls of steel
the letter groupings are just the traditional way to present a lump of ciphertext. it *normally* implies no structure or anything like that, just a way to break it up visually to allow the brain to digest it.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
the fact there are 3 5 letter words that would start with double letters suggests you are right chilly, as the only one I can think of is Llama, and I can't see that being used 3 times in any sentence.

something that interests me is the last 3 letters. 2 of those letters only appear 1 other time, and the other doesnt appear anywhere else.

Chilly

Balls of steel
the fact there are 3 5 letter words that would start with double letters suggests you are right chilly, as the only one I can think of is Llama, and I can't see that being used 3 times in any sentence.

something that interests me is the last 3 letters. 2 of those letters only appear 1 other time, and the other doesnt appear anywhere else.

The last letter is probably a ?
As in the whole thing is a question, given the site is posed as a challenge. "What is 5 + 5?" Answer goes in box 1.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
The last letter appears more than once though. Also, the front page says '5 codes they've hidden around the web'.

Chilly

Balls of steel
The last letter appears more than once though. Also, the front page says '5 codes they've hidden around the web'.
yeah - code isnt like a cheat code, code is a lump of cipher text. that lump I posed IS the code. You need to decode it, solve whatever it asks/poses and then that's the answer...maybe. The last one involved writing a custom interpreter for a machine code like lump of text which then itself decrypted another message, the decryption key for which was hidden as part of a comment in a web page. These are some sneaky fuckers.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm quite surprised that I actually got the first one, through faffing if nothing else...
...count the total number of characters and change the split from 5 so that there's an equal number on x lines.
Code:
AWVLIQIQVTQOS
QOELGCVIIQWDL
CUQEEOENNWWOA
OLTDNUQTGAWTS
MDOQTLAOQSDCH
PQQIQDQQTQOOT
UDBNIQHBHHTDU
TEETFDUEAUMOR
ESQEQEMLTMETI
RECLICAIQATUN
QRALTENEINRKG

Then replace the Q's with spaces and read downwards from the top left.
Level 2 just isn't going to happen though. :(

Chilly

Balls of steel
nice one. the private key in the second bit...wtf?

Nate

FH is my second home
I put in the answer for the first code
A Computer would deserve to be called intelligent if it could deceive a human into believing that it was human
wwwdotmetrodotcodotukslashturing
but it's still coming up wrong. :(

Nate

FH is my second home
Guessing the end is at least another website so /2FTAmT8= decoded is the next answer hehe :D

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
quite impressed with myself for getting through the first one.

second one though :/ can't seem to decode it to make any sense. closest I've got is just a string of 1's

cog

Can't get enough of FH
After a lot of googling and faffing as I know next to fuck all about this kind of thing, I used ssl to open the comp1 file. The prime2 contains some ascii text which translates to

ww.whtsisilguoectsrehsri.eocu./klbtehcel which is at least www.htsisilguoectsrehsri.co.uk/lbtehcel I guess - cba to fiddle with the rest of the letters yet.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
It's easier finding the G spot than it is understanding this :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom