Chair

Nate

FH is my second home
Lets get technical! About chairs....

What do you like sitting on? What would you like to sit on? What is your dream chair?

I'm looking to get a new chair. Will pay probably £150 for a good one

GO!

Lethul

FH is my second home
I got a rather cheap chair

datastol_77716604.jpg

From IKEA, but the only thing I will recommed is that you really get one with the "net" backsupports (like the one you posted). Makes prolonged gaming sessions much nicer ;)

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
only thing I can help out with is this:

make sure you sit in the chair with correct posture, with your arms relaxed on your desk and your feet flat on the floor. if you have armrests, have them level with the surface of your desk so that your forearms are not at an up- or downangle towards your keyboard/mouse, but level.

a slight change to my posture at work has had a really positive effect on bringing my rsi back to a reasonable level.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I would love one of these but there is no way I would pay that amount of money for a chair!!!

Buy Herman Miller Aeron Office Chair, Size A online at JohnLewis.com

I have an aeron and it's pretty fucking nice, In those ~£100 padded office chairs after a few hours I used to get the odd ache/pain/etc but never in the Aeron ( had it for a few years now ), if you buy a new chair every 2 years or so and an aeron lasts 10 years+ then you just proved Vimes theory right :p

The only downside to the aeron is no headrest which really was noticeable for the first few weeks of use.

Also I got it on discount for like ~550 or something, you can find them much cheaper than full price.

At the time of Men at Arms, Samuel Vimes earnt thirty-eight dollars a month as a Captain of the Watch, plus allowances. A really good pair of leather boots, the sort that would last years and years, cost fifty dollars. This was beyond his pocket and the most he, Vimes, could hope for was an affordable pair of boots costing ten dollars, which might with luck last a year or so before he, Vimes, would need to resort to makeshift cardboard insoles so as to prolong the moment of shelling out another ten dollars.
Therefore over a period of ten years, he, Vimes, might have paid out a hundred dollars on boots, twice as much as the man who could afford fifty dollars up front ten years before. And he would still have wet feet.
Without any especial rancour, Vimes stretched this theory to explain why Sybil Ramkin lived twice as comfortably as he did by spending about half as much every month.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
loved the aeron till i broke mine:/ still sold it on for more than i paid for it.

HumanscaleFreedomF211TW101.jpg

humanscale is very similar but with a headrest.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
some one was selling em on ebay for £300 last year

Yaka

Part of the furniture
worth every penny and the larger sizes are rated to 28stones, yet i managed to break and i was at that time 8 stones less than the max.

having said that the humanscale is rated the same i think but feels much more light weight and prolly less robust for a chunky bloke like me self

Yaka

Part of the furniture
you need to sit down and use one when yer gaming or working for a couple of hours then sit on any other random chair and try gaming and working for 30 mins you will notice the diff and will want one

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
I'm uncomfortable in every other chair I sit in since owning the Herman Miller Mirra chair. I recommend them to everyone!

Nate

FH is my second home
Got a Humanscale Freedom with headrest for £200 :) It's being cleaned as I type!

Yaka

Part of the furniture
enjoy it nate, be aware that your gonna hate every other chiar you sit on from now on

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom