ch4 top 100 movie stars

H

hoggsboss

anyone been watching the 1st part? (2nd part tommorrow 9pm)

just interested in ppls opinions on certain actors placings i.e...

michael caine and jude law above oliver reed

will smith higher placed than sidney poitier, richard burton, james dean etc etc

thoughts so far? (second half tommorow)

N

nath

The fact that arnold swarzeneger even placed?

Oh and Jackie Chan. Don't get me wrong, he's great at what he does, but he's not an actor is he?

H

hoggsboss

and not one that should be better placed than bruce lee (only used him as an example cos of film genre and not race)

E

ECA

It says movie stars, it doesnt claim to be a measure of acting ability or a judge of good films :-]

H

hoggsboss

ok agreed but in my opinion (and thats where these progs are great for debating) will smith is not a bigger movie star than james dean even if james dean only made 3 films

S

Scouse

Voted for by the British public - what do you expect. We're almost as thick as Americans :(

S

Scouse

Oh - and James Dean was only a star because he snuffed it. More people have heard of Mr Smith.....

S

Summo

Originally posted by ECA
It says movie stars, it doesnt claim to be a measure of acting ability or a judge of good films :-]
Yes. I got thoroughly wound up by this programme but my housemate kept reminding me that its top 100 movie stars, not top 100 actors.

X

Xtro

Watching this kind of dumb shit is bad enough, but then picking it apart even though you know the great unwashed British shellshuit wearing dumb retarded xenophobic narrow minded fucking public voted...

SIGH FFS FFS FFS :)

I had to explain to a FILM STUDENT who James Cagney was...:/

O

old.tRoG

Yeah, Kindergarden Cop ruled.

"The children... They are shouting at me!"

O

old.I_Am_Glen

al pacino won !

u fuk wit me u fuk with best!

kakaka the man of pwn wins!~~~

gud choice tbh ;/ altho chris walken wud also hav bin gud