Centre-Seat Drivers

Kryten

Old Cow.
I don't know if this is a new phenomenon, but I'm certainly seeing it more often.
You've all heard of back seat drivers, I'm starting to see loads of young centre-seat drivers.

Nothing to do with the seats in the car - always standard or a cheap set of Halfords buckets. But the driver always appears to be in the middle!
2 headrests, and a head between them.
What on earth for?
I can only think of a couple of reasons -
1. with so many awful young drivers on the road perhaps they're unable to judge the width of their car otherwise or maybe
2. they're sitting on the gearstick for some form of pleasure - but I can't see how they'd shift gears like this.

Anyone else noticed this whilst sat behind this sort of driver? Only thought about it after being sat behind a fake Rover BRM tonight :/

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Try looking at the road rather than people in their cars. PERV.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
I believe that it might be called 'getting your lean on.' sometimes they do it the other way too. I used to think it was emulating Ace Ventura or something.

Are the one's that you're seeing usually wearing pale blue logo'd polo shirts, a cap perched towards the back of their head and a bad complection?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I believe that it might be called 'getting your lean on.' sometimes they do it the other way too. I used to think it was emulating Ace Ventura or something.

Are the one's that you're seeing usually wearing pale blue logo'd polo shirts, a cap perched towards the back of their head and a bad complection?

Please learn about apostrophes.

Kryten

Old Cow.
heh, I know what you mean, but no - they just look like they're sitting nearly dead centre. I suppose they're trying to "be cool" or something.

It's always difficult trying to look cool driving your mothers Saxo.

Chilly

Balls of steel
perhaps you just midread the situation entirely and they were just trying to get a vierwing angle? why the fuck would someone sit in the middle of two seats?

Kryten

Old Cow.
No, I see it all too often - it's not annoying, its just strange.

But on the other hand, it's circumventing a fair few safety features in the car and making it rather unsafe. But then again, if a few of these people die because of it - I'm all for it. The less morons on the road the better, we've enough as it is.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
You wouldn't slur your words when trying to talk sober, so why go all slack about it when you type, eh? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom