Census 2011

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I couldn't complete it, the online version refused to let me "pass" on the "average number of hours worked last week". Frankly I haven't a clue how many hours I work and would rather not answer, but it doesn't give you that option.

Stupid census authors.

For religion I put "no religion". I hope more do, it's amazing in this day and age that people still think an invisible sky fairy is watching everything they do.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
just put like 38 or something thats the average or around it ... dont matter if its real or not if you dont want to put it

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I don't know the average. That's the point, it's a question I cannot honestly answer. I don't believe in lying on a census, so what can I do?

I submitted it partially complete, so now it's their move.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Or will they think you were a religious nutjob if you put christian (after someone explains to them what that was) ?

Religion has been around for a long time. Christianity has been around for 2,000 years. I think it will survive Richard Dawkins and his delusional ideas and the sheep that are unable to think for themselves.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I think it will survive Richard Dawkins and his delusional ideas and the sheep that are unable to think for themselves.

I find the above sentence *very* funny indeed. I can't for the life of me work out why.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Hey, that doesn't mean I don't find it funny for my own reasons!

Right?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Atheism has also been around for a very long time :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I find the above sentence *very* funny indeed. I can't for the life of me work out why.

I'd guess it was the reference to atheists as sheep. FROM A CHRISTIAN :D

ONE OF THE FLOCK !!!

THE LORD IS THEIR SHEPHERD !!!

ETC !!!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Religion has been around for a long time. Christianity has been around for 2,000 years. I think it will survive Richard Dawkins and his delusional ideas and the sheep that are unable to think for themselves.

Ra was hanging around millennia before God, but he doesn't seem to have survived the delusional ideas of Christianity and the sheep unable to think for themselves.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Ra was hanging around millennia before God, but he doesn't seem to have survived the delusional ideas of Christianity and the sheep unable to think for themselves.

Oi! No dissing the sun god! If his mighty chariot decides not to deliver him from the east in the morning I'll know who to blame.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Don't ask why or how, just have faith! i.e It's magic!! Deal with it lulz.

I put no religion down as it the truth.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oh how original, whenever there's any mention of religion, out come the stickwaving anti-zealots, who ofcourse are not sheep, but beautiful snowflake individuals with their absolutely original atheist and agnostic ways only they hold *trollface*

:p

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Oh how original, whenever there's any mention of religion, out come the stickwaving anti-zealots, who ofcourse are not sheep, but beautiful snowflake individuals with their absolutely original atheist and agnostic ways only they hold *trollface*

:p

Only it wasn't really. It was just an outpouring of amazement that Atheists get accused of being like sheep by a Christian whose mythology EXPRESSLY USES THE METAPHOR OF CHRISTIANS AS SHEEP :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Only it wasn't really. It was just an outpouring of amazement that Atheists get accused of being like sheep by a Christian whose mythology EXPRESSLY USES THE METAPHOR OF CHRISTIANS AS SHEEP :D

Heh yeah i know, it was pretty funny. I don't really care as people are free to do what they want, i myself find no difference in christianity(sane one) and atheism(sane one), it's just a choice among others and doesn't really mean how much of a dick you are(which is the only buniversal meter that matters).

Buniversal? Must be thinking about booty again.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
alt tab alt tab!

i dont get how you are supposed to be originally atheist though, how can you not belive in something in a whole new way?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I think it went something like "you choose religion, before that you believe nothing", but no one really remembers what they believed when they were 2 months old and as a kid you automatically believe all kinds of sh*t(like imaginary friends that aren't taught anywhere).

Ormorof

FH is my second home
the alt tab was referring to Tohtoris need for booty

and everything else made sense in my head when i wrot...writ..wro...said it!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I didn't believe in anything at all ever. My family weren't particularly religious. I was not really taught anything about Christianity until I went to a church of England primary school where I basically put it in the same box as the Roger Red hat books. I have never thought of it as the truth, its far too daft to be true. People are not born believers, sadly people are brain washed from an early age into believing this horse shit so I can understand how it must be hard for them accept their foolishness.

I don't understand it when religious people start calling atheists "sheep" surely to mindlessly and without question follow something that has absolutely no proof of existing, whatsoever is more sheep like behaviour than saying its a load of bollocks?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You never believed in anything? Or do you mean you never believed in any deity stuff?

Because if you didn't believe in santa, easter bunny, have an imaginary friend, aliens, hidden dragons etc, you've been a really...umm....pragmatic(?) kid :D

On the sheep thing though, unless you're completely unique, and i do mean completely unique with everything you do and think, you're going to be part of a flock of some description.

Don't know why being a sheep is bad either, for f*cks sake they carry a bed with them! :p

everyone's born an atheist.

As i said, can't really prove it though. Can't say i know anyone who remembers what they thought at the age of 1-3 months atleast.

And no it shouldn't be taken as "No everyone is christian!", just saying.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
ofc I believed in Santa. I was told about him at an early, impressionable age. I was soon told the truth though.

I happen to still believe in the possibility of there being alien life from a scientific point of view. That's not to say I know for a fact that they exist, just that I think its possible.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
ofc I believed in Santa. I was told about him at an early, impressionable age. I was soon told the truth though.

I happen to still believe in the possibility of there being alien life from a scientific point of view. That's not to say I know for a fact that they exist, just that I think its possible.

It's very possible. Almost certain. Somewhere.

Do I believe any of the assorted weirdos and dicks who claim to have seen them or that the US government is suppressing proof. Not in a million years :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I think it's a possibility that 0.1% of all the claims can be true, not that they necessarily are, but might be.

Though i'm partial to supernatural also and ofcourse space dragons.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
As i said, can't really prove it though. Can't say i know anyone who remembers what they thought at the age of 1-3 months atleast.

To say everyone is born an atheist is literally true. All religion is a learned behaviour. Its entirely possible that people have a genetic predisposition to be religious/"have faith" whatever, but until they're taught the concept of religion/a higher power, they're de facto atheists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom