Census 2011

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Depends on the definition really. If we go b the "rejection of deity" etc, it's not really true on infants.

Agnostic might be closer to it, on the fence, no opinion.

Best way to put it is that we are born with no opinion whatsoever on it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
That's true. They only know about it if they are told about it. If you could bring someone up in absolute isolation from religion until they could form their own opinions, they would most probably laugh at you if you suggested there was some supreme being. They would probably tell you to get fucked if you then suggested they should please it and feel some sort of guilt for not pleasing it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
That's true. They only know about it if they are told about it. If you could bring someone up in absolute isolation from religion until they could form their own opinions, they would most probably laugh at you if you suggested there was some supreme being. They would probably tell you to get fucked if you then suggested they should please it and feel some sort of guilt for not pleasing it.

Yeap, swings both ways, so best is to say there's no infant preposition. The isolation point depends on the person completely. There's still people with no deity beliefs being converted(goes both ways that one too). THough usually every tribe of people ahs some sun worship going on.

It's quite hard to speculate on an isolated person in a western civilization as it's neigh impossible to be isolated and if you are(living in some bomb shelter), you probably would be rather easy to manipulate.

I think the ability to avoid religion(and thus deny it), comes from the abundance of info and options around you. For example; if there was no such thing in the world as atheism, everyone was religious, would anyone do anything but believe? As such, atheism is also a learned opinion.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Neigh impossible :D

Laughing_Horse.jpg

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
That's right :D

Like a moo point; cows opinion, doesn't matter.
Neigh impossible; impossible for a horse even!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Religion has been around for a long time. Christianity has been around for 2,000 years. I think it will survive Richard Dawkins and his delusional ideas and the sheep that are unable to think for themselves.

I don't think many humanists take Dawkins seriously. Now the man in my avatar however... what a hero.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
well an agnostic is defined as someone who believes there might be a good but needs proof how does an infant understand the concept of god or proof? (of anything, god or anything else!?)

my personal theory is that all babies have the mind of someone who has died in their heads, that is why they look horrified and suprised at EVERYTHING!

imagine you died as a Roman Centurion, then your next image is coming out of a womans bits in France with some french dude cleaning you off and sitting you next to some strangers boobies, bet you would be suprised! (and depending on your outlook at the time, potentially horrified at the idea of being born in France)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I could be born in a pile of sh*T, in an abandoned warehouse in some remote island, surrounded by maneating plants and rebecca blacks friday playing infinitum loop on the background, but if the first thing i saw were lovely jubblies, i'd be happy as a...ooooooh....

Ormorof

FH is my second home
or would your first thought in new life be "damn wish i had a camera for that FH thread..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom