Celtic Dual, need adwice.

D

Drum'N'Base

Cant realy decide what offhand weapon to use.
Some tests with numbers or just rvr thoughs would be nice.

Asuming main hand is fang, capped qui and moa4 buffs.

sbs or vwp ?

T

Tyka

maxium damage output without motarms or any extra quick, use guarded rapier + an off hand weapon that is 2.2 spd

S

Sharp Thing

Originally posted by Drum'N'Base
Cant realy decide what offhand weapon to use.
Some tests with numbers or just rvr thoughs would be nice.

Asuming main hand is fang, capped qui and moa4 buffs.

sbs or vwp ?
vwp and sell me the sbs :p

sbs > vwp with haste etc

D

Drum'N'Base

Used atack speed calc 3.6spd + 2.2spd ....its way to capped ...1.5sec even dropping lots of qui.

Anyway how much haste in % give the purp moa4 buff ? 40+(40*0.12) more ?

and vf i payd shetlod for mine sbs :| u wont be interested in buying it even if i would want to sell ;p

T

Tyka

cap? wich cap? there is no weapon speed cap.. zZzZz

Z

ZeroHero

Hmm... afaik it's only SBs that get their weap speeds added and divided into 2..

So the optimal thing would be to get a slow offhand that's still faster than the mainhand, because when styling the offhand doesn't hit unless the mainhand is ready and therefore it'll only hit more when hitting unstyled..

Conclusion: Slow offhand is like win and stuff ^^;V

W

Wiro

Originally posted by ZeroHero
Hmm... afaik it's only SBs that get their weap speeds added and divided into 2..

Nah all duel wielders have that "haste effect" as soon as offhand hits. It's just that SBs and Zerks have a 100% chance to hit with offhand, so they always have that effect, while Hib and Alb duel wielders only have XX% chance to hit with offhand... :)

Afaik Hibs and Albs get more chance to hit with offhand while using two weaps from same spd, don't know for 100% sure tho :p

A

Aloca

They haste effect works for Cd/dw weilders when your offhand swings.

so if main hand hit you have 3.6 spd, if offhand swings and you hve a 2.2spd one you have 2.9spd

with that you hit cap way over cap when swinging offhand, but and a bit over when only main hand.
i recommend a average on 3.3 if i remember correct, cant find link to calcualtor.

P

Phelicia

daoc.nisrv.com <- got a swing speed calculator

C

ceix

fang +sbs with moa4 buffs = 1.9 swingtime

fang+vwp with moa4 buffs = 1.6

so seems vwp is bit better if you wont get mastery of arms

A

Auriel

The gory details are all -> here, but it's really deep.

The short version could go like this: Say you're using a 3.6spd GR and a 2.6spd VRP, then when you double swing your delay is only 3.2 but the style damage is still based on your 3.6 mainhand. That's the 'haste effect' dps boost in a nutshell.

Left Axe is the smoother style 'cos they always double swing, but with DW / CD the delay gets jumpy depending on whether you double swing or not :(

D

Drum'N'Base

Originally posted by ceix
fang +sbs with moa4 buffs = 1.9 swingtime

fang+vwp with moa4 buffs = 1.6

so seems vwp is bit better if you wont get mastery of arms

where from these numbers ?^^

using atack speed calc i got this :

4.3spd main hand
3.1spd offhand
228 qui
0 moarms
44.8 haste (delve on purp haste is 40 + 40*0.12)

so

main hand swing w/o haste effect will be 1.576
off hand swing with haste offect will be 1.136

swing speed is almost capped even w/o haste effect if u trust this calculator with haste is 1.5

so fast offhand weapon looks like isnt worth it ;o

edit: all this numbers and theory means nothing tbh would like to see stats came from proper rvr :))

S

Sharp Thing

its only 20% haste, not 40, all haste values are doubled on delve

E

Elric IA

Originally posted by Sharp Thing
its only 20% haste, not 40, all haste values are doubled on delve

Now the calculator makes sense

V

VodkaFairy

Casting and melee are two different things Tyka, they lied about the spell-casttime-cap but they didn't about the melee swing speed cap ;)

T

Tyka

cba finding logs of ppl proving it, believe it or not but there is not a cap on swing speed.

O

old.Lethul

Originally posted by Tyka
cba finding logs of ppl proving it, believe it or not but there is not a cap on swing speed.

i can make you one proving you wrong someday tho. Celerity + Selfspeed + fast weapons

Users who are viewing this thread