Cello hello !

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Can anyone remember a youtube vid posted about a rock band that plays on Cello's ? I think the song was called "one" but I can't find it anywere >.<

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Apocalyptica I believe.

They rock, literally.

Tilda

Bond is another rock-pop-string quartet that plays strings! :p

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JjQGt7WjK0

^^

They did an entire album of metallica covers, all of which are superb!

Should check their original stuff though, it's fantastic, saw them live supporting Rammstein and watched them play Master of puppets, Enter Sandman, and a few other ones, solo and everything. Was gobsmacked!

Nate

FH is my second home
Bond is another rock-pop-string quartet that plays strings! :p

Your a woman Harry!

harrypotter_200.jpg

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JjQGt7WjK0

^^

They did an entire album of metallica covers, all of which are superb!

Should check their original stuff though, it's fantastic, saw them live supporting Rammstein and watched them play Master of puppets, Enter Sandman, and a few other ones, solo and everything. Was gobsmacked!
Christ... most bands are a tad off on stage, hitting a few false notes, but this was BAD!! 4:10 for 8 seconds long not a good note in there... hurts my ears...

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Christ... most bands are a tad off on stage, hitting a few false notes, but this was BAD!! 4:10 for 8 seconds long not a good note in there... hurts my ears...

if you think of the sound range of a cello, and look at the speed of that lick, you will see that its not an easy thing to play, and as you said its especially hard to play live :) yes, they could have substituted it or changed it, but it wouldnt have been that faithful a cover then. after all, that was the point - doing the exact same thing, just on cellos.
yes, tis off, but its a very difficult passage on cello.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom