CE version bought from HMV

Helfar

Fledgling Freddie
I bought a pre-order version of the CE. It cost £10 (i think) maybe less can't remember as i bought it in July or so. I bought it from HMV. I asked a person in HMV this week about the actual boxed sets, and got a "no idea mate" response. I have this awful feeling that I am going to end up not getting a CE version, so also ordered an SE version. The thing that worries me is that If i dont get the CE version, will I have problems with my code? I have already sent a mail to GOA on this matter and suprisingly enough not heard a gnats fart back from them. Anyone got any ideas or been in this situation and found a work around, as I would have to do the CE headstart, then when i have to put a retail key in i have to put the SE key i have and it goes all wobbly on me.:confused:

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
I bought a pre-order version of the CE. It cost £10 (i think) maybe less can't remember as i bought it in July or so. I bought it from HMV. I asked a person in HMV this week about the actual boxed sets, and got a "no idea mate" response. I have this awful feeling that I am going to end up not getting a CE version, so also ordered an SE version. The thing that worries me is that If i dont get the CE version, will I have problems with my code? I have already sent a mail to GOA on this matter and suprisingly enough not heard a gnats fart back from them. Anyone got any ideas or been in this situation and found a work around, as I would have to do the CE headstart, then when i have to put a retail key in i have to put the SE key i have and it goes all wobbly on me.:confused:

No..... its been confirmed that you wont have to create a new account or lose you CE bonuses if you dont manage to get a CE and have to buy a SE.

I think GOA realised this when all the posts regarding HMV not having a clue and changed it, as originally we were told that you would HAVE to have a CE.

So dont worry you'll be fine either way

Helfar

Fledgling Freddie
thanks for that I was getting slightly worried i was going to spend a week on headstart only to lose it due to my local HMV being staffed by rejects from B&Q

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Dont buy things from HMV, they suck :p I always pre order my games from Game as they have always been reliable and it usually only costs a pound :p Didnt pre-order war coz wasnt sure whether it would run well enough to warrant me playing it properly or not but now it does I'm gonna have to rush out and get a copy on release day :p

boinged

Fledgling Freddie
So is there a possibility that I won't be able to get a CE with my CE pre-order? Will I just have to get to the store early and hope they haven't sold them all? I take it that HMV will deduct the £9.99 from the CE price (or SE if they run out)?

I only bought it in-store because I left it too late to buy from Play.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
So is there a possibility that I won't be able to get a CE with my CE pre-order? Will I just have to get to the store early and hope they haven't sold them all? I take it that HMV will deduct the £9.99 from the CE price (or SE if they run out)?

I only bought it in-store because I left it too late to buy from Play.

HMV stores handled this very differently depending on where you went and who you spoke to. In some stores they took your details to reserve a CE box, in others it seems it may come down to a free for all on the day. Speak to the store you got the CE pre-order from and find out how to get a CE resevered or (in fact probably also) queue up very early outside your HMV store.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
No..... its been confirmed that you wont have to create a new account or lose you CE bonuses if you dont manage to get a CE and have to buy a SE.

I think GOA realised this when all the posts regarding HMV not having a clue and changed it, as originally we were told that you would HAVE to have a CE.

So dont worry you'll be fine either way

Chris old chap do you have a source for that confirmation? Don't doubt you as such but I've never seen this stated anywhere and I'm asked it from time to time. I'm still falling back on the old line which was that CE headstart required CE game code or account becomes frozen after grace period expires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom