Football Ccccccccccc-combo breaker

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Poor Spain getting beaten by USA like that, what a shame. They have gone unbeaten for 36 matches i think it was. Thoughts?

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Good win for the USA, but take it with a pinch of salt, the Confederations Cup is an utterly pointless competition

Marc

FH is my second home
I wouldnt say pointless, i found it to be interesting.

I dont for one minute, believe the players play to anywhere near the intenisty they would in the world cup or the Euro's.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I dont for one minute, believe the players play to anywhere near the intenisty they would in the world cup or the Euro's.

If you saw the game, and how Spain fought to score at least one goal the last 15 minutes i'd call it pretty intense.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

They have played three poor teams so far in Iraq, SA and NZ, they have had an easy ride and assumed that USA would crumble as badly as they did to Brazil in their group game. Underestimation cost them big time, USA were the better team for the first half, and defended their lead admirably in the second. Spain tried hard to break them down once they realised what they were up against, but it was too late.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture

Tbh, they were also going for a world record of 36 national games without loss. I think that would make any team want to not lose, or in this case have to win.

soze

I am a FH squatter
If it means Cesc is now on holiday then great the extra days are good.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
The Americans are apparently going nuts over this.. I'll quote a few from another forum I read:

If we won, it would be the first international title the Americans have ever won and make them the CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS.

Butthurt spaniards refuse to trade shirts after the game!

For people who are unfamiliar with soccer etiquette, it's considered tradition and good manners to trade jerserys after an international match.

We have like 6 full time soccer players and a guy who sells stereos on the side man. That's what you call our full strength squad?
An American talking about his own team

Just to quote a few.. Also:

They keep talking about this thing called Mega Bowl and I have no idea wtf it is :/

Marc

FH is my second home
Hang on.

The first international title they would have won, if they win this year?

How did they qualify for the FIFA confederations cup then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom