Question Cave Etiquette

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Over the weekend I dug a tunnel from my castle to the main city, through some hills, under the sea etc. As I got to the city I came across some cave systems that had torches set in them. That is all that had been done to them and there were still metals, red stone and coal visible. I left them alone and considered the torches as someone staking a claim. I did however have to dig out 2-3 blocks deep at some sections to try and keep my track as level as possible. Anyway... the point is.
I was just wondering if everyone else feels the same. I know that if people come across someone’s stash vault they leave them alone but how do people feel about cave systems? After I finished my track and stations I needed to replenish my materials before the next project so decided to go mining, no matter where I went I bumped into other peoples mines so kept having to /pw back to base and try another direction. In the end I walked a full day cycle away from the main area and just started digging down. I have found one seriously huge fresh cave system. I cleared all the mobs out, torched it up etc. I would be pretty peeved if someone else found it and rinsed it of valuables after I had done the hard work of securing it!
Thoughts?

Yeah I know I haven’t played on the server long etc, just wondering :)

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Personally I think they're mostly fair game unless they've been heavily customised towards being someone's home or there's someone's home directly above (easy to check now with the realtime map).

There's no way of knowing how long ago the cave system was discovered and if it's been abandoned. I go all over the place and leave torches as I go but rarely mine all the coal or redstone as there's just too much of it and there's always the chance I miss some metal or gold etc. Chances are I'll never be going back there.

As long as people stay away from stuff that's clearly man made then I'd say anything else is fair game.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
WP has the right idea; if it's random tunnels, free to scavenge, but if it's a clear mining operation, leave it be.

Staking claim to a tunnel is a bit too terratorial and if you really want that iron ore, leave a signpost.

In fact, with the permission of Chosen; staking a claim requires a sign from now on. You're obliged to search for said sign, mark it properly to be visible and leave such signs at regular intervals.

Does not apply to clear cut mining operations ofcourse.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
As Toht said, there is no real claim to a cave. Only because you put up a torch(So many torches down there, and many of those who put them up dont even play anymore).

If you want to claim a cave, do as Toht said. Put up signs and show them that this is actually a place you are working on atm!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Better get busy digging then :)

It's seriously too big sign post, I reckon it is from about 20 blocks down and the various tunnels lead close to bedrock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom