Food CAU

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Been out tonight with my brother and brother-in-law in Guildford. Went to a restaurant called CAU. It is a steakhouse owned by Gaucho. The food is a lot cheaper but of the same quality. Had a great night, first class food and excellent service. The place was packed and I would certainly go back there again.

Had mussels to start, followed by a 12oz ribeye steak cooked medium and then a chocolate fondant with vanilla icecream. So stuffed right now.

Anyone else been to CAU?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
mussels eeewwwwdont do seafood ... donno whos poss or sex wee has been filtered through it

I take the 12oz steak any day tho :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Not but I'm going to eat Michelen star food next weekend \o/
I do enjoy eating at Michelin star restaurants but unfortunately there are none in Guildford :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
mussels eeewwwwdont do seafood ... donno whos poss or sex wee has been filtered through it

I take the 12oz steak any day tho :)
Seafood is great. You are missing out on some great tastes.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
thats just over prices wank fest .. chef has today jizzed over the fud and decided to charge you 50 quid a portion

It's not all expensive. 3 courses for £38.50. Not sure how that's an overpriced wank fest? But do judge on what you don't understand! A Michelen star does not mean it's an expensive place, it means the food is of a consistently excellent standard.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's not all expensive. 3 courses for £38.50. Not sure how that's an overpriced wank fest? But do judge on what you don't understand!
Fuck me thats cheap for a Michelin star restaurant. Where are you going?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
nearest place to me is heston snail porridge bloumenthal or how ever you spell it

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Will do. Not massively into any of the deserts currently which was a shame but I'll give the honeycomb parfait and caramel donuts things a big go anyway :D

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
38 quid prob come out hungry and need a good burger after heheh

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, can't say about CAU, but i know that anything that goes over the 15€ limit gets me in ex-cook mode and i make a lot more with that money :p

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Considering I'm not a fat, greedy prick I'd rather the food be of a high quality than piled onto a plate for no reason like some kind of Northern slob.

Well I'm northern but I'm not fat nor greedy. And I'd rather have high quality food with portions that was going to fill me, over some pretentiously named dish with a tea spoon of sauce to accompany my plate of food designed for the southern cucumber sandwich brigade!! :p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Go to a decent restaurant and you can normally taste the difference. The hawksmore (sp?) and gaucho are both very nice, but you pay a lot for it.

Barbecoa (sp?) is also very nice, and you can buy from their butchers right by the restaurant. Great tasting meats for just a tad more than super market.

Clown

Part of the furniture
I went to Goodmans in Canary Wharf and Upstairs At The Grill in Chester and they were both really nice. I want to try Hawksmore when I next get the opportunity. Never done Gaucho but I hear nothing but good things about it.

I like meat.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I do believe that I will look up Hawksmore now.

Clown

Part of the furniture
Hawksmore is pretty pricey. To be honest, I am just as happy having Burger King as I am having expensive stuff. I just enjoy going out and being with good people and being merry.
FH meet at Gauchos anyone?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
To be honest, I am just as happy having Burger King as I am having expensive stuff. I just enjoy going out and being with good people and being merry.

It's a good mindset to have, you enjoy everything and don't end up being disappointed often.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I do believe that I will look up Hawksmore now.

It's different to Gaucho as it's not Argentinian meat, however it's still fantastic. We had Bone in Prime Rib. I had no idea what to expect, but it was cooked on the bone for a better taste, and they were big thick cuts of meat. We got a 900g between two people.

Also they had these mushrooms with worchester sauce and possibly wine? Either way it gave this smoky bbq taste which was fantastic!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
lol, well I suppose they're a bit different to the ones in the NL then :)

Imagine this, but much darker and full of people!
GAUCHO-PICCADILLY013@eivmain.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom