Catacombs

Tigersans

Fledgling Freddie
Can anyone shed any light on why, when ever i go to catacombs mainly the otherworld my PC randomly shuts down and reboots.. Sometimes after 30 mins sometimes with a few mins.

Only happens in catacoombs The otherworld zone mainly.... Has anyone got any ideas what can cause this..

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Try forcing a full file check in case you have something missing / something corrupted.

Alternatively could be your graphics drivers taking exception to something, try different drivers.

It could also be simply that Catacombs (being more graphics heavy than most other areas) is stressing something in your graphics card or memory.

Also, it's worth changing your settings so that your PC doesn't automatically reboot, but instead shows the 'Blue screen of death', so that you can see which driver it thinks is causing the crash.

Darzil

Tigersans

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for advice,

My PC and GFX card shoudl easily run it TBH, Pent 3.2ghz 2gig ram radeon 9000 pro 128mb ram gfx card.. It runs DR fine jsut catactombs for some reason.

How do i change settings so i get to see the blue screen of death hehe?

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds mostly like a driver incompatibility problem. Update them.. if that doesn't work, down-grade them to the first driver that does run correctly.

If you can run Darkness Rising without problem, you should have no trouble whatsoever running Catacombs. :)

Stalkzor

Fledgling Freddie
I more or less had the same issue a few weeks ago. My PC would gradually slow down ( graphics would get really jerky) and finally crash after being one hour on line
I fixed it by changing my RAM.. (somehow my RAM got corrupted.)
Check yours, that might be the problem

Cheers

British

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Tigersans said:
How do i change settings so i get to see the blue screen of death hehe?

On Windows XP :

Right click on My Computer, go to Properties.
Click on the Advanced Tab.
Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings.
Under System Failure, untick Automatically restart, and click Ok.

Other Windows operating systems it's similar.

Darzil

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Faulty or insufficient power can cause your PC to reboot or turn itself off. Could be your PSU... though check your video card drivers first as mentioned.

Tigersans

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for help folks, after trying drivers i was still getting problems, ive now taken the cover off PC and its full of dust the RAM itself was covered in it.

Maybe the RAM was overheating, ive cleaned the PC and now will try again lol.

Thanks loads for input here

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom