Catacombs video not enabled?

Taardad

Fledgling Freddie
I have a strange problem with catacombs. The options menu is just the same as in atlantis. There's nothing even indicating that I have cats installed. There nothing conserning the new models, UI or anything. It's very strange and IRRITATING :twak:

I can however zone into every cats zone there is and make vampiirs, tics ans so one. And my video cart is supported --> ati 9000 something something

I downloaded cats by changing the update.dat to .../catacombs/...

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
In the 'Options' menu from the character selection screen, on the left hand side you should see a link to Configure figure versions. Click there and if your card is supported you can choose how various models are displayed. Note that the rest of the graphical options are the same as for ToA - so options for trees, water, skins etc will not have changed in the Catacombs client. If you go to the options menu ingame you can configure the name font there instead.

Also make sure your graphics drivers are up to date as you may not be able to use all the features even on a supported grahics card if you have older drivers.

Taardad

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
In the 'Options' menu from the character selection screen, on the left hand side you should see a link to Configure figure versions.

Thanks for the quik reply, but there ain't no such thing in my options panel at character-select. Maybe I should reinstall with another client. Because I noticed that all the files are still under de TOA directory? Shouldn't there be something indicating catacombs?

Dimmer

Fledgling Freddie
try run the new client.... seams like you running the toa client. default dir installed cata in is: c:\Dark Age of Camelot - Catacombs

looks like you running your toa client by the way you describe it.

Taardad

Fledgling Freddie
Dimmer said:
try run the new client.... seams like you running the toa client. default dir installed cata in is: c:\Dark Age of Camelot - Catacombs

looks like you running your toa client by the way you describe it.

That cant be it since after patching the TOA client got overwrited by the cats client. I checked it.

And also another bigger problem has occured! When I tried to zone into the shar labyrint I crashed to windows. Now, whenever I try to log in that char it begins to load the zone (shar labyrint) and then crashes to windows again. Meaning that I lost that char for now.
I've reinstalled the drivers and directx already. But nothing changed :(

Frozenheart

Fledgling Freddie
I got all the new funky cats skin ... options to customize character ... but i don't have the sliders, can just change the face and hair colour, which, without the fancy background etc would be the same as toa.

My video card is a Geforce4 MX 440 could that be the problem?

Xoxarle

Fledgling Freddie
It sounds like the ToA client hasn't been properly updated.
From the problems described it would appear (as stated before) that you are running the ToA client. If i were you, i'd get a cata's CD and install the game seperately, then if it works, you can just remove ToA if you want to.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Frozenheart said:
My video card is a Geforce4 MX 440 could that be the problem?

Yep, time to upgrade. Geforce MX 440 is a souped up Geforce2 and doesn't support DirectX9.0c. As a rule, avoid anything that has 'MX' in the name. :)

Frozenheart

Fledgling Freddie
Well tbh i read up on the site and some of the options don't come up as a result of my card not being compatible ... and i don't remember asking ur opinion on MX just was it compatible ... which i now know it wasn't by simply reading the main site :p
got a new card and the options are up now, whole new set of problems, but oh well

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom