Catacombs stuff

XeffoInfil

Fledgling Freddie
zealots...sounds like they wrote down all the albion spec lines, put it into a hat and randomly pulled out 4 skills and made a class from it

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
that made me laff so hard im not even going to waste my time.. you ARE sure your playing DAOC? right?
great another cloth weilding piece of shit... yet another reason to wait for WoW.
May I ask how do you know they will suck? You have some inside info mayhaps? If not, stop fucking whining before they even said something about the class abilitys.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
its the usual whiners before any new patch/add on, they always say they will quit when it comes, most are still here, most will still be here after NF most will still be here when we get catacombs.

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Wildfire said:
Actually when you stop and think about it instead of just hitting the insta-whine button, the Zealot is potentially everything albion needs in its groups to bring it on par in RvR; a healing support class that can deal ranged or melee (levi anyone?) damage. No doubt the cloth armour will be supplemented with absorbtion buffs in the same way as the valewalker is...

But then I suppose you were all bound to whine anyway. If mythic gave the realm something cool you would whine that it wasn't functional. If they put something functional into the game (as the zealot appears to be), everyone would piss themselves crying that it wasn't cool.

Stop for one fricken second and work out what it is albion is missing in its' group setups. This class sounds like a godsend.

amen, now stop fucking whining until you either play it yourself or see others try it in rvr

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Kagato said:
What makes you think they can heal? Reavers and Necromancers are both Arawn adepts and neither of them get access to any healing spells, this zealot renounces the church at 5th level. Im not saying they wont get healing spells but theres nothing here to indicate or show they will.

"They will essentially be a sort of evil Cleric"

"fighter/mage/healer hybrid"

:p

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Klonk said:
"They will essentially be a sort of evil Cleric"

"fighter/mage/healer hybrid"

:p

healer was not mentioned, it just said fighter/mage/cleric, and evil cleric at that, still no indication they will definetly have healing spells, let alone good ones. Even if they do I doubt they will be any better then friars at it. And healing in itself is not something you'd expect from followers of Arawn, heck the more dead the better for him, hence why necros and reavers have no such abilities.

I wouldn't expect anything more then the healing ability of a BB or friar if at all.

Now lets see what over powered shit they give to mids and hibs.

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
If it comes from the acolyte base class it will have acolyte baselines... that'll mean baseline heals and base buffs at the very least... I can only guess but I think you're taking the whole renounciation thing a bit too seriously; in all likelihood this is just Firor's way of fitting the character into the lore. Why would mythic make the class start out as an acolyte if they were just going to take away its' baseline spells at level 5? Answer: no-one would, that would just be stupid.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
well that list didnt have any new base classes in so if that list can be seen as true the new classes will come from existing base classes.

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Dorin said:
if something is bugged and 3 shot kills almost everything, you will blame the class not its concern tbh.

If a class is bugged then it's bugged, if it's doing the infamous "working as intended" then it's almost certainly overpowered :p

I can 3 shot some classes with crits on all 3 styles of VW sidechain and a crit on pbaoe proc but I usually get a target out of view on the 3rd style of the pbaoe is resisted and my targets healed but generally I nuke support first then melee ;)

As for classes yet to come, I can't comment but players will always find uses for a class the designers never quite envisaged (or couldn't be arsed testing thouroughly which amounts to the same thing) and combinations can get out of hand.

Neo

Loyal Freddie
Kagato said:
Now lets see what over powered shit they give to mids and hibs.
Well, since u albs prolly gonna zerg the crap out of us when NF is released (see U.S servers) we gonna need all the fire power we can get, aight ? xDD

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Hrm fighting+healing and nuking+healing don't go well together - we've already got two classes that act like that in albion...

however given it's a spiffy new class they can do wacky new things with the heal line so they may well have melee styles that heal their group and lifetaps that heal everyone else or other weirdo stuff so that healing+damage works together for a change.

Course all the clerics and friars will reroll zealots ;)

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Zenith said:
May I ask how do you know they will suck? You have some inside info mayhaps? If not, stop fucking whining before they even said something about the class abilitys.

pwnd :flame:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Neo said:
Well, since u albs prolly gonna zerg the crap out of us when NF is released (see U.S servers) we gonna need all the fire power we can get, aight ? xDD

Blame mythic for making albion classes shit, not the albs.

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Jox said:
Matt Firor screams while holding up the carrot;

- Plz!!! hibs, mids, comeback!!, we have done 2 overpowered classes for you!

What - to go with the other half dozen in each realm.

My money is on a quintuple hth, chain wearing, self rezzing, bolting, insta stun/mezzing tank - with bonedanncer healer pets for mid, because we all know how weak and underpowered mid is right now....

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
An evil cleric in the sense that instead of healing, it draws HP from the group members.
I'm pretty sure they will do it that way.
How can we fuck over Albion yet again?
Give 2 more insanely overpowered classes to Midgard like we did with SI (Savage and BD) check
Give Albion some toon with cloth armor, filled with bugs (like the necro in SI) and who actually will kill his own teammates! check!
Give Hibernia and Midgard toons 2500 base range, so they will also win the range wars! Check!
Pretty sure it will be something like this.
Regards, Glottis

Neo

Loyal Freddie
Kagato said:
Blame mythic for making albion classes shit, not the albs.
alb classes aint shit, just look at thoose (few) albs who are running as 1fg and pwning most of the stuff thrown at em. Are they really just "Super elite" players ? or have they learned to play their classes right ? They are really hard to beat in any case.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Those kinds of people put shit loads of work into their character. There's no stat uncapped, no item unaquired, no trick they don't know. Albs have a hard time of things.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
the same as hibs and i assume mids, we put work into our temps, plan RA's spec effectivly etc

Stallker

Fledgling Freddie
bet your a teenager or something?

Is it a crime? i hear this shouted everywhere whenever a comment is made that people don't like,

i myself am 17 and i dont see the problem with teenagers playing Camelot tbh, if you do maybe make a game and make the age limit 30+ ? lmao :eek:

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Stallker said:
Is it a crime? i hear this shouted everywhere whenever a comment is made that people don't like,

i myself am 17 and i dont see the problem with teenagers playing Camelot tbh, if you do maybe make a game and make the age limit 30+ ? lmao :eek:

The older you get the more immature you become.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Neo said:
alb classes aint shit, just look at thoose (few) albs who are running as 1fg and pwning most of the stuff thrown at em. Are they really just "Super elite" players ? or have they learned to play their classes right ? They are really hard to beat in any case.

Right, when was the last time you saw 1fg of albs beat anything but random pick up groups? Probably not since toa i'd imagine. For everytime an alb group beats a half capable hib or mid group they die half a dozen times more to them, and when we lose what little RA advantage we have we'll be truely fucked.
And in any case this has nothing to do with fg vs fg im talking about albion classes being shit, which they are, aside from the minstrel every mid or hib class has twice as much utility and capability as anything albion has. Most of our classes are one trick ponies, to be honest its laughable.

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
Yeah, but the good Albs live and breathe DAoC. Sad really. :(

ye, we dont rly have those in mid/hib do we?

<frantically fends off certain names flying at me>

Gasoline

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
aside from the minstrel every mid or hib class has twice as much utility and capability as anything albion has.

Then there's the sorc, which has 3 speclines in one....(I've seen Gritzy take down FGs solo in DF, on one of his v.rare ventures into the lower levels...)
Then the theurgist -- pet-spam supreme...
Oh, and the pally - best armour in the game, AF chants just in case that isn't good enough for them...among other chants...

Yes, aside from the minstrel, every mid or hib class has twice the utility ANYTHING Albion has to offer... :eek7:

Veno

Fledgling Freddie
Gasoline said:
Then there's the sorc, which has 3 speclines in one....(I've seen Gritzy take down FGs solo in DF, on one of his v.rare ventures into the lower levels...)
Oh, and the pally - best armour in the game, AF chants just in case that isn't good enough for them...among other chants...

Yes, aside from the minstrel, every mid or hib class has twice the utility ANYTHING Albion has to offer... :eek7:
Lets make a group full of paladins :worthy:

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Gasoline said:

Or, you get your head out of your rear end, and figure out while Albion has access to a wonderfull array of utility, all that matters is specialitisation!
Hibs rule in magic, Mids in melee, and Albs are mediocre in both (although right now it would seem Mid has both melee and magic pretty well covered)
Now, this might be hard to figure out for you, but it is not fun playing mediocre classes and trying to beat classes doing that they do best...
But then again, it will be too hard for you to figure that one out...
Regards, Glottis

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
Jergiot said:
but then again its not a secret mythic tried to kill off stealth from the game period.
With good reason. Stealth, in it's current form, was a mistake from the beginning. "Regular" rvr and stealth rvr are nothing more than annoyances to one another. Stealthers clogging up milegates, getting rolled by FGs/zergs and FGs/zergs get leeched by stealthers.

Looking back on it, they would've been better off making two seperate games. Either that or make the intelligence a stealther can collect worth something i.e. shifting their utility from killing to scouting/picking off strategically important targets (that may or may not be other players).

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Gasoline said:

Really? Which line? Matter which has DoTs and debuffs, or Body which has lifetaps and debuffs, or Mind which has Mez, Charm and debuffs? perhaps you're confusing the sorceror with a healer who does indeed have more in their specline: Mez, stun, root, amnesia, and debuffs.

Ah the theurgist and their pet spam galore. you do realise that those pets are on a fixed casting cost of 12%. 8 pets and OOP - lovely.

Ah the pally. The one class that looks up to the warden and envies their damage output.

Lets not mention the spiritmaster and the uberintercept pet, or the afk levelling unkillable bonedancer, or the 1k quadhitting selfbuffing savage shall we?

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Raven said:
i thought the reason mid/hib are getting 2 and alb are getting 1 was because alb already has more classes
Thats what it would seem like to the majority.

Frankly Alb dont need more classes but then again, wtf would they buy catacombs to play an existing lvl50 :/ I can see catacombs being a bit of failure in Alb tbh, a cloth wearing hybrid tank/cleric...rah thats just what we need.

Mythic are once again grasping....

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Right, when was the last time you saw 1fg of albs beat anything but random pick up groups? Probably not since toa i'd imagine. For everytime an alb group beats a half capable hib or mid group they die half a dozen times more to them, and when we lose what little RA advantage we have we'll be truely fucked.

Zzzz.. you apperantly havent been to emain in a while. AD, Stt's caster group and Synergy often beat good hib/mid groups.

Kagato said:
And in any case this has nothing to do with fg vs fg im talking about albion classes being shit, which they are, aside from the minstrel every mid or hib class has twice as much utility and capability as anything albion has. Most of our classes are one trick ponies, to be honest its laughable.

Ok maybe albs in general have a bit worse classes but they have their share of good ones aswell such as sorc, theurgist and minstrel.. not like spirit cabbies are bad either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom