catacombs release date ?

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
just read on amazon thats release date is 15th april ? seems play r saying the same.. anyone from goa enlighten us a lil if its changed?

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
The release date is still March 24, we are working on getting the release dates sorted with everyone, our distributors in their infinite wisdom decided that March was to busy a month to release in and took it upon themselves to move it into April. The marketing department has been on the phone the past three days trying to get everything sorted.

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
thx for the quick reply.. alot of brits r a little worried about being able to purchase as release date for us is a public bank holiday......

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
No I'm sorry , putting my foot down, I insist, nay DEMAND that the UK get's it last, in fact patch us last.
Translate the game into Swahili before we get it.
Make it avaliable on the Klingon blackmarket in every local dialect.

Just cos King Arthur is OUR legend, is no excuse for not leaving us on the shelf.

Who are we to make lame comments about it being written in English (our language) for the Americans allready.

WHO DO WE THINK WE ARE!!!!

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
It's worse than that. It doesn't get translated into English, it stays in American !

Darzil

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Zenythe said:
our distributors in their infinite wisdom decided that March was to busy a month to release in and took it upon themselves to move it into April.

If you stop and think about it at face value this is a pretty lame answer and sort of suggests 'it wasn't folks it was them there pesky distributors'.

If distributors have been hired to do a job then they will have been given a contract. Even the simplest of contracts will ask for when you want the game distributed. It may of course cost more if demand is high for something to go out on a particular day. Give them a time frame - so they can make sure that the lorries travel fully laden etc and the option to use their skill and judgement to maximise sales, achieve the lowest distribution costs and they will do just that. Choose a date that they believe is best.

Looks like no one told Marketing though ....

Good job the members of Freddy's House were alert to this.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
gervaise said:
If you stop and think about it at face value this is a pretty lame answer and sort of suggests 'it wasn't folks it was them there pesky distributors'.

If distributors have been hired to do a job then they will have been given a contract. Even the simplest of contracts will ask for when you want the game distributed. It may of course cost more if demand is high for something to go out on a particular day. Give them a time frame - so they can make sure that the lorries travel fully laden etc and the option to use their skill and judgement to maximise sales, achieve the lowest distribution costs and they will do just that. Choose a date that they believe is best.

Looks like no one told Marketing though ....

Good job the members of Freddy's House were alert to this.
what did he say?:eek7:

York

Fledgling Freddie
The release date is still March 24, we are working on getting the release dates sorted with everyone, our distributors in their infinite wisdom decided that March was to busy a month to release in and took it upon themselves to move it into April. The marketing department has been on the phone the past three days trying to get everything sorted.

No offence but distributors dont decide when products get shipped the company who hired them to distribute the product do. It all sounds backwards to me.

Concerned myself too, i went into GAME yesterday to enquire about it, they havent even heard of it, so i sent an email to swallowgames.co.uk (usually get my daoc stuff from there) and they have release date down as 15th April so i directed them to the official statement on the goa site.

When players have to do the job of informing companies about release dates and the existance of products then personally i would take a long hard look at whichever department deals with this kind of thing becuase your losing money.

On a good note swallowgames have assured me that the game will be available on the 24th-25th march.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I contacted a shop in Greece, got told that they'll have it on the 15th of April!!

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
[
York said:
No offence but distributors dont decide when products get shipped the company who hired them to distribute the product do. It all sounds backwards to me.
Erm they can do. Distributors aren't just companies who send lorries full of games to shops, they deal with all aspects of managing a release locally as they know the market, know the buyers and the local conditions. We provide them with a game, they take over getting it from us to the shops. In most cases they actually do decide when to release a game based on what the market is doing and how busy the schedules already are.. In this case we told them we wanted it released on the 24th, they objected so we insisted. It seems that somewhere down the line they went back to their plan of an April release.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
So.. the current situation is this:

We are now 2 weeks off GoA's "release" date which was posted in friday news.

We then get told on an unofficial forum that the release date has changed because of distribution problems.

Is there any GM who has a 100% certain release date for this because atm many websites are quoteing all sorts of different release dates.

I for one am very confused on the actual release date now and it seems one very big unprofessional mess so soon to the release date when ever that should be.

PS also might want to some major retailers such as GAME.uk that you are actualy selling this atm it is not shown on the site.

Mishal

Fledgling Freddie
I just pre-ordered my copy in Fona (danish store) And they told me that they'll have em 25th march.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Litmus said:
So.. the current situation is this:

We are now 2 weeks off GoA's "release" date which was posted in friday news.

We then get told on an unofficial forum that the release date has changed because of distribution problems.

Is there any GM who has a 100% certain release date for this because atm many websites are quoteing all sorts of different release dates.

I for one am very confused on the actual release date now and it seems one very big unprofessional mess so soon to the release date when ever that should be.

PS also might want to some major retailers such as GAME.uk that you are actualy selling this atm it is not shown on the site.

We have never said the release date has changed. We stated on the official site that the release date was going to be the 24th March. Our distributors moved it to April but this is not the release date. We have been dealing directly with the retailers to inform them of the true release date which has not changed from our official statement. Catacombs is released across Europe on the 24th March.

If you read any of the myriad threads on this forum regarding the release date you will see the answers to all the questions you have - including your comment about Game.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Requiel said:
We have never said the release date has changed. We stated on the official site that the release date was going to be the 24th March. Our distributors moved it to April but this is not the release date. We have been dealing directly with the retailers to inform them of the true release date which has not changed from our official statement. Catacombs is released across Europe on the 24th March.

If you read any of the myriad threads on this forum regarding the release date you will see the answers to all the questions you have - including your comment about Game.

ok ta, didnt mean to sound "flamey" if i did :)

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Spoken to a few English .co who will have game on 25th, but they are a bit puzzled by the release date, as although they will be open on the day - all of the carriers - including Royal Mail will not, so if your having it posted - your not gonna get it on the 25th, and of course the 28th is also a Bank Holiday aswell, will arrive eventually I guess :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom