melee'ing sounds like playing with a toy weapon

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
get a new soundchip i suggest
first impression after 6 hours instanced dungeon=
NEGATIVE
way to low xp compared to mob con
way to high resist rate
to much running to get to instanced dungeon (at least not using a mainland dungeon as shortcut)
not noticed the "changing hit sound" that was mentioned, maybe not enough damage done :)

POSITIVE
nice GFX
HUGE (i mean HUGE) dungeons/instanced
nice FX
hard to solo end Boss in level 49-50 instanced dungeon, necro+bb=dead :)

MY impression overall:
can have, defintly NOT a must have sad to say

Faya

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Faya said:
get a new soundchip i suggest
first impression after 6 hours instanced dungeon=
NEGATIVE
way to low xp compared to mob con
way to high resist rate
to much running to get to instanced dungeon (at least not using a mainland dungeon as shortcut)
not noticed the "changing hit sound" that was mentioned, maybe not enough damage done :)

POSITIVE
nice GFX
HUGE (i mean HUGE) dungeons/instanced
nice FX
hard to solo end Boss in level 49-50 instanced dungeon, necro+bb=dead :)

MY impression overall:
can have, defintly NOT a must have sad to say

Faya

normal instances = crap xp for less than 4 people in there. If you want xp you 'd be better off with the task dungeons.
running around? have you discovered the obelisks?
the new sounds are really neat :) I like them.

Bloodclot

Banned
the lvl40+ warlocks in moderna are funny.....

like, `lets be the first fotm class of the server, and i don't care if i don't know how to play it!`

Rushie

Fledgling Freddie
the new sounds are pretty crap tbh, sounds like ur listening to something with the battery running out imo.

Aonmeamna

Fledgling Freddie
Crap XP?

I thought the whole point behind this was to "ease the pain" for leveling?

Or were those people spouting rubbish?

Aonmeamna

Fledgling Freddie
And what is the point of instancing if it's crap for < 4 people? Hell, in 6 months time there will probably only be 4 people left in the game!

thaaadi

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodclot said:

like, `lets be the first fotm class of the server, and i don't care if i don't know how to play it!`

Belive me they cant fail playing warlock..

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Aonmeamna said:
And what is the point of instancing if it's crap for < 4 people? Hell, in 6 months time there will probably only be 4 people left in the game!

if you have a duo go to a task instance if you want good xp...

proper instances scale the bonus based on the number of people in there - ideally you want a fg so stop soloing with yer bot :p ;)

Aonmeamna

Fledgling Freddie
I have no bot, I am just a casual player, fed up with being ignored by GOA/Mythic. I pay the same cash as someone who plays 24/7 but the game is less and less for the casual player. Again, what is the point of instancing if it doesn't cater for all. I was hoping Catacombs may have soemthing for me as ToA is completely beyond my resources. Very sad to see I may be wrong.

Bloodclot

Banned
nice bug:

the sm rr5 ability:

the way it should work: you press the ability and it heals the group for 1000ish hp (spread out).

the way it works now: it heals for 1hp to every group member :clap:

Bloodclot said:
nice bug:

the sm rr5 ability:

the way it should work: you press the ability and it heals the group for 1000ish hp (spread out).

the way it works now: it heals for 1hp to every group member :clap:

omg nerf!

Blazor Meneth

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodclot said:

Yepp bloodcolt, all groovers are really clueless retards and wont prolly ever get how to play those warlocks, and its not moderna ffs its lair!!!! :twak:

moik

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodclot said:

believe it or not but some ppl can actually figure out how to play a class after they've played it for ~1 hour or so.. i think its sad that u need several days /played to achieve the same knowledge :fluffle: go all you new fotmwarlocks! :clap:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Aonmeamna said:
Crap XP?

I thought the whole point behind this was to "ease the pain" for leveling?

Or were those people spouting rubbish?

you dont have to spend time wandering around looking for exp, it near enough comes to you, grab a dungeon mission, go down and clear it, you even get chips that you can spend (just like df seals) on pretty good exping armour/weapons/items, far better than DF stuff. the dungeons are huge so plenty of exp in there.

There were some buggy areas, getting stuck behind invisible scenery, mobs disapearing etc, but thats to be expected, its only been live a couple of days.

The new sound effects are great and the new player graphics, once you get used to them are nice too.

I dont really see much point to it though, unless you are really into PVE, there doesnt seem to be a goal, in toa people wanted to get master levels done and get their artifacts/scrolls, i havent had one good drop from catacombs yet, not even a good rog, though i did kill a few named mobs that dropped 2x named items, some will come in handy for when i exp my vamp.

I think its a great add on for exping, and i think it will bring back the old style exp groups (when people get it ofc) which has to be a good thing.

All in all i am impressed, though its not as good as i would have hoped.

If i was pushed for a score it would probably be 7/10 :)

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Bloodclot said:

the fotms who put a lot of thought into their training to omgwtfr0xx0r at 50 cause they xped normally all the way are alot funnier imo :<

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I love the Clint Eastwood hat on my chantress !!

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
I have only tried one instance so far in mainland dungeons and that one was buggy as hell same old LOS problems I stand 2 feet from a mob yet when I try to nuke him I get "You cant see your target from here" or whatever it says. Pathing sucked badly with pet running in and out of wall same with pulled mobs.

Task instance dungeons strangely enough worked perfectly well totaly opposite to the otheri nstance I was in.

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
BC, you dont know how to play a zerk after 3 years so be quiet plz :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom