Catacombs. Good or bad for RvR?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Think of it this way:

¤It (most likely) wont contain new artifacts, so getting the new "uber" items wont take *that* long.
¤By the time its here we will have rvr'ed for about 6 months without any new stuff. If you cant take a couple weeks for some new content/pve etc at that point then you have an unhealthy relationship to rvr :D
¤It will give us some nice fluff (fluff doesnt negatively affect your rvr experience).
¤At least its only one new class to balance, not two as in SI^^
¤It most likely wont cost more than about 30-35euro. Not much really so why not try it? You'll pay the same subs anyway. If it isnt fun for you then you will hardly have lost anything.

As for me, i say bring on Catacombs^^

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
SI was actually a very nice addition. Made it much easier to make a decent template, added some decent classes (that still need to be fixed), and did add items that where uber and had to be farmed (like sidi drops in Albion).
Catacombs will add stuff again that the hardcore player still cannot be without. Maybe some area that lvl's 5 times faster (like AC for Albion compared to twees) or indeed jewel crafting, which will allow us to easier fit the ToA templates...
Mythic will make sure you will want to buy it, DaoC is a nice cash cow :)
Regards, Glottis

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
i hope hibs new class is a melee class, not played much tankage

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
i actualy hope cata'z will change rvr. looking at NF boards n reading various forums ..... rvr is HUGELY centered around keep raids etc..... im HOPING catacombs is big enough to field more open rvr.... running battles more small grp combat 8v8's etc.....

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
Im sure I will buy it... even if it sucks... IF i start play again.. wich i very much am sure I will...... some rainy day :eek:

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
Raven said:
no need to call people retards, whats wrong, your mummy not give you your sweeties today?

you called me a whiner, i called you a retard. fun, isnt it!

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
STOP SAYING U'LL LEAVE WHEN THERES CATACOMBS ORSO!!!!
(oe i luv caps)

Coz like 80% of this forums daid they would stop at ToA.....
And hey 79% is back,.....:kissit:

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
the simple fact is all you ppl who have worked hard to get your chars a damn good template, spent weeks of countless boring pve to get 1 god damn item and u dont want to go through it again i know i dont im already fed up of it and i aint even finished mine yet

saying toa didnt have an impact on rvr has gotta be the biggest contridiction ever i mean its even there above the good ole quote " working as intended"

its simple the end game of daoc is rvr plain and simple that means if they have any new expansions coming out they have to have something in it that will attract the rvr addicts and not just the pve players, so yes catacombs will be bad ppl have left cos of toa because of how it effects there char in rvr if they dont got the time to do ml's or camp artis let alone get the scrolls

now they say catacombs is purely for pve? if u believe that your a fool mythic aint told a solid truth about any add on yet. new instanced dungeons whos gonna go down to the depths of them if u dont need to oh sure you might do it once for curiousity but you arent going to go down there time and time again are you unless theres some juicy items to be gotten, i really wouldnt expect your temps you have created to be final cos when cata comes we will get all new items (again) and the only reason ppl will go to toa is for the ML's like the only reason ppl go to si now is to get paidrean necklace

i said toa would be a bad idea and i was right ppl are leaving almost daily it seems, hope im wrong and cata is going to be what they say its going to be a pve add on but i got a healthy distrust of mythic these days so i doubt it

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
Gee, where have I heard dozens of people randomly whining and saying they'll stop playing when <insert expansion pack here> comes out? Ohhh I remember, Shrouded Isles. And Trials of Atlantis. I think some people even said the same about the housing expansion though I can't remember their justifications.

Fucking drama queens. :rolleyes: You'll all still be here, you'll all buy Catacombs, you all know it.

edit: fuck off whining about having to go through getting things again... do you even know what instanced encounters mean and do for games like this? That's the whole fricken point of them!!

Zzang

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:
They said it is more a classic expansion like Shrouded Isles was. So i think they implent some nice Items. Instant Dungeons ofc. One new class each Realm. And new Char Models. Shrouded Isles had no Impact on RvR. There is a good Chance that Catacombs doesnt have it. :D

Aye Savages had no impact at all xDD

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Zzang said:
Aye Savages had no impact at all xDD

As i said earlier iam not talking about new classes we were able to reroll (there was no need to do so apart from the ones who wanted to wtfpwn).

Iam talking about Items, Gay Ml's and Artifacts etc. Shrouded Isles has some nice Items but they weren't needed for RvR.

Next time read the whole Thread before you make a useless comment Mr. Zzang. :)

Zzang

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:
As i said earlier iam not talking about new classes we were able to reroll (there was no need to do so apart from the ones who wanted to wtfpwn).

Iam talking about Items, Gay Ml's and Artifacts etc. Shrouded Isles has some nice Items but they weren't needed for RvR.

Next time read the whole Thread before you make a useless comment Mr. Zzang. :)

i got 3 words for u
c
b
a

Das_Hibbie

Fledgling Freddie
Some of the old players might quit for one reason or another, but aside from that, new publicity and light is always shed upon daoc when a new expansion is released. And with the extreme graphical facelift we will definately be seing a large number of completely new players which imo is very nice :)

I think Catas will be very good for daoc in the large perspective ;) Those who leave make more noise than those who join in.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
tbh who gives a shit if a few wtfpwnm8's type players leave, the people on FH are a very small minority or the population, new players start all the time, the overall population hasnt changed much over the last couple of years, if anything it has grown. mmorpg's need new content all the time or they get very dull very quickly. The problem with toa i think was, it was far to much in one go. If catavombs is like SI i think it will be great. A lot of people actually enjoy pve they dont play just for rvr, if all you want is pvp then daoc isnt really for you.

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
no i wont buy catacombs if its just a useless pve expansion. yes i will stop playing daoc if this means i cant compete in rvr due to mythic's stupid lust for my cash <new expansions>. I didnt say this for ToA (master level abilities looked very exciting), why would i lie about it now?

Das_Hibbie

Fledgling Freddie
Novamir said:
no i wont buy catacombs if its just a useless pve expansion. yes i will stop playing daoc if this means i cant compete in rvr due to mythic's stupid lust for my cash <new expansions>. I didnt say this for ToA (master level abilities looked very exciting), why would i lie about it now?

I don't know if you liked SI or not, but imo it was a very good expansion. ToA just feels like a treadmill atm :/ I'm lvling a new toon atm and well it doesn't seem like I'll be seeing much RvR very soon :)

If it's like SI you shouldn't be forced to buy it if you're THAT tired of PvE to compete in RvR, however I fail to think up a reason why not to buy it :eek:

Dantares

Fledgling Freddie
I don't see the concern to be honest, if it's just a PvE thing then don't buy it even though it will be fairly inexpensive like expansions normally are. As Raven said in games like this you need to have new things to keep peoples interest in the game. Some people instantly complain about changes in the game instead of learning and adapting to the changes going on. Personally I would be more disappointed if there were no longer anymore expansion packs coming out as I look forward constantly to new things to explore. Wandering around Emain/Odin's/Hadrian's gets so dull after a while.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Nalistah said:
Im sure I will buy it... even if it sucks... IF i start play again.. wich i very much am sure I will...... some rainy day :eek:

'bout time you did, i don't have enough people to whine at :)

Das_Hibbie

Fledgling Freddie
Kalba said:
Ever heard of S-A-V-A-G-E-S? :twak:

As stated in earlier posts he was referring to items and such things that are needed to compete in RvR. A Healer didn't have to reroll Savage to be able to compete as a healer. ToA however introduced MLs and Artis along with so utterly insane gear that you needed to farm them to compete. That's the major difference ;)

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Das_Hibbie said:
As stated in earlier posts he was referring to items and such things that are needed to compete in RvR. A Healer didn't have to reroll Savage to be able to compete as a healer. ToA however introduced MLs and Artis along with so utterly insane gear that you needed to farm them to compete. That's the major difference ;)

ok i do agree there , howeve SI did really introduce the whole uber itamz needed for a effective SC'd suit.

Like Oily Rag and cracked gear rings for a friar

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
oh, woops. Didnt read all those posts before, but I´d still say that savages (and berserker nerf) at the same time had a pretty big impact on RvR. ;)

By the time 1.62 hit euro everyone had a savage level 50... :twak:

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Glad I made my Saracen female considering the male looks :rolleyes:

Like a cheap race horse merchant or smth :eek:

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Well my ToA template has been made with only jewelry artifacts so I'll be okay using them still for a new template if required in catacombs :D Not as if I planned that but I guess I was just lucky.

As for people saying they will leave when it comes out.....do you know something the rest of us don't? Because as far as I know the only real things that have been told are that there will be a new class, underground large maps and a graphics update (pretty much anyway). There has been nothing at all as of yet discussed to do with anything unbalancing or changing RvR at all.

Don't be so negative :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom