Catacombs. Good or bad for RvR?

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
Well I personally won't buy Catacombs.. I really hope its not gonna affect RvR too much, otherwise that would be the end of daoc for me.

What j00z thingks?

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
well considereing we are haring so much about it already even b4 NF went live in the states i'd say it will have some impact :(

god knows if i'll still be around by then

Kainz

Fledgling Freddie
Doubt i'll be around for Cats, the way I saw the expansion, it was Mythic's way of re-addressing the stale old dungeons of our classic worlds while introducing more bits and bobs. It looks to be another SI sort of expansion, as for RvR I dunno.

I'm already strongly considering leaving when NF hits us. This game is just a caster game now, even moreso with nf. Sod that, only returned a month ago too lol :drink:

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
They said it is more a classic expansion like Shrouded Isles was. So i think they implent some nice Items. Instant Dungeons ofc. One new class each Realm. And new Char Models. Shrouded Isles had no Impact on RvR. There is a good Chance that Catacombs doesnt have it. :D

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:
They said it is more a classic expansion like Shrouded Isles was. So i think they implent some nice Items. Instant Dungeons ofc. One new class each Realm. And new Char Models. Shrouded Isles had no Impact on RvR. There is a good Chance that Catacombs doesnt have it. :D

It gave rvr:ers new itams!! and you dont get new look on charas without catacombs?

Marczje

Fledgling Freddie
The day it comes out will probably be the day i stop playing :x

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:
Shrouded Isles had no Impact on RvR. There is a good Chance that Catacombs doesnt have it. :D

so true, 3 svg grps didnt have any impact at all
not even animists had!

elbeek

Part of the furniture
I smile when I see all the " fuck it I'm off when x, y and z are here" posts.

Are these the same guys that said " fuck it I'm off" when patch 1.49 was implemented?!

It is far too early to tell what, if any, impact Catas will have on RvR, the same goes for NF ( thank you lord for the Yank beta testers!).

Give it time before any harsh decisions are made imo.

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
elbeek said:
I smile when I see all the " fuck it I'm off when x, y and z are here" posts.

Are these the same guys that said " fuck it I'm off" when patch 1.49 was implemented?!

It is far too early to tell what, if any, impact Catas will have on RvR, the same goes for NF ( thank you lord for the Yank beta testers!).

Give it time before any harsh decisions are made imo.

yep, it's reason enough to buy it for the new female elf look! :D

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
so true, 3 svg grps didnt have any impact at all
not even animists had!

I don't mean new Classes. Iam talking about stuff like gay Toa Ml's and Artifacts. Something you need to PvE for days/weeks.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
cougar said:
It gave rvr:ers new itams!! and you dont get new look on charas without catacombs?

Yea because realistic tits are needed for RvR :wub:

Wiro

Fledgling Freddie
cougar said:
..and you dont get new look on charas without catacombs?

Really hope you don't get these ghey faces if you don't buy it, because they're teh ugly :mad:
Other then that, if Catacombs is really like SI there should be no impact on rvr at all, unless these new classes are seriously overpowered or summint :twak:

Ah well.. by the time Catacombs hits Europe it'll prolly be 2 years from now when nobody can even remember what that silly thing called daoc was :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
no way of telling, though they said you dont need toa to survive in RVR which is utter crap.

to the whiners that say they will quit at patch/expansion xxx just quit now if you hate the game that much.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
cougar said:
Mythic said anything regarding cata impact on rvr?
Whatever they say will be wrong anyway. Remember the old "TOA will ahve no effect on RvR" BS? :p

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
Danya said:
Whatever they say will be wrong anyway. Remember the old "TOA will ahve no effect on RvR" BS? :p

ye ofcourse..but i mean if they say it might give small impact on rvr.. then we probably will get machineguns etc in catacombs.

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
Raven said:
to the whiners that say they will quit at patch/expansion xxx just quit now if you hate the game that much.

Retard.
I don't hate the game now at all.. I bought Toa, and tho i havent been able to play much for aaages, my hero is almost ToA'd. But fuck Mythic if they think i'm paying for another expansion just for Jewelcrafting and a few new items (with some pretty models of course). If this means I can't compete with the best EQ'd people in RvR any more that have bought Catas, then yea I don't see the point to carrying on.

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
cougar said:
ye ofcourse..but i mean if they say it might give small impact on rvr.. then we probably will get machineguns etc in catacombs.

Animists new pet will be Runihara (spammable of course).

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Novamir said:
Retard.
I don't hate the game now at all.. I bought Toa, and tho i havent been able to play much for aaages, my hero is almost ToA'd. But fuck Mythic if they think i'm paying for another expansion just for Jewelcrafting and a few new items (with some pretty models of course). If this means I can't compete with the best EQ'd people in RvR any more that have bought Catas, then yea I don't see the point to carrying on.

no need to call people retards, whats wrong, your mummy not give you your sweeties today?

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
*gives nova a sweetie*

ofc you'll need it to compete and no doubt it will have over powered classes so ppl will reroll and toa them and pay to play for another 6 months

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom