Catacombs bah!!!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Brite said:
Put some effort into your charecter and put some effort into making a nice group, so if you dont have the classes to make a good group ? stop playing necros then ffs?

I think I might have accepted the necro comment from just about any class other than a fricking BD!

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Hawkwind said:
I think I might have accepted the necro comment from just about any class other than a fricking BD!

Bonedancers can often get away with being average or less players, I won't deny it but Brite for all he's a complaining, wind-up merchant is actually a good player also :)

Just threaten him with Korvarn, he falls straight into line :D

One of the things that bonedancers have to their advantage is that most people don't yet realise how to kill them, even after all this time :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Just threaten him with Korvarn, he falls straight into line

korvarns in italy atm working :clap:

bastard is in 36 degree heat while it rains here at home :(

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
problem with boneys is that the insta life tap interupts. SO vs say even a pet caster they win because unless you got moc you cant drop enough damage onto the boney ive only managed it once with awarkle and thats because he didnt realise i had 5 bombers in the air before he spotted me and life tapped the last hit meant he took about 2k damage in the face ;)

But other than that its hard to drop boneys if your a caster and probbly harder if your a tank. I would say best bet against boneys is aoe dot the commander healers and the bd then dd the crap out of the boney :)

anywho generally i find that 7 other friends help me with boneys i think they got a bum rap from being so anoying in thid :D

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
[TB] Benedictine said:
Secondary healing in Alb? Whats wrong with simply boosting the friar? Albs don't need another class - and if you check what so many people in Alb have been complaining about in the past - too many classes - you can see why.

if i see the friar love then would also like to see the warden hit with the bat of luv instead of the nerf bat

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
Untill they address the distribution of utility Albion will always be 2nd best, on Prydwen albion have no relics and no keeps (as of last night)

Wasnt it something like 4 classes from hib, 5 mid, and 7 from alb that are needed to fill the requirements of a RvR group.
lol 5 mid would that be the 5 savages set on /assist

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Im sry..i noticed the mincer crying about others being overpowered and i only half read the other threads :touch: sounded like the usual whine ;)

Gotta luv that...a rr 2L7 mincer crying...mwahahha..weeeeeeeeeep me boy weeeeeeeeeeep :flame:

/Dracus

Solarius

Fledgling Freddie
There's a popular misconception that Alb is underpowered, and I have to say it's just that - a misconception! Albs have some of the best classes, and yes some classes are lacking, but thats true for all the realms. Clerics, boring to play but one of the best buffing classes there is (Spec AF, heal buff), Paladins may not outdamage a mercenary, but they're one of the most durable fighters, and so on.

Sure, there's some classes in the other realms that are well over par, such as the healer, but just remember Instamez/Instastun may be pretty uber abilities, but they're on long timers (10 mins for each), sorcerer has bolt range mez with no timer, thats gotta be worth something! If socerers were given instamez and their root made instant also, with identical timers to the other realms, would that make the Albs happy? Personally I think no, the ones moaning about instamez and instastun would then complain that their "primary mezzer" is in cloth, cant heal others ect ect... it's turned into a culture in some cases!

As for friars, compare them with wardens. Heal-wise, wardens get group heal, friars get cure poison/disease and HoT. As for other goddies, wardens get damadd, casterspeed, physical resists and bub, but lets be honest, warden melee sucks big time. Friars may have less utility, packing just elemental resists, but they have better damage than a warden. The bigest problem they face is their heals are worse than a cleric, their melee is worse than a mercenary, but thats problems faced by all hybrids, regardless of realm. Is a warden grouped for damage add? or bub, in this world of assist trains/bodyguarded nukers? No, the only real value a warden brings is physical resists, primarily for reducing mez durations. It's simply seen that Friars resists are "surplus to requirements" - and then they moan about how much damage casters deal :eek7:

IMO (and this is just my opinion) a decent alb setup would be:

Sorcerer (main CC, demez)
Minstral (Speed, backup CC, demez)
Paladin (bodyguard for the sorc, end)
Enhance/Rej Cleric (Main buffs, physical resists, second heal)
Rejuv/Smite Cleric (Main heal, base buffs, interrupt)
Friar (Elemental resists, backup heal, interrupt)
DPS (either melee or magic, depending on preference)
DPS (as above)

This would work very well, from what I've seen. Ofc you'd need to be tooled up properly (clerics/(friar?) with 20%+ buffing and good Heal effectiveness, sorc plenty +spell speed/range/damage%, Paladin ML'd to battlemaster 8, ect), but that goes for all realms!

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Herjulf said:
Also giving mid + hib more classes to balance class count on above as base will make midgard and hib also have more classes and may balance things in ways you do not know.

This will only apply if the new classes are built from abilities stripped from existing ones i.e. for a caster class strip some abilities from the RM and SM to make the new class.

Only this way will the same dilution of abilities as exists in Albion be achieved.

If the idea is to 'add' new classes whilst not nerfing existing ones, then the class balance will just get worse, unless Albion classes, especially casters, receive extra tools for utility.

Coren

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
friars secondary rising stat was dex ? or is that wrong.

Oh god I wish....

Friars get pie con str, in that order, raising as they level. Staff skill is 100% dex based, and the community had to do a lot of testing/pleading to convince Mythic themselves that it wasn't based off str in the early days of daoc. Eventually friars were given a self dex/qui buff to 'compensate' for this, and to severely limit their effectiveness with/against bots...but that's another story.

I should point out, as no-one else has, that the friar rejuv line was given some love a few patches back in the form of a group heal-over-time spell - potentially handy as you can cast it, then get into combat as it ticks away. From what I hear the value isn't fantastic, but I've yet to respec so I'll see then. It shows some sort of willingness to boost the secondary healers on the part of mythic anyway.

Despite the lack of good friar artifacts, friars did reasonably well out of TOA as well, getting a choice of two of the strongest ML paths, BM and perfecter. People certainly seem more willing to group me these days now I have BG and grapple, and the bonus of resists, and once my template is finished (damn you MT3+Chisisi) I'll be speccing something like 29s 34r 48e in an attempt to be a bit more group friendly and try the HoT.

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
Coren said:
Oh god I wish....

Friars get pie con str, in that order, raising as they level. Staff skill is 100% dex based, and the community had to do a lot of testing/pleading to convince Mythic themselves that it wasn't based off str in the early days of daoc. Eventually friars were given a self dex/qui buff to 'compensate' for this, and to severely limit their effectiveness with/against bots...but that's another story.

I should point out, as no-one else has, that the friar rejuv line was given some love a few patches back in the form of a group heal-over-time spell - potentially handy as you can cast it, then get into combat as it ticks away. From what I hear the value isn't fantastic, but I've yet to respec so I'll see then. It shows some sort of willingness to boost the secondary healers on the part of mythic anyway.

Despite the lack of good friar artifacts, friars did reasonably well out of TOA as well, getting a choice of two of the strongest ML paths, BM and perfecter. People certainly seem more willing to group me these days now I have BG and grapple, and the bonus of resists, and once my template is finished (damn you MT3+Chisisi) I'll be speccing something like 29s 34r 48e in an attempt to be a bit more group friendly and try the HoT.

Last time i looked the Dex/Qui buff wasn't even as good as clerics, and unlike Champions and Thanes who only have 1 magic line to spec (4 in total, magic, weapon, shield-not LW champs & perry) get self buff that are as good as conc buff. There weapon damage stat also increase with leveling. There Buff is also compensating for there Dex never rasing making it even less affective. Now add the fact that Friers are expected to be buffed up to put them level with other unbuffed classes. These classes can themselves get buffs making them even more effective while the frier can only add a few extra buffs (Str/Con ,Damage add etc).

Both Friers and Wardens would probably benifit from gaining 2 SPs per level, enableming them to have better option.

Frairtuk

Fledgling Freddie
Baldor's got it right imo, giving us 2SPs a lvl will put us up there with the best, our heals are not great, we do less dmg then light/main tanks and 50% of our buffs are self-only.

And with 1.5sp's our choice's are limited into mostly combat or mostly healing (healing as most people rightly say SUCKS on friars due to lack of instas and spreads) but thats beside the point.

over all we need more skill points and more ale! :drink:

Tuk

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
OK, then I'll have 2 spec points per level for my Skald then, please.

Only fair.

Coren

Fledgling Freddie
Balbor said:
Last time i looked the Dex/Qui buff wasn't even as good as clerics

With 13% TOA bonus my dex/qui buff caps, so the only benefit I get from a cleric dex is not having to recast and ability to be sheared :rolleyes:. It's still only half a solution though, for the other reasons you mentioned.

I don't think 2 spec pts would really work, it would give battlefriars a huge boost, and give rejv friars, er, a medium level 44 heal & HoT. Friars spec points have also been increased from 1 - 1.5x in the past so its probably not going to happen again. The rejuv line just needs to be made more useful, and thus attractive to spec in. I imagine this goes for other realms secondary healers too.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Last time i looked the Dex/Qui buff wasn't even as good as clerics, and unlike Champions and Thanes who only have 1 magic line to spec (4 in total, magic, weapon, shield-not LW champs & perry)

but friars arent "proper" hybrids, like thanes and champions are?

Afuldan

Fledgling Freddie
Responding to the peeps on the first page, so it may be a bit belated...

"QQ n00bz get skillz"

YEah i wish i had the talent to zerg like that. I dunno bout the Euro servers, but people on hib/lance boycotted RvR after a screenshot came out with 1 group hibbies getting rolled by about 200 albs. You don't need race balancing, or more people, all you need is to send out a solo caster, and have the scenario go as follows:

"Hey, it's a solo avalonian! YUMMY!"

"Uh what's he holding?"

"looks like some sort of....can...."

<POP> <phizzz>

(80 Alb tanks/casters and 16 infs ML10 RR5+ with all artifacts pop out of nowhere)

<PWNT>

Zerg-in-a-can wins at life.

In my honest opinion, it's about time albs got what they've been giving so long. I hope you guys enjoy the feeling, and i hope it lasts a loooong time.

Afuldan

Fledgling Freddie
Behmoth said:
if i see the friar love then would also like to see the warden hit with the bat of luv instead of the nerf bat

I love you.

ALso, roll a bolt caster. they 2 shot BD's, it's funny.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
[TB] Benedictine said:
I can't belive no-one has commented on my suggestion - not a :flame: or :kissit: to be seen :D

well im not sure what to think, on one hand it could be cool, but on the other hand.... what if friar is solo? lets say fighting a thane:

Thane A hits Friar B for 200 damage
Friar B hits Thane A for 220 damage
Friar B is healed for 200 damage

which would be like giving friars godmode 1vs1 :p

Coren

Fledgling Freddie
I think a better solution would be to give secondary healers some more novel healing spells, rather than making them just a cleric-lite. For a start its more interesting, and it gives them something to bring to a group that a main healer cannot. This is why I think the HoTs were a step in the right direction. Your idea...maybe, would have to not affect the friar though as Ormorof said, by the same principle as VR will not affect the friar in NF and HoTs tick a fewer number of times on the friar than the rest of the group. Every time you add some funky combat-useable heal you risk making the melee far too powerful.

tedStar

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
well im not sure what to think, on one hand it could be cool, but on the other hand.... what if friar is solo? lets say fighting a thane:

Thane A hits Friar B for 200 damage
Friar B hits Thane A for 220 damage
Friar B is healed for 200 damage

which would be like giving friars godmode 1vs1 :p

lol same situation, diff char - BD vs Friar

Friar hits for Bonedancer 400
Bonedancer lifetaps for 560
Both heal for 400
Fight continues for 15 minutes
Bonedancer runs out of power
Friar wins.

booooring :twak:

Belomar

Part of the furniture
tedStar said:
Bonedancer lifetaps for 560
Whining about BDs is certainly FotM, but please be a little more accurate--the 47 supp insta LT delves for 123d, which means that the cap is not even close to 560 damage, not even with full crit (369 damage cap). Not even with ToA bonuses will you get 560 damage (406 with +10% ToA damage, 461 with MoM5 added on top). Now show me the BD who hits real targets for cap damage--impossible unless you have a debuffer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom