catacomb questions

Funkybunny

Banned
how do you start the insta-dungeon thingys? and where can you find em? are there lvl range on entrances like in WoW? and where can you see the easiest way to move around in the main dungeons?

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Funkybunny said:
how do you start the insta-dungeon thingys?
You Either:
a. Go into them (and fight in there for xp and catacombseals) or
b. Talk to a taskmaster (and fight in there to finish a specific task the taskmaster gave you)

Funkybunny said:
and where can you find em?
Everywhere!.. in all the old dungeons there are at least 2 entrances to instanced parts and in the mainland openzones thre are also entrances to these dungeons.

Funkybunny said:
are there lvl range on entrances like in WoW?
Yes... mobs will scale to your level but only to a certain degree.

Funkybunny said:
and where can you see the easiest way to move around in the main dungeons?
I have no idea I just logged in ran around and found them really .. but I'm sure there is maps and websites and stuff.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Funkybunny said:
are there lvl range on entrances like in WoW?

they have level ranges that the monsters will spawn at...

e.g. Snyblems lair the lower level instance in the Roman Aqueducts will range from "4 level 10s" to "4 level 18s"

It will try and adjust to your level but if you go in solo at level 11 you'll still get it at "4 level 10s", if you go in at level 35 it'll be at its highest level of "4 level 18s" and quite probably all grey.

The instance task dungeons are different - they have a different taskmaster depending on your level range (every 10 levels has a different one), and it adjusts itself to your level when you go in (so I guess you could say the Task Dungeon near sauvage is level 40-50 but it's measured on a soloer rather than a half-group, not sure if it'll scale up if you duo there at level 50 though)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
About these dungeons, does it mean that nobody else can come in while i am in my own instance, so if a friend wants to join me we have to start again or is there a command to make your instance public?

this would be a great way to exp in peace on camlann :)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
It depends on the type. If you are in a quest instance, only the people who were originally in your group wil have the same quest and so will be in the same instance as you. If you invite someone later they won't be able to enter. In the 'walkin' instances you can invite people after the instance has been started and they can join you.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Raven said:
this would be a great way to exp in peace on camlann :)

there's only one copy of an instance on pvp - so if you start up Snyblems Lair anyone else zoning in goes into _your_ instance

not sure if it affects the mob levels (would have to be a fixed level for the instance, else wander in with 50 and jump the dungeon up 8 levels ;))

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
just look for Wooden doors...there are 2 in mithraz....and a crack in wall at entrance wich leads u to abandon mine...wich takes u to all classic dungeon and inconnu city

if u enter a dungeon like mithraz in classic zone...i think AC has 1 that leads to Sidi and ogre dungeon to

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom