Cataclysm

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
Who's buying it?

havn't played for atleast 6 months here, the graphical/music/world changes sound too hard to resist tho :E

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i will be, reactivating when its installed :)

Worgens wooooooooooooooooo

will be playing on Emerald Dream :)

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
play daoc instead of this shit at all game :>

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The zone overhaul is great, doing the quests on my pally for the achievements. I plan on rolling something new come the expansion proper as the zones have proper stories to them now and it would be nice to experience them at the levels intended.

If you haven't done the booty bay/pirates quest line yet do it! great fun.

I am really enjoying the new pally holy talents, only done a quick guild ICC25 run and was pretty much carried by the raid team, I quit the game/raid team after clearing Ulduar so my gear isn't great but I think it will be much more fun than mashing 2 or 3 buttons.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
The zone overhaul is great, doing the quests on my pally for the achievements. I plan on rolling something new come the expansion proper as the zones have proper stories to them now and it would be nice to experience them at the levels intended.

If you haven't done the booty bay/pirates quest line yet do it! great fun.

I am really enjoying the new pally holy talents, only done a quick guild ICC25 run and was pretty much carried by the raid team, I quit the game/raid team after clearing Ulduar so my gear isn't great but I think it will be much more fun than mashing 2 or 3 buttons.

acually can't wait to play again now, gonna wait till the expansion so i can roll something new/new race!

gonna be awesooooooooooooome

Turamber

Part of the furniture
What's the idea behind the expansion pack? Is it a reboot of the game and of the levelling/epic hunting grind? Or will the hardcore peeps who played the previous expansion packs to death still have a big advantage?

Syri

FH is my second home
What's the idea behind the expansion pack? Is it a reboot of the game and of the levelling/epic hunting grind? Or will the hardcore peeps who played the previous expansion packs to death still have a big advantage?

It's kind of a reboot, though more like bringing the old content up to scratch with the rest. Basically the newer expansions have been doing more story based quests, and had a better flow to the zones. They've now gone through the entire old world and re-worked it all. Lots of quests got wiped out and replaced with all new quest chains, and they've put in allowance for all the new features they've added, like support for flying mounts (the original world had big gaps you couldn't actually get to, and lots of poor textures for places that were only seen from above when you were on a flightpath).
The levelling has been made a lot smoother now, wouldn't say it's any easier or harder than it used to be, but with all the changes, it's a lot more refreshing to level an alt, as the places you'd done to death before are totally different now.

I'll be around for cataclysm, will be on Terenas, on one of my many characters. Got a really good guild over there.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Every expansion is a gear reset really. Everyone gets a chance to start again in the gear race, in saying that it is really easy to get decent gear anyway with tokens.

It is much more casual friendly now but there is also loads to do if you play it a lot. The PvP is still terrible though.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Good to know, thanks. I've only put my toe back in it from time to time but its good to know what is happening.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I plan on rolling something new come the expansion proper as the zones have proper stories to them now and it would be nice to experience them at the levels intended.

Actually, only the first 2 zones seems to have an actual story.

after that its mostly like it always has been, some quests are vaguely connected to each other, but on the whole they have quite little to do with each other, especially after they kick you over to a new quest hub in a zone...

that said, almost all quests have been rewritten, so its still fairly "new and shiny".

the best zone i've found was the new desolace, there you have a central quest hub that deals with almost the entire zone, with only a few quests out of the way.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Reactivated my account today and so far i'm having an amazing time i've rolled Alliance first time in 6 years of playing WoW on and off that i've touched Alliance and it feels like a brand new game.

Love the changes they have made to the talent system and love how the quests are now which seems a lot of fun in the way they are written.

Also i like how you rarely need to bother with addons now as they have built in many of the addons into the game.

So we have already preordered digitally and are ready to go come Tuesday.

It's nice to see the old zones redone and i think Blizzard have it spot on with the expansion pack.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
here's hoping they remake outlands for next expansion.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Btw what class are people going with their new Race?

I honestly can't decide with Worg but Druid/Warlock are what i'm leaning too.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Blood elf warrior because I am emo.

Actually because I don't like other horde races.

Syri

FH is my second home
I'll be making a druid for my worgen. I've not got a druid at the moment, mainly as the night elf starting area is such a pain. I've already got most of the other classes you can have as a worgen, though some are low levels, so I might re-create a couple if I find there's any real benefit to doing so.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
worgen dr00d :)

i always liked druids (played Tauren Druid in beta) but guild went for Alliance and i never really liked Night Elves (all my chars are Gnomes so far except my Dwarf Hunter) so finally a cool race that suits Druids :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Btw what class are people going with their new Race?

I honestly can't decide with Worg but Druid/Warlock are what i'm leaning too.

i'm not touching any of those races.

i've made my troll druid and that's it.

Aada

Part of the furniture
just that its not.

i mean, a werewolf druid?

True when you think about it, it doesn't quite go with the class heh.

Quite enjoying my Dwarf Shaman atm so will let the shit die down then give it a whirl maybe.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I'm still not sure whether to get this tomorrow or not, help me out guys!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
It does with the retconned lore about how the Worgen were created in the first place.

that still doesn't make it a natural choise for the druid class..

created or not its still a fucking werewolf...

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
that still doesn't make it a natural choise for the druid class..

created or not its still a fucking werewolf...

A werewolf created through druidic magic. Seems like a fairly natural choice for them to expand on druidism if ya ask me.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I'm still not sure whether to get this tomorrow or not, help me out guys!

You either want the game or you don't considering your thinking about it and asking other people to convince it says it all.

Simples!

Ormorof

FH is my second home
maybe "suit" was the wrong word... a race i want to play, for a class that i want to play o_O

Aada

Part of the furniture
played part way through Worg area and loved it so far brilliant area.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
muchos jealous, i pick my copy up after work woop woop (in less than 2 hours now :D )

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
went and got my copy + 60 days playtime in my lunch break, gonna make my goblin hunter later tonight XD

anyone playing horde anywhere?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
worgen starter zone is very enjoyable, flows extremely well compared to the old zones, barely noticed that i managed to get to level 10 hehe, hope it keeps flowing like this all the way to the top ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom