Casual Gamers: What do you think of ToA?

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
After seeing ToA's effect in rvr i am not renewing... and goa's ways of handling subscriptions :puke:

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
like in said in a thread before that they should have waited with ToA until later....it destroyd the game as i thought it would do!!!!

Hope Mythic is happy now when they loose players

Azmath/Delarith

Fledgling Freddie
as 90% of post here have said toa has spoiled this onces great game. i love this game i h8t toa as somone else said.
if we want to sit for hours/days/weeks/months/years on end doing pve to lv artifacs and doing mls ppl whould make matter cabbys, and sit at tangerlers in lynos i think so far there must be at lest 50 ppl left game. a lot of old school super ppl have left jsut sick of the crap that has happened in game. i can say one thing that mithic have done and that is got !!!!!!GREEDY!!!!!!! they made this addon not to help us out or make game better tbh its probs not finished its to keep its players paying for longer thats all its in a way a cheap nasty way to get us to keep playing

on box sould say in small writing

if u dont know a lv 50 matter cabby to pl u to 50 fast then have a uber guild to give u cash for sced iteams and help u thorw Mls dont buy game thanx :) :flame:

Casualgamer

Fledgling Freddie
Really, for the last time, you don't have to get MLs. You don't have to get artifacts.

My main is ML1, RR4 and has no artifacts. Tonight I had a fun evening of RvR, in which the deciding factor in nearly all the fights was simply weight of numbers. I have no doubt that MLs and artifacts will eventually make a difference but you can still RvR. If the only RvR you do is in fotm groups 8v8, then yes, you will need your artifacts and MLs to compete with your equivalents on the other side. But the majority of people don't play like that. Most are just average joes who are happy to run around in groups with their friends. These people (like me) were getting ganked anyway by the fotm groups. I won't notice if I get ganked in 3 seconds instead of 4 because those groups are now ML'd and wearing nothing but artifacts.

Lots of people like ToA. I'm not a big fan, but I like RvR. But if others are enjoying themselves collecting their new levels, then the best of luck to them. It's just a game, after all. If you're a player who really hates PvE, hates farming scrolls and artifacts, hates having to do the MLs etc, then here's a radical suggestion : don't do them. Get back out in the frontier, stop worrying about the stats other people have, and have some fun doing what you do like to do. But stop complaining about doing something you're choosing to do.

Yaemon

Fledgling Freddie
For me ToA is just an obstacle, something you have to go through to be able to rvr properly again. I think the game will be fun again, with frotiers etc but now it just sucks.. especially if you hate pve and dont want to spend all day farming and doing ml's.

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Yaemon said:
For me ToA is just an obstacle, something you have to go through to be able to rvr properly again. I think the game will be fun again, with frotiers etc but now it just sucks.. especially if you hate pve and dont want to spend all day farming and doing ml's.

Well, as the previous poster said, don't do it. Noone is forcing you to do it. Noone is holding a gun to your head ffs.

If you truly believe that you can't compete without Ml's/Artifacts, and you are unhappy PvE'ing, then don't whine but go elsewhere.

The server could use a bit of culling imo ;)

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
they should have relesed frontiers before relesed ToA in my opinion...and u are looking at nr 51 to leave game here if u know 50 ppl alrdy left :p

Hargh

Fledgling Freddie
I'm finding I log on, mill about for a bit log off and watch TV. This summer I will be outside drinking not sat indoors playing computers.

Kelio

Fledgling Freddie
Hargh said:
I'm finding I log on, mill about for a bit log off and watch TV. This summer I will be outside drinking not sat indoors playing computers.

WORD UP!!! :cheers: same here

Shneddi

Fledgling Freddie
i thing toa sucks donkey balls.
only cause i deleted my 50's..so tring to exp to 50 is hard again f all grp's. half the time i cant even play the game cos of this.
if i had a 50 id find it fun... at least i could play the game then

Yaemon

Fledgling Freddie
Skilgannon said:
Well, as the previous poster said, don't do it. Noone is forcing you to do it. Noone is holding a gun to your head ffs.

If you truly believe that you can't compete without Ml's/Artifacts, and you are unhappy PvE'ing, then don't whine but go elsewhere.

The server could use a bit of culling imo ;)

Offcourse I don't have to do it.. but I do because I have lots and lots of days and hours invested in my chars. Like I said.. ToA is just an obstacle and I dont believe that it will bring anything good to the game. But I try to endure a month or two untill I have my ml's and artifacts because I believe that the game will be better post ToA. My post was simply an answer to the question asked by the authour of this thread.

And yes I believe that ml's and artifacts will be necessary if you want to compete in rvr.. solo or in fg.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Yaemon said:
Offcourse I don't have to do it.. but I do because I have lots and lots of days and hours invested in my chars. Like I said.. ToA is just an obstacle and I dont believe that it will bring anything good to the game. But I try to endure a month or two untill I have my ml's and artifacts because I believe that the game will be better post ToA. My post was simply an answer to the question asked by the authour of this thread.

And yes I believe that ml's and artifacts will be necessary if you want to compete in rvr.. solo or in fg.

it brings a lot to us people who enjoy interesting PvE and also more variety to RvR with all the new abilities.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Sycho said:
After seeing ToA's effect in rvr i am not renewing... and goa's ways of handling subscriptions :puke:

mind telling what especially you aim at with that statement about toa?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Casualgamer said:
Really, for the last time, you don't have to get MLs. You don't have to get artifacts.

My main is ML1, RR4 and has no artifacts. Tonight I had a fun evening of RvR, in which the deciding factor in nearly all the fights was simply weight of numbers. I have no doubt that MLs and artifacts will eventually make a difference but you can still RvR. If the only RvR you do is in fotm groups 8v8, then yes, you will need your artifacts and MLs to compete with your equivalents on the other side. But the majority of people don't play like that. Most are just average joes who are happy to run around in groups with their friends. These people (like me) were getting ganked anyway by the fotm groups. I won't notice if I get ganked in 3 seconds instead of 4 because those groups are now ML'd and wearing nothing but artifacts.

Lots of people like ToA. I'm not a big fan, but I like RvR. But if others are enjoying themselves collecting their new levels, then the best of luck to them. It's just a game, after all. If you're a player who really hates PvE, hates farming scrolls and artifacts, hates having to do the MLs etc, then here's a radical suggestion : don't do them. Get back out in the frontier, stop worrying about the stats other people have, and have some fun doing what you do like to do. But stop complaining about doing something you're choosing to do.

wait until the gankaronimakaroniguildgroups have found their way to RVR once again with ML10 and 3-4 lvl10artifacts mate... can honestly tell you that casual players will need maybe more than 4fgs to take down 1fg fully kitted in toagear. Add rr5+ to 10% bonuses to most stuff they already have and you suddenly have ubergroups running about. Sad but true. Take the simple artifact Bracer of Zo'Arkat, 25% chanse to fumble or miscast, 2-4 ppl in enemygroup use that and you are toast. Thats only one artifact :/

Mythic wanted to close in the gaps between casual and power.. imho, they failed miserably and made it the other way around, only strong guilds with devoted members will come out stronger from TOA.

Yaemon

Fledgling Freddie
yaruar said:
it brings a lot to us people who enjoy interesting PvE and also more variety to RvR with all the new abilities.

Yes offcourse the pve lovers are happy, but for people who dislike pve ToA is merely an obstacle.. something you have to get through to be able to rvr again. If I were mythic I would have made a pve expansion that didn't have so much impact on rvr thus making everyone happy etc etc... enough whine now ;)

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
Take the simple artifact Bracer of Zo'Arkat, 25% chanse to fumble or miscast, 2-4 ppl in enemygroup use that and you are toast. Thats only one artifact :/
you forgot to mention that it's a magic user only artifact, this ability is lvl 10 and not even aoe but targeted with 15 minutes reuse timer. doesn't sound too different from my Merc's Dirty Tricks tbh (appart from it's reuse timer) ... soo ... hmm ... /shrug ?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Chrystina said:
you forgot to mention that it's a magic user only artifact, this ability is lvl 10 and not even aoe but targeted with 15 minutes reuse timer. doesn't sound too different from my Merc's Dirty Tricks tbh (appart from it's reuse timer) ... soo ... hmm ... /shrug ?

hum hum..

Artifact is for healers and those trained in the focus of power.
Classes that can use: WIZ, THEU, CAB, SORC, NECR, CLER, FRI, ELD, ENCH, MENT, ANI, DRU, WARD, BARD, RM, SM, BD, HEAL, SHA

wooa.. was quite many to find in a grp wasnt it? :)

and...

Bedazzled: Target suffers from a magic bedazzlement that may cause him/her to fumble melee attacks, miscast magic spells or both.
Chance to miscast: 25%
Chance to fumble: 25%
Target: Targetted
Duration: 30 sec
Casting time: instant
Radius: 700
Damage: Body
This spell is cast when the item is used
Can use item every 15 min

ooh.. radius 700... that aint singletarget is it? :) use 2 of this bracerabilitys and you have a pretty large advantage over another group in one fight no? And so what if its lvl10? :eek: People will get it there for sure.

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
The answer to the original question posted here on this thread is ......drumroll.......YES.
Casual players will be left far behind. Its another step between casual and the more dedicated players.
Step 1. Realm rank
Step 2. Buffbots
Step 3. SC'd Armour/weapons
Step 4. ML's
Step 5. Artifacts
So..... casual players are at least 5 steps behind the dedicated players.

p.s. I listed these in the order of their arrival in DAOC. NOT in their order of importance. Personally I feel Realm rank is a good thing. A player should be rewarded for perseverance in RvR. As for the other 4.......I think DAOC would be a better place without them.
As for buffbots ...... why bother? Mythic should just come up with a scheme whereby the more you pay them a month the more HP/END/INT/PIETY/CHARISMA/EMPATHY/DEX/QUICKNESS and run speed that your toons are given. And if you pay for uber leet diamond suscription your toon no matter what it is will be entitled to all abillities as well.

Last bit was sarcasim btw. NOT a sugestion to Mythic.
Oh dear God what have I done?

emma

Loyal Freddie
Couldn`t say myself. yet to experience ToA without lag.

Hargh

Fledgling Freddie
Damon_D said:
I do ???

How do you know ??? Its not like your a friend of mine or anything ...

Everyone knows you hate everything. You have a chip on each shoulder.

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
damon counts as a casual player??? :p

Well as I can only play at " prime time " 2 days a week I would say so, but tbh I only been online like less than an hour the last 2 week's so......

And Hargh only reason I'm a bit grumpy now and then, is because I cant reach those chips on my shoulders and munch em down :p Too large biceps can do that to you ;)

Talifer

Fledgling Freddie
I love the idea of artifacts, it's a fantastic way to allow everyone the chance to own something uber, unlike Sidi items where your chances of getting the nice looking sword are slim. Everyone can get the item, the nice graphics etc, but only those prepared to level it will get all it's abilities, so people have to chose which items to invest time in. At the moment I have a selection of artifacts that look nice, but I've not set out to level them in any way, I like collecting things :) The real gripe I have about artifacts is the camping, I hate Dark Age of Campalot. There is no need for the rediculous spawn times of artifact encounters, everyone should be able to get the artifacts fairly easily, you still need the scrolls and you still need to level the thing if you want to use it fully. When TOA first came out here it was fantastic, I went out with a reasonably solid group, between 5-7 people most of the time, and we explored all over, while most people frantically went through the ML encounters. We didn't know what we were looking at most of the time, but everything was there waiting for us, nothing was camped. This is how TOA should be ALL the time, for those first few weeks you could put a group together and set out to achieve a goal knowing you'd at least get a shot at it, we put a group together and went to have a go at the mist of shades artifact, we formed a group we travelled to the encounter and we had a go, great fun and an artifact at the end. Now the honeymoon period has passed and everyday this dream game goes down hill, as more and more people learn where the uber artifacts are and the best farming spots become inaccesible to the majority. At the start I could say 'Anyone want to have a go getting Bruiser?' and people would quickly form and we'd be off to have some fun, now it's changed, noone wants to form a group so they can sit at a camp spot for 6 hours waiting for a mob to spawn that they may or may not be able to kill, that may or may not drop an artifact that they then get a 1 in 8 chance to win. There's no 'fun' in that, give me a game where everything is up for everyone all the time, I don't mind if some things are hard and it takes 10 attempts over the course of 2 weeks as long as I get a go, as long as I'm actively doing something even if it's failing, don't make 8+ people sit on their arses for 6 hours just to get the chance to do something. Artifacts were a great idea to introduce uber items for everyone that did not destroy the economy or allow heavy twinking, but Mythic screwed up when they made camping a prerequisite.

Talifer

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Agree with Talifer, the respawn timers on most artifacts are ridiculous. Would not hurt the game one single bit if they seriously reduced these timers. Happy gamers log on more than unhappy gamers and there is plenty to do even if you dont have to spend days and days to try for a single artifact.

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Agree, its just stupid that they have so long spawn times. Artifact should always drop from the mob too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom