Casting questions

C

CliffyG

I should know this by now but havent had much experience with casters.

Focus, exactly what does it do?

If i was a lvl 20 wiz with full fire and + 5 from items and i was casting on the same mob as a lvl 19 wiz with full fire and +4 in items would i consistently out damage the lower level. If not would my ceiling for dmg be higher than the other one, e.g my highest would be too high for the other wiz?

Is there anything else that can increase the dmg output?

A

ashitaka

The more focus of a type you have, the less mana you will spend casting a spell of that type.. get it? With 50 Firefocus, Firespells will not take as much mana to cast as if you had 0 Firefocus. I think. :)

A

Armalite

Example:
You are lvl 20. You have a fireball spell witch are lvl 18 and a flame strike spell that are lvl20. You also have a lighting bolt witch is lvl 17, with falls under lighting spec, not fire like the first two.

You have a mighty wizard staff with +19 focus to you fire spec.

Now, each spell have a power cost. If you have focus in the spec line the spell is under, the power cost will be 100%. If you are casting a spell witch you dont have focus in, the power cost will be 120%. If you have focus more than the spell's lvl, the power cost will be 90%.

Example:

Your fireball spell will cost 90% of the base power cost of the spell.

Your flame strike spell will cost 100% of normal power cost of the spell.

Your lightning bolt spell will cost 120% of normal power cost of the spell.

If you don't get it by now, buy a staff with +2focus in all the specs and relax with a beer.

M

mavericky

Thanks Armalite, that has been bugging me for ages too, great explanation
:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom