Casting damage

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Anyone happen to know the formula for this? Am trying to figure it out but coming up with weird results at the moment :(

Needing it with acuity, speclevel, DDdelve value at the moment. The rest with MoM etc is pretty easy to figure out. Is something for the organiser I thought I'd add. Have only come up with websites which work it out for you so far, no luck finding an actual formula :(

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Nevermind, think I've got it now. For those interested:

dmgpernuke = ((DDvalue*0.345) + (((DDvalue/100)*0.485)* acuity) + ((DDvalue/100)*speclevel))*temp;

temp being MoM value in form of 1.10 or so.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Nevermind, think I've got it now. For those interested:

dmgpernuke = ((DDvalue*0.345) + (((DDvalue/100)*0.485)* acuity) + ((DDvalue/100)*speclevel))*temp;

temp being MoM value in form of 1.10 or so.

that doesnt make any sence to me at all Oo

for instance i have 50 mana 20+18 light, dd base dmg is 197 got 101/101 int, + aug int 3 + mom5 + max magic damage + max pierce is how much dmg?:p

kirennia

Part of the furniture
The overall formula :

dmgpernuke = ((((DDvalue * 0.345) + (((DDvalue / 100) * 0.485) * acuity) + ((DDvalue / 100) * speclevel)) * temp)*(1 + (toadamage / 100F)))*relicimp

Pretty sure I could get rid of some of the brackets but I'm keeping them for the time being to stop any unpredictable behaviour ;) Guessing your acuity/dex, this is what it should work out for you :

Bear in mind, this might not be 100%, if anyone knows a better formula however, feel free to let me know :)

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe I am reading it wrong but with 338 acu and 197 delve, 341 damage per nuke on 26% resists with 10% pierce looks really low. I usually land around 550 with my sm on that kind of targets.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Maybe I am reading it wrong but with 338 acu and 197 delve, 341 damage per nuke on 26% resists with 10% pierce looks really low. I usually land around 550 with my sm on that kind of targets.

It's an average nuke with only 38 in total +skill too. Just bumped it upto 71 which a RR10 would have and I've got to admit, that does still seem pretty low, even for an average.

In fact, working it out by hand, it should give approx 507. Gonna have to rejig the formula a bit. Well I guess the casting page is just a place holder for the time being then ;)

WiiWii

Loyal Freddie
have u calculated for resist pierce?
I couldnt find it in the formula

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Right, I found the problem with it. When typing in 197DD value, I got 341 as an average hit on a target with no resists. change that to 200DD and it comes out at 598 average hit with a target on no resists.

Basically this is down to the program rounding the number down, quite significantly during the calculation, thus screwing it up :(

I guess that's why it's still a beta ;) Ta for pointing it out

As for resist piercing, the values on the left are on a target with 0% resists. The ones on the right are with resists. As for piercing, it can't take a target below 0% resists can it? If it can, I'm wrong. It if can't, it should show up in the right side of the results.

Edit: Fixed it already, all it was, was a case of adding an 'F' in the formula meaning the number I was dividing by would be used as a floating point number (I.e. it can result in decimal places). Bloody programming! ;)

kirennia

Part of the furniture

Fixed!

Note the current assumption is that you're rr10 with +11skill in template, 10%toa damage, 10%piercing, mom5! Thus why it's so close to cap on a target with no resists.

Glad to see it's close to your prediction now Grawen, was a lil worried I'd have to retype the whole thing again, hehe.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
that's still not completely correct, according to your calculator my body sorc nuke cap (209 Delve) should be 670 with mom3 and 8% toa dmg.. I logged in and checked and it was 722..

kirennia

Part of the furniture
that's still not completely correct, according to your calculator my body sorc nuke cap (209 Delve) should be 670 with mom3 and 8% toa dmg.. I logged in and checked and it was 722..

Just double checked it and I had the cast cap being 3*delve with whatever toa damage was added on. Hadn't added mom. Cheers for the heads up.

When the extra 7% is counted on, the calc comes up as 717.85...not sure where the last few points are lost but I'll keep looking around.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Ignore the comment above...it didn't work after testing it with my chars.

Spent around 2 hours trying to figure out what was wrong with the formula then noticed I'd missed one of the 'F' symbols as described earlier. What a wally...it was just doing strange things with toa damage instead.

Tested it on my sorc, wiz and mincer and works fine now ;)

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Woo

I´m pjseedd i CANT undersafwhat ge hell ypubRE ON AABOUT. MmahHhH nughbboosz3 qaaaa i´cnt seee..... fucik,...... REEEEE.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Ignore the comment above...it didn't work after testing it with my chars.

Spent around 2 hours trying to figure out what was wrong with the formula then noticed I'd missed one of the 'F' symbols as described earlier. What a wally...it was just doing strange things with toa damage instead.

Tested it on my sorc, wiz and mincer and works fine now ;)

The answer = A pelican crossing a thworted sunset over a beach...

C

Carss

could be intresting to see the results of what combination of damage ras and dex gets the most damage as i dont think ive seen many tests on the comination.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
could be intresting to see the results of what combination of damage ras and dex gets the most damage as i dont think ive seen many tests on the comination.
I have no idea on the overall forumula for casting damage, but effect of dex and int on dps is roughly known and easy to get a crude idea with ur on tests (even if peeps argue about exact spot when you hit castspeed cap). MoM and WP both do exactly what it sez on RA calcs...

It's not too hard to stick everything into excal and plugging in numbers to check what's the best bangs for ur buck. afaik there's already a table someplace for best dps combo of aug int/mom/wp for any given amount of rps, although the mong who made it didn't bother including dex.

Think generally mom >> wp >> aug int >> aug dex, mom and wp are pretty close tho and best to take them both up together and leave the other two a lvl or so behind, for pure dps anyhow.

C

Carss

I have no idea on the overall forumula for casting damage, but effect of dex and int on dps is roughly known and easy to get a crude idea with ur on tests (even if peeps argue about exact spot when you hit castspeed cap). MoM and WP both do exactly what it sez on RA calcs...

It's not too hard to stick everything into excal and plugging in numbers to check what's the best bangs for ur buck. afaik there's already a table someplace for best dps combo of aug int/mom/wp for any given amount of rps, although the mong who made it didn't bother including dex.

Think generally mom >> wp >> aug int >> aug dex, mom and wp are pretty close tho and best to take them both up together and leave the other two a lvl or so behind, for pure dps anyhow.

tbh on any class i wouldnt go lower than dex3 and as a celt id be dex4 for sure

i have the amount of dex that i will acceptably play with and then damage is configured seperatly, thats the way i see it, but just said it would be intresting to see the damage rated with dex.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Just worked it out. The thing with dex is that the higher you've got, the more likely small latency issues are going to negate your gains anyway. And also, hitting closer and closer to cap, or using a quicker spell will do that also.

These percentages (give or take a tiny bit) are what it'd all do in a perfect world:

int1 0.8
int2 2.5
int3 4.64
int4 7.2
int5 10.1

wp1 0.9
wp2 2.7
wp3 5.1
wp4 8.1
wp5 11.7

mom1 2
mom2 4
mom3 7
mom4 11
mom5 15

dex1 1
dex2 3.35
dex3 6.3
dex4 10.14
dex5 14.93

I'd still be unsure about whether I'd take the extra dex if all I was going for was damage though purely down to the issues discussed above. I guess the plus side of it would be that faster casting might allow you to get in that final nuke before a tank interupts you or so ;)

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Just worked it out. The thing with dex is that the higher you've got, the more likely small latency issues are going to negate your gains anyway. And also, hitting closer and closer to cap, or using a quicker spell will do that also.

These percentages (give or take a tiny bit) are what it'd all do in a perfect world:

int1 0.8
int2 2.5
int3 4.64
int4 7.2
int5 10.1

wp1 0.9
wp2 2.7
wp3 5.1
wp4 8.1
wp5 11.7

mom1 2
mom2 4
mom3 7
mom4 11
mom5 15

dex1 1
dex2 3.35
dex3 6.3
dex4 10.14
dex5 14.93

I'd still be unsure about whether I'd take the extra dex if all I was going for was damage though purely down to the issues discussed above. I guess the plus side of it would be that faster casting might allow you to get in that final nuke before a tank interupts you or so ;)

Wont spellqueue negate the issue with lost castspeed due to latency? And how accurate are those numbers? I mean on how many nukes are the dex numbers calculated? If I nuke a debuffed target, I land 2 maybe 3 nukes before he is dead, how many times do I need to nuke 1 target to get a 15% dps increase from dex5?

ripperbil

Fledgling Freddie
cap is delve*3 +.5% per skill point+ bonuses, gives exact value within 2 points.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
cap is delve*3 +.5% per skill point+ bonuses, gives exact value within 2 points.

Don't think skill points have anything to do with it bud.

325DD delve pbaoe with mom1 comes out at 994damage cap in game.

999/1.02 to take away mom and you're left with 974.5

That's almost exactly the 975 3*delve gives on its own. Otherwise I'd be adding another 30.5 onto it which would push it way over.

Just tested a mincer DD as well without mom and it came out right with a simple 3*delve as well.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Wont spellqueue negate the issue with lost castspeed due to latency? And how accurate are those numbers? I mean on how many nukes are the dex numbers calculated? If I nuke a debuffed target, I land 2 maybe 3 nukes before he is dead, how many times do I need to nuke 1 target to get a 15% dps increase from dex5?

Ignore the dex from there, sorry, I didn't do enough testing on it. Results are coming up skewy atm, gonna have to revise them a bit :(

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Cast speed formula is kinda annoying to work out. I can't get the exact values here. Some people might want to find out about what to use to cap casting speed and this should help to get there, I don't want it to be wrong.

speedofnuke = = delvespeed*(1-((dex-70)/600))* (1 - (toaspeed / 100))

That's what I'm using at the moment. Some people argue 60,65 and 70. That's the number at which dex starts to make your spells actually faster then the delve.

Then the number after is argued to be 600, 650 or 700, used to work out exactly how much extra speed each point of dex will gain you. I'm pretty sure that last bit is 600 though. The higher the number, the more dex you would need. These include +10%casting speed:
60 and 600 = 394dex to cap
65 and 600 = 399dex to cap
70 and 600 = 404dex to cap

60 and 650 = 422dex to cap
65 and 650 = over 450 which i capped my program to.

I basically think it's going to be one of the first lot, I just don't know which one it is :(

Could do a manual test with 60,65 then 70dex on a slow spell but that's prone to errors too :(

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
The effect of dex on dps looks way too high there in that table. It's a loong time since I last bothered with this stuff but I iirc it is *something like* 1% decrease in cast time per 6 dex.

hf getting into the dex calc cast speed caps etc issue :) one of those ideological things peeps love to argue about without anyone putting forward any conclusive data.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The overall formula :

dmgpernuke = ((((DDvalue * 0.345) + (((DDvalue / 100) * 0.485) * acuity) + ((DDvalue / 100) * speclevel)) * temp)*(1 + (toadamage / 100F)))*relicimp

Pretty sure I could get rid of some of the brackets but I'm keeping them for the time being to stop any unpredictable behaviour ;) Guessing your acuity/dex, this is what it should work out for you :

Bear in mind, this might not be 100%, if anyone knows a better formula however, feel free to let me know :)

The "average damage done in 15s": kinda pointless stat isn't it ? You're assuming your target is what, mezzed, AFK..? When do casters get 15s of uninterrupted ZOMG ?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
when they position themselves correctly or when they are fighting albs :p

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
The "average damage done in 15s": kinda pointless stat isn't it ? You're assuming your target is what, mezzed, AFK..? When do casters get 15s of uninterrupted ZOMG ?

You dont have to nuke for 15 straight seconds without getting interrupted to nuke for 15 seconds. The interesting thing is, how many seconds do you actually spend nuking in a fight, I can be free for 5 secs at start, the reposition, nuke for another 5 seconds, reposition again and then nuke for 5 more secs, there you have 15 seconds of nuking, and in that time I would do, with those stats, 5600 damage or whatever it says in the screenshot. Then I can use it to up int and lower dex etc to see what gives me the best damage over 15 secs. So if anything, 15 secs is way to low, but its not very hard to recalculate for 1 minute etc.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Cast speed formula is kinda annoying to work out. I can't get the exact values here. Some people might want to find out about what to use to cap casting speed and this should help to get there, I don't want it to be wrong.

speedofnuke = = delvespeed*(1-((dex-70)/600))* (1 - (toaspeed / 100))

That's what I'm using at the moment. Some people argue 60,65 and 70. That's the number at which dex starts to make your spells actually faster then the delve.

Then the number after is argued to be 600, 650 or 700, used to work out exactly how much extra speed each point of dex will gain you. I'm pretty sure that last bit is 600 though. The higher the number, the more dex you would need. These include +10%casting speed:
60 and 600 = 394dex to cap
65 and 600 = 399dex to cap
70 and 600 = 404dex to cap

60 and 650 = 422dex to cap
65 and 650 = over 450 which i capped my program to.

I basically think it's going to be one of the first lot, I just don't know which one it is :(

Could do a manual test with 60,65 then 70dex on a slow spell but that's prone to errors too :(

The obvious thing to go for is 60 and 600. 60 is the average stat that everyone starts with. So a freshly created celt/briton will cast at the delve speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom