Casters of all realms, what staff do you use?

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
I admit it right of the bat, I like to use stuff that looks nice. My question is what staff do you use these days? Artifacts? What kind? Champion staff? Any other?

I have always gone for Traldor's Oracle on all my caster because its fairly easy to get and still have some very nice things - the question now is if its good enough to stay with or if I should switch to the champion staffs? (I want too but I dont think its such a good idea) :)

So what do you use and why and what would you do in my situation?

Happy easter everyone! :drink:

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
Champion staff.. cheaper repair.. v. nice stats (atleast for sorc)

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
champ weapon got better stats/cheaper repair than any artifact afaik!

Vulcan

Fledgling Freddie
Tartos Gift..

Unless they change the size/look/graphic of champ staff altho you can make a kickass temp its impractical for rvr perposes imo.

Reason being any caster using a Champ Staff running with either SI or TOA client casters champ staffs stick out like a huge banner. I dont have to look for a fire wizzie or other range caster the feckin huge staff makes them stick out like sore thumbs. Great for picking out for NS on me Eld :)

Bad design from mythic about time they fixed it. as DR isnt the most stable of clients

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Champ staff on all caster toons, 12 minute MCL2 (15m on tarts), better stats than 99% of other staves and it doesnt cost a bomb to repair.

Not using it because of how it looks.....priceless ;)

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Use TG on my Theurgist for RvR but for PvE I use the champ staff for the faster power refresh timer (and of course cheaper repairs). Wouldn't use Traldor's even if it had better stats as I think it looks hideous.
Eventually I will probably redo my template to just use the Champ staff as I lose some stats when I don't use TG at the moment.

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
depends on template my temp works best with tarts so i stick with tarts use champ for pve

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Tartaros, looks better and I tested both in when doing templates and dident loose anything by using it, so I went with the staff i think looks good.

Axtanax

Fledgling Freddie
the cw is the best both in stats and also in the ability(12 min mcl2)

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
I use stuff depending on what it looks like only and care not for stats etc!! Erm...well maybe thats a fib :)

Actually I use whatever fits into my template best - atm Traldors but switching to CL staff for next template.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Axtanax said:
the cw is the best both in stats and also in the ability(12 min mcl2)

tartar also have MCl2.

When I tested the CL staff I just overcapped in some stats, so I lost much of the benefit from haveing it instead of Tartar, is probably a way to avoide, but it wasent really that much better and I dident loose anything really by useing Tartar as I said earlier.

Also even if that aint the most important thing, but the Eldritch CL staff looks crap tbh comparing to Tartar.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Champ Level staff on Sorc, Wiz, Cabby and Theurg - even though I agree some of them a rather large :)

The faster mcl2 timer is nice and the cast speed + damage on it meant I could redo template on Sorc to lose CS as I didn't need the cast speed from it (since the aura doesn't stack with speed and drives me crazy).

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
tart atm, champ staff 'real soon now' shame cabby staff is hideous but :/

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
champ staff cause i can get 10% casting speed easy without using CSC and it is way cheaper to repair.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
Yep but Tart charge is 15 min reuse Champ is 12

Good I guess, still wouldent change staff because of that tbh..and it's Ugleh =P statwise it dosent matter though, got everything I need capped neways.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
using tartaros atm, but remaking my caster templates to use champ staff... easier to get more powerpool with it.

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
in template i use tartaros, but i sometimes use champ staff for teh roleplay. shame the RM one got this "HITMEPLEASE" bubble on it :twak:

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Tartaros because its easier to fit into uber template than CW

managed 45% pwr pool with RM on Tartaros. add a couple of extra percent with cl5

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Chimaira said:
Tartaros because its easier to fit into uber template than CW

managed 45% pwr pool with RM on Tartaros. add a couple of extra percent with cl5

I seriosly doubt you have solid resists/needed artis with that temp then, since it is pretty much impossible to squeese in that PP with solid stats overall. :)

Feel free to show temp tho to prove me wrong :p

Champstaff > all other staffs in the game so ofc I use that on RVRtoons. Shorter MCLtimer, better stats overall.

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
I use the Bainshee champ staff.

would be rude not to, at the end of the day, they KNOW your a bainshee :p

atm i use tarts for the 1% more spell damage !

that and i cba to change template :(

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Tartaro's Gift, no question about it for me... but it depends what caster class you are and what you're suppose to do with it.

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Champ because of the dex and int caps. That way you can get rid of crappy UV items like soot boots etc and replace them with higher UV stuff that can fill out your stats/resists.
Tarts gives you 1% more damage... that's about 6 damage per nuke for me... not worth it. Rather take the better casting speed and the resists I can fit in now.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Currently use Tarts, but thinking of re-Sc'ing theurg again and using the champ weapon.. just depends if I can be arsed. Only reason to do so is the fact that the charge up more often and on a therug you more power the better as dont take long to get through it if doing job right. (without using pots/tarts/JS that is )

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Re: the power pool. Using champ staff, best been able to do I'm happy with is 37% - PP over 40% and key resists and other stuff start to suffer. Would be interested in any template with higher, but think something will be furbarred.

There's a template doing the rounds with +40% PP but uses ML10 legs and resists aren't that solid iirc.

Deffo will use champ staff for eldie, still thinking about post-dr temp for ment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom