Casters and Qui

Whispers

Fledgling Freddie
Lo M8s,

one thing I havent testet yet is Casters and qui.
Some say that quickness on casters alters the interruption timer. To explain this:

As a caster if u get hit your spell is interruptet and if u try to start casting again u get a server msg "You are not able to cast a spell for another 3 seconds" or something.
Now, some say if a caster got more qui this timer is lowered. :eek6:

Does anyone here got confirmed test results about this issue? :confused:
Would safe me from testing it myself. :worthy:

So long, have fun

Whisp

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Don't have any test results, but I believe it *used* to, but was changed so now it makes no difference.

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
well it doesnt seem to differ from when im unbuffed or buffed, its always 3 seconds afaik....

on a side note i hate the interupt timer ! you get shot, wait a week try to cast a spell and so and so is still apparently attacking you and you are interupted, its like wtf that was last week ! it should be 3 seconds from the second you was hit....stupid code.

i havent had my coffee yet and i felt like a rant :p

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
avalonians "feel" a bit different to other casters imo, so who knows. i've heard the delay (speed) of your staff affected the interrupt timer too, if true then i guess qui could have an effect also.

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
It is, afaik, down to weapon swing speed when you're hit in melee, and never had anything to do with quickness I believe. When a spell is cast on you I'm not quite sure what determines your interrupt timer though (as insta cast spells interrupt just as long as slow casted spells) - it's possibly a universal timer when it comes to spells?

Anyways, I'm pretty sure quickness never had anything to do with the interrupt timer, and quite very sure it doesn't now at least.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Pretty sure you can't do nothing at all to lower interupt timer stats wise. Just one thing you can do, and thats timing your spells after interupt. Say eg:

Mid cast dd on Alb
Alb get 3.. 2.. 1.. sec interupt. If he trys to cast his dd before the 3 sec has gone past, he get 3 sec more interupt, without the mid having casted anything new.
If Alb is smart, he waits exactly 3 sec (or 3.1 to be on the safe side) and then cast, and he avoids the extra 3 sec interupt that you get if you SPAM your spell while in the first 3 sec interupt.

Dood

Fledgling Freddie
in early description of game design, quick was gonna be casting speed for caster, but then they changed it to dex so now quick is not needed at all in any way..

unless u gonna melee in RvR with a slow caster staff .. but then u got bigger problems believe me..

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Someone told me this once, but I doubted them and I tested it well with my eld, my conclusion was that Qui made no difference or none that could be detected.

If the timer shows no difference from unbuffed 60 odd quick to fully spec buffed with a couple of +qui items then I really doubt theres any truth in it.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Wazkyr said:
Pretty sure you can't do nothing at all to lower interupt timer stats wise. Just one thing you can do, and thats timing your spells after interupt. Say eg:

Mid cast dd on Alb
Alb get 3.. 2.. 1.. sec interupt. If he trys to cast his dd before the 3 sec has gone past, he get 3 sec more interupt, without the mid having casted anything new.
If Alb is smart, he waits exactly 3 sec (or 3.1 to be on the safe side) and then cast, and he avoids the extra 3 sec interupt that you get if you SPAM your spell while in the first 3 sec interupt.

Or you just turn spell queue off and don't have to wait the extra 3 seconds and can just spam your buttons ftw!
Because the other +3 secs interrupt is comming from the spell you have in queue.

Digi

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
Or you just turn spell queue off and don't have to wait the extra 3 seconds and can just spam your buttons ftw!
Because the other +3 secs interrupt is comming from the spell you have in queue.

Stop Giveing caster tips there to manny as it is :)

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

The people who say it does are basing it on the assumption that interrupt duration is based on swing speed, which would mean a fast wep should produce a FAR more noticable effect than extra quickness. I've tried comparing the interrupt duration with my spell duration hammer out (can't remember speed, 3.x iirc) and there was no noticable difference, though it's hard to test accurately ofc. I'll try sometime with a crafted 2.2 speed hammer vs the slowest staff I can find.

hathor

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:

explain how you do this <yup noob question>

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
evzy said:
Whats wrong with that?

youll be swinging too slowly to make the most out of your slow staff, more qui would help your dps :)

pez

Can't get enough of FH
no way you want the slow staff and no +quick

melee casters are all about the frontload

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
pez said:
no way you want the slow staff and no +quick

melee casters are all about the frontload

As far as most normal casters go, then yep you may as well just forget it, your frontload will be capped and thats all you want.

I wouldnt consider them melee casters though, and they wont be getting the most out of their staff if they remain in melee for any number of rounds. Not that many casters do go melee, but there are a few...

Whispers

Fledgling Freddie
ok now did a throughout testing on my cabby

result:

It does not matter at all.

even thouggh 250 qui lowers your swing time it does nothing to spells and casting interruption, I testet various weapons like staffs skimitars rapiers with various weapon speeds from 3.1 to 5.4

The interruption timer stays the same. So all it is about to be carefull that u have no spell in que when u get interruptet since u then get another 3 sec delay interruptet or not.

Unless u do not lpan to staff your opponent down with CL styles doing 15 dmg a swing rougly qui is completely unimportant for nowadays caster templates.

So long see u online

Whisp

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom