Advice Cashbee.com

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
I just received a cheque from cashbee????? for £63.75p... now this dont make sense??? now I got no idea what the other £54.16p cheque was for... anyway, running to the bank now!!!

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
I just received a cheque from cashbee????? for £63.75p... now this dont make sense??? now I got no idea what the other £54.16p cheque was for... anyway, running to the bank now!!!

you have got a piece of paper with that yea ? or a photocopy etc of the cheque itself ?

are you sure they arent trying to fuck you over by overpaying you then complaining your nicking the money and try to nobble you for it ?

they seem incompetant but they could also just be scrotes out to make a quick 50 quid, so i would be very careful, cash it by all means but dont spend it, yet :p

Amphrax

Part of the furniture

I just worked out what the £54.16p was for... as my car got written off I claimed on road tax and thats what that was for.

Gray

FH is my second home
Ah looks like i've been having my own issues with these websites! Been dealing with that CeX-Sell at the beginning of the month, made 3 seperate orders. One order for my Nokia N95, one order for 2 other mobile phones and then my final order being for an old Apple iPod + about 15-20 DVDs.

All in all it came to a nice lumpsum of around £100.

So i do it at different times at the beginning of the month, but each delivery is recieved on the CeX website and it "processing" by at least the 12th March. A few days later i relise to myself, "shit, hang on - did i even provide them with my paypal account information? Not once did i get asked for it during the order process". So i email them immediately, i get an auto-response, but then nothing.

Now they're not responding to my emails (Not spamming them, sending them maybe once a week). It was weird how when i emailed asking questions to them about what items i could sell, they responded almost immediately within a day or two.

Gray

FH is my second home
Ah. Got a response from them today, conning fuckers.

Two of the orders seem to be okay (The iPod, DVDs) however my Nokia N95 which i looked after for 4 years (So marked it as a "Grade A") came back and said "sorry, this isn't grade A as the keypad is worn".

What, fucking, bullshit. The price went down from £70 to £30 and i know exactly what condition the phone was in. Basically on the phone itself you have the keys which are painted silver, each and every key is fine except for one small key in the top corner where the paint scuffed off from years of use. You can still see what the key is because only a small fraction of the paint come off.

£30 worth of damage though? Fuck that off with a stick. Scamming twats

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Call their bluff then and ask for it back, and send it somewhere else if you're sure it won't be downgraded elsewhere?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah, ask for it back. I used Masuma and sent them a scratched up Galaxy S. got £150 for it at the time

Gray

FH is my second home
I did respond to their email immediately saying to send it back, but they haven't responded to me.

Instead today they sent another email regarding my other order (I made 3 orders in total). This time they're saying that the phones i sent them (Nokia 6280 and Samsung 1080) are both damaged. The 6280 was in perfect condition, it didn't have box or accessories apart from the charger, but in accordance with what they're saying it was effectively a "Grade B". They come back and said "actually it has cosmetic damage, so it's worth less". There was no single scratch on that handset. They reduced the price minus £2, it wasn't a significant amount of course, but now i'm really fucked off with them. This isn't about the £2 this is now more about principle of the matter and they're clearly trying to scam the shit out of me.

The E1080 is even funnier (...) because it was brand new, literally. I bought it for my nephew but he ended up getting the same phone from his mum, so i thought screw that i'll get a bit of my money back. They're saying again it has "cosmetic damage". It frankly is hilarious. But it's not.

I've asked for a manager to email me, but frankly i uhm... Don't think that will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom