Advice Cashbee.com

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
At the beginning of last month i got rid of a fair few dvds and sent them to cashbee.com i was told i would get a cheque through within 2 weeks. Its now 1 month later and still no sign of the cheque.

I have sent customer service numerous emails and each 1 replying back... The cheque is being raised today and will be in the post tomorrow.

Theres no contact number to phone them.

Any ideas on what i should do?

Gray

FH is my second home
I was thinking of using them or Music Magpie if i recall a few months back, remember putting some DVDs up on Ebay which didnt sell, but those sites where only offering like 50p for disc, and some movies weren't even accepted for purchase for whatever reason...

Still want to do it though ;o

Tom

I am a FH squatter
No phone number on website = no business from me.

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
I did the whole 'dvd mass selling thing' a while back. Started off putting everything on musicmagpie, then moved on to http://uk.webuy.com/sell/ and took things off MMagpie if they were better priced on webuy, then finished off with http://www.webuydvds.co.uk/ and did the same thing. Took a few hours but I ended getting £35 more than I would have if I just used one site. All 3 paid up pretty quick with no issues.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yeah if they have no phone number, or address etc. they don't get my business. Normally the sign of someone very dodgy. A real, trustworthy company will normally have several methods of contact, and verifiable addresses.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
And would be registered at companies house

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
What sort of monies do you get averagely for a DVD in good condition from these sites? I have a box of about 300 gathering dust, never thought of selling them in bulk like this...

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
What sort of monies do you get averagely for a DVD in good condition from these sites? I have a box of about 300 gathering dust, never thought of selling them in bulk like this...

Well after my experience I wouldn't use Cashbee again. I did check CEX buy rate and it was pretty poor... 10p per DVD roughly.

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
I sold about 110 for around £80, as I said though I did set aside an afternoon to compare prices on various websites.

Gray

FH is my second home
Well seems like Music Magpie and the WeBuyDVDs are a bit crap compared to CeX, especially as with CeX you can also request prices for things which they don't offer you straight up. Still though, the prices aren't amazing, have about 30 DVDs i have listed which are all coming in at around 10-50p each.

I found these other "multipack" DVDs as well, they have no barcodes on them and "are not to be sold individually" (From several other DVDs) so i can't put them into CeX or MusicMagpie etc, but on Play.com it seems they have them. A for instance being Robocop. How would you get around this, or would they have to be sold on ebay or even maybe Play?

Nate

FH is my second home
I just used CEX recently sent about 20 items, received payment today. The communication was good with them, got an e-mail back the same day when I asked if they'd received it they told me they had and it was all awaiting testing.

However it's £4 down on what I was quoted, I'm asking about that now.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
The only reason I used these because I saw them on TV and thought 'ok if its on tv it must be ok to use'. I have spoken to trading standards and now drafted up a letter which will be sent via special delivery so that I have proof. We will see what happens.

These people should be caught and put in prison! and then bent over by big men with 15 inch... you get the picture :p

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
The only reason I used these because I saw them on TV and thought 'ok if its on tv it must be ok to use'. I have spoken to trading standards and now drafted up a letter which will be sent via special delivery so that I have proof. We will see what happens.

These people should be caught and put in prison! and then bent over by big men with 15 inch... you get the picture :p
No, I don't, please, continue.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

wtf is the guy to the left doing?

and why have they all got mohawks?

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
as you can see I have awesome drawing skills! :)

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

wtf is the guy to the left doing?

and why have they all got mohawks?

Well the guy on the left is running away :p

the 'mohawks' :) thats what I think they look like in prison :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
meh you should have just stuck them all on play and undercut any other seller :p they'll sell almost instantly guaranteed, I stuck a load on there awhile back (like litereally 30 dvds or so) and they were gone within 2 weeks.

opticle

Part of the furniture
This thread is full of different emotions for me.

However, not wanting to be stir, but their website looks fucking shit and I wouldn't have touched it with a bargepole :( Lot of useful info here: http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/cashbee-a-warning-1073774. Seems pretty ridiculous these people can get away with this kind of thing. It looks like if you contact them threatening to report them, they pay up.

..Can we have a picture involving a bargepole plz ?

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Update:

I sent cashbee an updated email saying that if I dont receive a cheque from you by the 21st Feb I would take further action. That day arrives and no cheque... so I then sent a letter via special delivery, recommended by Trading Standards with a reasonable date to send a cheque to me.

I am suppose to receive £64.50p. I had a cheque sent to me today for £54.16p... is it worth me going through the courts etc... just to get the missing money which is owed to me? Not entirely sure its worth it. But then again its the principle of the matter. I dont see why these 'w*******' should get away with it.

Is there anyway shape or form I could get these fraudsters buggered? I mean letting the police know etc.? not that they wouldn't know about this anyway.

What to do?

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Did they give you any reason for the lower cheque? Is there smallprint about damaged cases, missing inserts affecting payout etc?

To be honest, whilst I admire you wishing to make a stand, in your shoes I'd bank the cheque, and assuming it doesn't bounce, just putting it down to experience.

Life's too short.

At least what you've posted here should alert Freddys not to use Cashbee anyway.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Update:

I sent cashbee an updated email saying that if I dont receive a cheque from you by the 21st Feb I would take further action. That day arrives and no cheque... so I then sent a letter via special delivery, recommended by Trading Standards with a reasonable date to send a cheque to me.

I am suppose to receive £64.50p. I had a cheque sent to me today for £54.16p... is it worth me going through the courts etc... just to get the missing money which is owed to me? Not entirely sure its worth it. But then again its the principle of the matter. I dont see why these 'w*******' should get away with it.

Is there anyway shape or form I could get these fraudsters buggered? I mean letting the police know etc.? not that they wouldn't know about this anyway.

What to do?
Frankly, no. The costs involved in recovery will greatly outweigh the returns.

Pay the cheque in, wait the 7-10 days for it to clear certain (or whatever it may be now) then report them to trading standards anyway stating that they paid you less than the agreed amount and asking them to investigate and provide them with copies of the URL's with others complaining. Hopefully trading standards might well do their job and sort the fuckers out.

rynnor

Rockhound
Its quite clever to pay you a tenner less as small claims will cost you a minimum of a tenner so your unlikely to come after it.

Trading standards should be on them tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom