case`s whine of the day

C

case-rigantis

i`ll tell you why so many people Pl nowadays you try grouping between levels 1 and 30 in alb then come back here and i`m sure you`ll be able to tell me why..

i`m totally against powerlevelling yet last night after dieng for the 15th time in the most f*ckwit group you will ever see i nearly succumbed and went to barrows to Pl myself

ffs while we were dieing the 2 clerics in the group decided they`d like to run around a post...they did this not once but 3 seperate times.. a post !! i mean come on...

every now and again a tank would wander off and come back with a red con or 2...everyone would stand and watch him die..followed closely by me who was desperatly trying to mez the add and nuke the mob before we all died

if this was an isolated occurrence then np however the night before f*ckwit group no. 1 level 22 merc gets group together..7 people in group perfect ant room group...ant room taken :(
merc proceedes to whine about how shit his xp is and threatens to leave HIS group

this is why there is so much powerlevelling going on i`m soloing and guildgrouping my way to 50 from now on :rolleyes:

O

old.SadonTheGrey

I know exactly how you feel. It doesn't get better either, I was in a balanced FG of lvl 25 - 28 with my cleric killing groups of orgs in DF :/

My inf is still lvl 15, I'm avoiding kill tasks like the plague but I'm now having to resort to them.

I made a cabalist and he's currently lvl 16, levelling far faster than my group dependant inf and cleric.

L

lacroix

Originally posted by case-rigantis
i`ll tell you why so many people Pl nowadays you try grouping between levels 1 and 30 in alb then come back here and i`m sure you`ll be able to tell me why..

... this is why there is so much powerlevelling going on i`m soloing and guildgrouping my way to 50 from now on :rolleyes:

Totally know how you are feeling; been back from Hib/Exc for about 3-4 weeks now, rolled 3 alts in Alb again to find my "next" class ... and pretty much can mirror your experience .. :p

Having had some uber xping experience in Hib (i.e. having got used to pretty high standards on "efficient xping"), grouping in Alb under these circumstances so sux, so my response is the same as yours: grouping only with ppl I know (guild and other friends), soloing my necro and deffo pl every other alt I might want to roll :p

And as I know a lot of ppl feeling like this atm, expect to see even more guild groups, pl'ers, I guess .... ;)
Please also note that this seems most excessively the case in Alb, pl'ing being an issue in Hib to a far lesser extent (but also around there, ofc)

P

pudzy

I'm in the spotlight atm for whines m8 no chance this piece of crap will steal my title, try again!!! :p

H

huw

have to admit im finding alb very difficult at the moment

lvl 38 Minstrel (Mince)

usual story is

run to lyonesse try and find grp - no grps or "sorry m8 got a necro dont need a mincer" :eek:

ok fine

run to barrows - grps around 30-36 very few higher grps. If there is one the usual reply is "sorry m8 need more tanks".

ok sigh

finally ride to avalon in the vein hope that someone will be taht desperate for a minstrel that they'll resort to a lvl 38 - sit for half hour or so - no chance.

go solo for a while - make 2 bubs - die lose 3/4 bub - log.

G

Gimly

Is it me or do most people just stay with guild only groups?

I'm probabley as guilty as the next person for doing this but lets face it if this carries on who is going to show the lower levels the tricks of the trade?

Little point.. 3 nights ago in Barrows there were 5 people power leveling greys.. gee fun. To me that seems a shame as the people there could just group up and make one group.. would be much more fun, you would also learn more about your class.

There are alot of people now coming into the game and all they see is people power leveling alts/friends and now they are starting to expect this as it seems part of the norm. Problem is they also think that it is now their right to be power leveled :(

Why cant people just earn 50 the right way instead of the way of pling :(

So I guess what I am trying to say is maybe we are to blame for the lack of good groups that are now out there... somting to thing about.

G

Goryk

This is the reason so many infs have buff bots too... You can barely ever get a group, and when you do get in one, it tends to suck so much that it would be quicker to solo. I bought the bundle with SI originally and hadn't used the free month so I activated it and now have my own cleric to help levelling solo. It's a lot faster than waiting arund trying to group. I think my inf has had 2 groups from level 24 to level 39. One was just doing orange con clerks/paelaidhs until we got a cleric to do gobbos, which was poor xp, and the other time I actually got a gobbo group was half an hour before the netcafe I was at closed. The ironic thing is all the people who whine about buffbots, probably caused the assasins to have them in the first place by shunning them in groups...

E

eben

Originally posted by old.SadonTheGrey
My inf is still lvl 15, I'm avoiding kill tasks like the plague but I'm now having to resort to them.

Don't avoid kill tasks! Do them from Anniogel from level 11/12 until 19. As Anniogel is central to the Isle of Glass you can get to 20 in no time. My recent char got to 20 in 22 hours played soloing, including some lengthy afks.

G

Gabrial

Roll a necro - mine got to 22 is 20 hours, no kill tasks:)

N

-Nxs-

Case... lets get some guild groups together.. again try one or two nights a week - set a level range, eg 20-25 there are so many ... urm... strange... people around leveling at the moment is pretty hard, boring and deadly.

Ive got a L5,12,24 and 25 so must be able to fit in somewhere.

P

parisienscot

Originally posted by Gimly

I'm probabley as guilty as the next person for doing this but lets face it if this carries on who is going to show the lower levels the tricks of the trade?

Good point!! By grouping with low level peops I have now

- Taught a paladin how to use his heal song
- Explained to a cabalist that she should maybe stop speccing body if she wants aoe dots
- Saved a tri-spec wizard from gimpy spec hell
- Explained to tanks that the protect icon is not just pretty but actually does something
- Explained to other tanks which menu they'd find the protect icon in!!
- Explained to a theurgist who insisted on moving in close and hitting mobs with his staff after nuking a few times why he might be dying so much ;)
- Gave some advice to a cleric who was always oop coz he preferred using group heals only as it saved having to click on people (doh!)

Yes it can be frustrating being in very bad groups and dying a lot, but I tend to give some advice (without being bossy) in the hope of it turning into an OK / good group, and give them some time before I decide whether it's worth sticking around.

I hate people who storm off in a huff after they die once (without even saying goodbye!) and I suspect that these people are usually not n00bs but intolerant power gamers who only want to be in uber groups.

S

sieben_dapoet

Originally posted by parisienscot
Good point!! By grouping with low level peops I have now

- Taught a paladin how to use his heal song
- Explained to a cabalist that she should maybe stop speccing body if she wants aoe dots
- Saved a tri-spec wizard from gimpy spec hell
- Explained to tanks that the protect icon is not just pretty but actually does something
- Explained to other tanks which menu they'd find the protect icon in!!
- Explained to a theurgist who insisted on moving in close and hitting mobs with his staff after nuking a few times why he might be dying so much ;)
- Gave some advice to a cleric who was always oop coz he preferred using group heals only as it saved having to click on people (doh!)

Yes it can be frustrating being in very bad groups and dying a lot, but I tend to give some advice (without being bossy) in the hope of it turning into an OK / good group, and give them some time before I decide whether it's worth sticking around.

I hate people who storm off in a huff after they die once (without even saying goodbye!) and I suspect that these people are usually not n00bs but intolerant power gamers who only want to be in uber groups.

well said mate.. agree there are some stoopid people out there, but alot are simply new and need some help in how to play the game.

I have also noticed two types of people that annoy me in lower level groups. And you usually find its only one person in the group who's an arse:

The Kid --- > Run around pulling anything in sight, takes about 3 deaths before everyone suddely has to log :/

The Hardcore Gamers --- > Shouts and screams that "YOUR DOING IT WRONG", "YOU STOOPID NOOB", "LISTEN TO ME ITS SIMPLE YOU IDIOT", before having to suddenly log because his dinners ready {probably now gonna go shout at missus "YOU BURNT IT", "YOU TOOK TO LONG" ;)

N

-naetha-

Originally posted by Gimly

True, you can try. I find that people don't listen/don't want to listen/don't care/ignore you/insult you/tell you to go and die etc etc. It seems the general attitude atm is one of either: "I know what I'm doing who the hell are you to tell me what to do?" or just a vaguely blank nod where they've been too busy running around a post and having duels to bother listening.
There are people out there who are levelling for the first time, asking you for advice, listening to what you have to say and making well thought out contributions, but they are very very rare. :wall:

OK, moan over ;)

G

Generic Poster

Originally posted by case-rigantis

You're not alone, I've seen alot of madness in recent XP groups. Infact it's faster to solo, than joining groups :mad:

My theory is most of the younger Albs are from Excalibur... and you know how crap those guys are :p

O

old.Lianuchta

Re: Re: case`s whine of the day

Originally posted by Generic Poster

My theory is most of the younger Albs are from Excalibur... and you know how crap those guys are :p

Hehe I can vouch for that. Rolled a ickle Reaver on Alb/Excal, and as all my spells are very effective against undeads, I have started hanging out in Mithra a fair bit.

There I grouped with a Cleric and Armsman yesterday. First off the Cleric only want to do purple mobs as he couldn't get it in his tiny brain that chaining oranges and low reds is faster xp than going oop/ooe every fight. He then continues to smite these mobs till he's out of power. He then sits down to get more power, with me and the arms yelling at him to f***ing heal. He stands up again and yes another thunderstrike (resisted of course)... The arms dies, I die, the cleric dies. I disband and go and solo.

T

Turel Haven

Originally posted by -naetha-
True, you can try. I find that people don't listen/don't want to listen/don't care/ignore you/insult you/tell you to go and die etc etc. It seems the general attitude atm is one of either: "I know what I'm doing who the hell are you to tell me what to do?" or just a vaguely blank nod where they've been too busy running around a post and having duels to bother listening.
There are people out there who are levelling for the first time, asking you for advice, listening to what you have to say and making well thought out contributions, but they are very very rare. :wall:

OK, moan over ;)

Agreed :(

The general attitude of the "new-new generation" of Albs sucks. Of course, there are some genuinly nice people, but the frightening majority are just obnoxious little kids who will throw their dummy out of the pram at every oppertunity.

It seems the only way to get a decent XP group nowadays is with alts of oldies, or with your guild.

I shudder to think what may happen if they ever get high enough for RvR :uhoh:

P

parisienscot

Re: Re: case`s whine of the day

Originally posted by Generic Poster
You're not alone, I've seen alot of madness in recent XP groups. Infact it's faster to solo, than joining groups :mad:

Yes it's faster... but is it more fun? Why is everyone in such a rush these days?

Ok well if you're on your 5th character in the same realm it may be a bit boring going to same hunting places as before, but try getting groups to move to the SI zones - they are so under used it's a crying shame. All that effort in making interesting mobs and places to explore and people insist on going to the same boring places as before!

Don't get me wrong I love RVR, but if you only like RVR and nothing else and just see PVE as a chore to get to level 50 I think that's a shame.

H

hangianix

I think our treshold limen is going downward with every new char. What was funny and good memories now with our 1st high lvl char (I count every 24+), a little boring but was fine with our 2nd, is extremly annoying with the 3rd, 4th etc.

What really annoys people, the attitude of the random grp. I gave up after X tries, when I tried to suggest them something nicely, I got flames... In the couple of last months I had only once a decent grp with my alts (not was too efficient, but at least ppl were friendly and funny).

In other hand, I'm getting PMs from people who'd like to play with cleric (tho I always told them, better ask a reju :) ) and they were always polite and patient. Shame that I couldn't grp up with them...

M

maxgirth

Originally posted by Turel Haven
Agreed :(

The general attitude of the "new-new generation" of Albs sucks. Of course, there are some genuinly nice people, but the frightening majority are just obnoxious little kids who will throw their dummy out of the pram at every oppertunity.

It seems the only way to get a decent XP group nowadays is with alts of oldies, or with your guild.

I shudder to think what may happen if they ever get high enough for RvR :uhoh:

I`ve also noticed a rise in impatiency, regarding weapon orders from the lower range to,what part of i`ll pm you when it`s ready they don`t understand, is way beyond me, get`s on my fecking tits, constant sends from the impatient little fecks.

M

mince

Originally posted by maxgirth
I`ve also noticed a rise in impatiency, regarding weapon orders from the lower range to,what part of i`ll pm you when it`s ready they don`t understand, is way beyond me, get`s on my fecking tits, constant sends from the impatient little fecks.

gifv itamzzz plszz max!!!11one

T

Tenko

Must admit I try damn hard to solo until 20th level, just so that when i group theres a small chance they know their character type.

But I'm usually pretty patient when i do find a grp of real new players, I can remember how crap I was (or still am when pissed :))

What really gets on my fucking tits how ever are shit grps in Avalon.

Avalon for fucks sake! I mean I've met groups of 40+ where the cleric cant heal or they don't know how to control PBAoE or how to even stand in a grp so we dont pull random aggro!

ARRGGGH!!!! @#$%#@!!

These people must be either:
- mostly power leveled and dont know their class,
- People who have bought their account
- Joey Deacon

Dont get me wrong, the majority of groups I've had in Avalon have run like clockwork but when they don't I just have to go log and play my Minstrel with the level 12 kiddies, its less stressful :)

O

old.Natorum

Joey Deacon <lol>

Been a long time since I've heard anyone called a "Joey"

S

Sharma

When i was in mid my zerk had some help from the higher up and soloed from 1-30 really because most of the people below that are retards, nothing like pulling a red and watching the shaman run off, then someone else whines about how bad the xp and group disbands, when youve been in about 10 groups like that your give up :/

V

Validus

funnily enough most of the people who dont know their character were powerlvld by some account they bought or by the friend that told them to play daoc

Users who are viewing this thread