Car sickness :<

Gray

FH is my second home
It's well fucking weak.

Everytime i'm the passenger with any form of transport, be it cars, buses, trains (can't comment on planes and boats!) i always end up getting majorly car sick.

It's not a problem if i'm the one in control (driving) but fuck me it's a trip and half with how queezy and dizzy i get. Yesterday i had to take two taxi trips, one sober and after 20-30min i was starting to feel fuzzy, the the second where i was knackered, tipsy and close to puking there and then.

Soon as i got out i collected my head though and i think the fresh air helped, i used to be terrible for it when i was a kid where i would be sick. Now i can hold it somewhat to make sure i'm not, even if i do feel like ubershit.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Take ginger with you. You can get hard boiled ginger sweets or just take some ginger biscuits with you if it's going to be a long journey. Helps massively

Olgaline

FH is my second home
You need this
90923183.jpg

Aka Sea-Band
apparently it actually works!

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
sit in the front, if possible , and focus on the horizon rather than things nearby

and wear a cap or something to stop light flickering in your eyes if thats something that contributes to it

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
tried wanking to take your mind off this sick feeling ? thats a challenge wank :)

Nate

FH is my second home
yeah, wank off then apologise to your mum later when you get out of her car. I guess something along the lines of

"Well it's either that or sick."

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
tried wanking to take your mind off this sick feeling ? thats a challenge wank :)

reminds me of this joke

I was stuck in traffic yesterday and just kinda thought it would be funny to masturbate. It was sunny and clear out, so I was worried one of the other drivers would see me, but my jeep is pretty high off the ground, so I think no one noticed. I busted a nut and aimed it down, ruining my tweety bird floor mat. I felt kinda stupid after and my mom kept silent the rest of the drive home. It was awkward and I regret it.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I can't sit in the back of cars without feeling sick, and if I'm in the front then I can't read a map or anything without wanting to throw up. I usually do the driving

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
REading in a moving vehicle gets a lot of people sick, all to do with the brain looking at relatively still words and the background being in motion. Mixed signals and all that.

Sitting in front and focusing on things you'd focus on while driving would be the key.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Whats with the facepalms ?

* Edit
Never mind, I see they're from dumb and dumber, carry on.

opticle

Part of the furniture
Whats with the facepalms ?

* Edit
Never mind, I see they're from dumb and dumber, carry on.

Heh, to be fair I used to be given these as a kid. The borderline painful pressure on your wrists may well distract you from the nausea on a subconscious level.

I've always been lucky enough to be able to read as much as I like in moving vehicles unless the roads are mad or I'm hungover \o/

sayward

Resident Freddy
Do not look out of a side window. Always out of the front.

Nate

FH is my second home
I have some ideas that I've bullet pointed for you to make it concise so you can move forward with the speed of a walrus:

• Don't get in a vehicle that moves
  • Man up
  • Wank
  • Go on a coach journey and buy all the seats so you can take all the sick bags from behind them, then leave before the journey starts. Give the driver a tip and tell him how you enjoyed the time you spent together, however you have to leave. You will now have enough sick bags for a months travelling in moving vehicles. You can also do this with other modes of transport, a ferry, or airplane, some trains. You may find you aren't able to get off before the vehicle starts moving though, so it is high risk.
  • Remove your stomach
  • Grow a moustache
  • Man up

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Heh, to be fair I used to be given these as a kid.

Never tried them personally.
I have two friends who use then for their kids, they used to have clean up jobs after close to every trip.
They havent had issues since getting the straps. If it's a psychological thing or due to the distraction they cause, I wouldnt know. But at least they seem to work for them. - Kids 6 & 10

opticle

Part of the furniture
Never tried them personally.
I have two friends who use then for their kids, they used to have clean up jobs after close to every trip.
They havent had issues since getting the straps. If it's a psychological thing or due to the distraction they cause, I wouldnt know. But at least they seem to work for them. - Kids 6 & 10

Aye, its pseudoscience, but anecdotally I've heard good things, and I never puked :) .

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
This may sound strange, but I often use a similar tactic to this. I'd consider myself to have emetophobia so often if I get a bad stomach I panic and think I'm going to be sick, I get sweaty and shaky etc. However if I can take my mind off it by having a wank and actually finishing, I know I'm fine cause I've been able to distract myself; if I'm proper ill I can't manage it.

opticle

Part of the furniture
This may sound strange, but I often use a similar tactic to this. I'd consider myself to have emetophobia so often if I get a bad stomach I panic and think I'm going to be sick, I get sweaty and shaky etc. However if I can take my mind off it by having a wank and actually finishing, I know I'm fine cause I've been able to distract myself; if I'm proper ill I can't manage it.

I've started having this problem - the emetophobia - recently. I don't know why.

I think it has something to do with having had some very uncomfortable hungover experiences. Now whenever I'm at the hairdressers, or in some stressful situations (meetings, etc.) if I let that thought cross my mind (even if it's just "don't start that again this time") it sets up a ridiculous thought cycle that just leads to feeling horribly nauseas for a very long time. I have to do all sorts to get through having a haircut at the moment - I usually spend most of the time pinching mysef so hard that I cause bruises.

The brain is a ridiculous thing sometimes.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I've started having this problem - the emetophobia - recently. I don't know why.

I think it has something to do with having had some very uncomfortable hungover experiences. Now whenever I'm at the hairdressers, or in some stressful situations (meetings, etc.) if I let that thought cross my mind (even if it's just "don't start that again this time") it sets up a ridiculous thought cycle that just leads to feeling horribly nauseas for a very long time. I have to do all sorts to get through having a haircut at the moment - I usually spend most of the time pinching mysef so hard that I cause bruises.

The brain is a ridiculous thing sometimes.
I have the same problem dude, not with getting my hair cut mind, but if I've been in a situation where I've felt sick previously (usually more than once) I worry about it happening again, which then in turn causes me to feel shitty. Fuck the brain!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I have this problem a lot like feeling ill at work and feeling worse causes don't wanna puke there. And in cars and stuff too.. Got so bad at sages I couldn't leave the house without feeling sick and panicking about t.

Amongst other things stemetil works wonders blocking signals to your vomit centre .., yes it's really called that in your brain. Might be prescription only don't know

But I have apspergers so I'm fucked up anyway

Gray

FH is my second home
This might also explain the rise in bus wankers come to think of it.

Luckily i don't do many trips were i'm the passenger, might opt for ginger first as i have heard stuff about that.

I think i may have made on my recent trips the same mistake twice though regarding motion. In each of the taxi's i got in that night the windows were fully misted up, so i couldn't see out of them. Each time i wiped my window down. So, whoops.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
back in the day my 'rents had a car who's rear windows couldn't roll down (wtf btw) but could open on some kind of latch. 0 airflow, absolutely meaningless things I remember. I deposited tonnes of vomit in that car. Also, once on a cab ride through London (I think we were actually taking a cab to Heathrow) I couldn't hack it and literally BEGGED my parents to either make the cab stop or roll down a window. My mum said I just had to be brave: the windows didn't go down and the cab couldn't stop, so I vomited over her purse, shoes, and in my travel bag.

As to good advice: I have none other than good air flow. Preferably to the face. That worked for me.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
iirc cant you get those black straps that hang down that take the static or something out and isnt that meant to be helpful ?

really cant remember wtf they are but im sure im not imagining it :(

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
iirc cant you get those black straps that hang down that take the static or something out and isnt that meant to be helpful ?

really cant remember wtf they are but im sure im not imagining it :(
These?
a214.jpg

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I used to get travel sickness as a child.

I always found that it helped if I ate something while in the car, before I started feeling ill. Perhaps it distracted me or something.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
yes thems !
those are just anti static things ppl used to get shocks when they touched the cars and they put those strips on to supposedly ground the car so you didnt get shocked nothing to do with sickness afaik

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom