car cd player thing

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
anyone recommend me a decent car radio/cdplayer thing? I know nothing of things hifi and less of things car related.

• pro:
  • not too expensive
  • can play mp3 preferably

nice:
  • usbstick connex / SD card slot

no:
  • high priced uber car stereo thing
  • external amp

advices pleases!

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
?

my mate has one and its pretty good. can accept SD cards too.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Any that are not JVC?

I had bad experience with them once and have refused to buy another of their products ever again...

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Ive got a JVC car audio player that you can plug your ipod into, very nice it is, cost about £150 fitted from Halfords, but you can get em cheaper online if you fit it yourself.
I get these vouchers from work though that you can spend at Halfords, so it suited me to do it that way.

This one here innit.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Right, I've had a few car stereos in my time, so a bit of advice.....

The brand you want is Kenwood. Best build quality, best features, best sound. Have had Kenwood stereos for 10 years and not one has broken. There's a link to one below with everything you're looking for, not bad for ~160 quid. Pioneer and Alpine also do good head units, but I tend to favour the Kenwoods as I prefer the sound of em, also neither do anything as funkeh as the MASK (when the stereo appears as if from nowhere). Most other brands are generally garbage, JVC are cheap and tacky, Sony are just plain godawful (sound rubbish and break after 6 months) and Clarion are the work of the devil.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kenwood-KDC...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1176917259&sr=1-10

Tom

I am a FH squatter
If you just want cheap tunes, go to Ebay and search for MP3 SD MMC in the car audio section.

There are squillions of Chinese stereos that do what they say on the tin.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
SAY NO TOO SONY!!!!!
Sorry for caps but that's how strongly I feel, I had a sony CD player that was just utter shite, if the battery was disconnected you had to enter the code but you could only enter the code with the remote, so when the circular battery went on the remote I was stuck in silence.

Best bet is to head to halford and purchase yourself a ripspeed CMR-2000, 80 quid fitted and you can play CDs, SD card and it has a USB and headphone port. I have one and I love it.

Here is a link for you http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...logId=10151&productId=238019&categoryId=31445

Kryten

Old Cow.
No real advice, but I'd like to stick up a little for Sony.

Have had a Sony Mp3 head unit for 5 years. It's still working, despite having been yanked out of 2 written off cars, one being a 60mph head on crash.

No issues with reliability, heat, quality, anything. I don't know if the quality issue is recent, or even older, but certainly never had any issue.

I think mine's an Xplod CD-MP30 or something along those lines. Doubt you can get them any more, cost me 250 quid at the time though :|

mank!

Part of the furniture
My CD player is a Sony one and is absolutely spot on.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Car audio players are always designed like a chavs wet dream - aren't there any out there that look nice? Have Nad ever designed a car stereo? Cos that'd be awesome.

TdC

NAD car audio: no spangly graphics. one led, three buttons, dark grey.

cheers for the replies all. prices are a bit harsh though. I was thinking along the lines of 150gbp tops, otherwise it will be worth more than my car :(

TdC

hmm unavailable in Holland, but it looks ok. I'll see if I can get it's dutch brother and what it costs. Cheers Dys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom