Advice Car accident advice

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Sorry, i edited the post too

i got some quotes just to check what my insurance would be like after the claim, looks like its gonna double pretty much. An extra £500-600, so would extra legal help be worth it at all?

Do you pay for Legal Expenses cover on your insurance? (It might be called Motor Legal Protection). I would say private lawyer is not worth it, if your insurance company feel that in a court of law that you will be helf fully or partially liable, they will settle the other guys claim, and they do have the right to do this.

really really don't jump ahead and pay money for a private lawyer. Just wait for the allegations from the other party, and if this witness statement comes to anything. You don't even know if hes claiming against you yet. If he reports to his insurance company and says 'He was going too fast but I was on the wrong side of the road' they shouldn't even really defend him. Like I said, dependent on the company, somewhat, but it would be pretty stupid to present those allegations to your company!

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Pikeh, out of interest. I live in Devon, and round here you can brush both wing mirrors on the hedges at the same time in some lanes. The concept of right and wrong side of the road seems redundant, there is just a single lane. The speed limit is also notionaly 60mph, though some of the bends are so blind that anything over 10mph would be 'too fast'. Under these circumstances would this sort of knock ever go anything other than 50:50?

RB

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Nah, narrow lane collisions are often 50/50, without independent witness advise in favour of one party. I think the only way of getting more than 50% liab is if you were stationary and pulled over as far as you can, and you and the other parties stories matching up. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom