TV Caprica cancelled

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Another show bites the dust, the ratings were bad but it finally felt like it was starting to go somewhere. TV writers need to learn that you have to deliver in the early episodes or you won't get time to tell your story, Caprica was very much slow burn for the first ten episodes and that has cost it a future. Sad but not unexpected knowing the way the American TV networks operate.

Cult - News - Syfy announces 'Caprica' cancellation - Digital Spy

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Meh I got bored after 3 episodes - and I like slow burners.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Meh I got bored after 3 episodes - and I like slow burners.

To be fair the first five were VERY slow, I can completely understand why people switched off. Even now it isn't breathtaking but you can finally see an interesting story emerging, all too late though.

I have a feeling that The Event may be canned as well, it too is very slow and the constant flashbacks are poorly executed. That combined with a large cast who you don't care about, doesn't look good at all.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Just reading that The Event has gone from 11 million viewers in week one to just under 6 million by episode 6, not healthy at all and with a large cast combined with lots outside shoots you can imagine the costs aren't low.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The Event just seems like a Jersey Shore version of Lost. Utterly vacuous and obvious.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
The Event just seems like a Jersey Shore version of Lost. Utterly vacuous and obvious.

The Lost comparison is very fair, the flashbacks really do try achieve the same effect that they did in Lost but the cast is pretty poor in general and the scripts don't really do anything to make you care about the characters. That is an area that Lost really excelled in, they had maybe a dozen characters all well acted who you made some kind of emotional investment with. That was what kept me watching even during the very dodgy season 3.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, caprica was nice to watch while you waited for something better.

It actually worked better then BSG since the drama works on that setting, not as much in a "scared sh*tless and running from the toasters" setting :p

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Guna miss Caprica, I agree it was slow, but there was alot to explain especially for non BSG viewers. That sucks. Though I like the look of the linked article for 'Blood and Stone' another prequel to BSG.

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
Can't say I'm going to miss Caprica, I have watched every episode as it's released slavishly (big sci-fi fan), and the story dragged so painfully slowly there were times I wanted to claw my eyeballs out.

Let's hope the producers go on to something bigger and better with the budget.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I watched every episode, but rarely enjoyed it. I mostly liked it when they were in NewCap city.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Sad to hear but not surprising. More and more of our entertainment is getting dumbed down, lowest common denominator stuff is all we can expect.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Got bored with Caprica very quickly and really didn't like the main female character, she was extremely irritating. I didn't make it past the first few either. I am usually patient with TV series' but they really did not pace this very well at all and the script was pretty dire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom