Can't stealth in RvR with emblem on your cloak. Why ?

O

old.trigali

A fellow guild member has posted this on our forums, which I reproduce here without his authorization (Hey, Aphex, sue me mate !)

"the problem with stealthing with guild colours on your cloak is you stick out like a sore thumb. I'm not sure what actually causes it but it sucks. When in the frontier I like to hide and stealth as much as possible but with the cloak on i can't as it sticks out and the end result is one dead hunter. "

I think this is a bug. I know that anyway in RvR wearing the emblem causes lag and all, but even out of the technical argument, if you look at it from a play-only point of view, what is the point of forbidding stealth classes from wearing their guild's emblem ?

I have logged a question with RightNow but if anyone knows the answer to this I'd like to know. Again, from a play prospective. The technical argument is very valid but not relevant to this I think.

O

old.trigali

I got the answer from GoA (about 5 minutes after posting my request, stop flaming GoA :)):

The question was
I could not find any information on the forums about this, but could
you tell me what the logic/reasoning is behind having a sealth class
(i.e. hunter or SB on Midgard) stand out and stay visible if his
cloak is printed with his guild's emblem ?

Basically this prevents all from wearing the emblem in RvR.

The answer is
You are not "visible" but yes your emblem can be seen to some extend.
If you are out of range of detection, you are fully hidden, cloak or
no cloak. However, if you get in a player's detection range, your
emblem may allow him to notice you but not that much.

So basically it does not say why this is fair. I think it isn't. Let's lobby again for a change in patch version 5.95 or something :)

O

old.stroke

Yep. Stealthers shouldn't use guild emblems. It's as easy as that :)

B

blain

Migardian Stealthers goto spindel and get yourself a silksteel cloak, they are jet black and totally transparent when stealthed, this does not solve the emblem problem i know, but when u stealth all you have to do is a quick cloak change and hey presto

Blain
3x Healer
Modi's Marauders
Webmaster
http://prydwen-camelot.co.uk

O

old.Eldred

i know this kinda sucks from a gameplay view and all those stealthers wanting to use emblems but....

surely a stealther should wear dark camoflauged colours not a White cloak with a big Red stripe a with a picture of a dragon on it etc, ?

O

old.Squan

it unfortunately won't be fixed as it is to do with the 3d engine and the way it renders you when you are stealthed. Best thing to do is use a rap cloak as a guild one and save a half decent one for the frontiers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom