can't shutdown?

G

gunner440

dunno why but my computer won't shutdown properly after playing daoc. I mean i click shutdown etc and it hangs just before the "It is now safe to turn off your computer" and i have to perform a manual reset.

to be able to shutdown i have to reboot the computer after playing daoc and then shutdown afterwards :>

any ideas? :>

p.s. yes im sure it has something to do with daoc, as playing anything else dont cause it to hang while shutting down.

E

Eldri

I got the same prob but havent found an answer yet

J

Jebelious

try clearing your memory etc in task manager before you shut down, and wait a few mins before you shut down for the cache to clear up.

G

gunner440

Originally posted by Jebelious
try clearing your memory etc in task manager before you shut down, and wait a few mins before you shut down for the cache to clear up.

tried it and still doesnt work :(

thx for help tho

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by gunZ-
to be able to shutdown i have to reboot the computer after playing daoc and then shutdown afterwards :>

so you can reboot but not shutdown?

are you using win98? it's a common error on about 1/3rd of all win98 installations that it hangs when asked to shutdown, in case you can't be arsed canceling the scandisk (that will come if you turnit off when it hangs) then just ask the comp to reboot and turn it off when it starts counting your memory (before it starts loading 98)

should do the trick

F

froler-mid

i think this thread and Gunnerr should be in the newbie section :D

(win me is worse then win95, get win98 2nd edition)

J

Jebelious

i totally skiped win ME and went to 2k, i still think 2k has its ups compared to ME but it depends what u like :p but any 9x user should seriously think about a change

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Jebelious
but any 9x user should seriously think about a change

2nd that

and for the record Win ME is build on the 9x kernel :) so it is included when people talk about 9x.

gunz I would seriously suggest you rolled on win2k not that much different in looks from 9x, but performs a helluva lot better

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom