Can't register on the GOA beta site

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone have any ideas,

I can't seem to register on the GOA Warhammer site for the beta. I have registered but when I type my username and password it rejects them.

When I go to the retreive password section it says my email address isn't registered.

Funny (well not so funny) thing is, I have registered.

Tried an email to GOA but no one responds.

Annoying thing is my guild is in the beta and if I don't get this sorted I won't be.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Are you sure you registered properly ?

I had a similar problem - try using IE (if you were on firefox) and make sure your Flash is up to date.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Yes I registered properly (well I believe I did) and yes I use IE.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Heh, I had a similar problem. It just wouldn't accept my password..... until I tried Firefox.
With IE7 I always get a "wrong format" error on my password. With Firefox it's no problem....

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Heh, I had a similar problem. It just wouldn't accept my password..... until I tried Firefox.
With IE7 I always get a "wrong format" error on my password. With Firefox it's no problem....

The wrong format basically means you aren't typing in the correct password. Normally this wil be down to you not shifting the correct number of letters.

Valid passwords must contain 2 Capital letters and 2 Numbers within its overall length. So when you get the wrong format, its basically giving you a hint that you are not typing in the password you originally registered with.

BAdelfmutha69 is ok

This is not the same message as Wrong Password, which is basically saying the structure of your password is ok, it contains 2 capital letters and 2 numbers. It just doesn't match the password you originally registered with.

Requiel, I have already mentioned you need to remind people in the Wrong Password error message, of what the correct structure of the password is.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Tried to reregister. Used different email address and details.

Can't log in. Email address isn't registered. Checked, double-checked, triple-checked everything I typed in.

No idea what to do now.

Attachments

• register.JPG
    register.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 30

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
hmm that message is a bit confusing it should say that you need to confirm to login.

There should be an email in your inbox - if not it's been eaten by a junk mail filter.

You have to click on that to confirm your email address before you're able to login.

lewskie

Fledgling Freddie
my partner had a similar problem, was kinda strange she got confirmation email etc and it said invalid link, and asked her to re-register.

the problem she had was using a cap's letters in her email address believe it or not.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Ye gads, I hope they haven't set up their character fields to be case sensitive, or are performing case sensitive comparisions. That will cause a problem. Only the password field needs to be really.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
HURRAH! Signed up! Thanks for the help everyone.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Just to clear up what happened,

When I signed up yesterday, I clicked on the Validate button it took me back to the start screen (the one with the random picture that you have to type in the letters shown) and I assumed I had signed up. Maybe I took to long, I don't know.

When I tried again, it took me to a page that said an email had been sent. And I got the email.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Ah the standard problem ... Its the part between the keyboard and the chair having gone fubar.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Ah the standard problem ... Its the part between the keyboard and the chair having gone fubar.

Well no not really, the site is supposed to take you to one page but took me to another.

But anyway...

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
When I signed up yesterday, I clicked on the Validate button it took me back to the start screen (the one with the random picture that you have to type in the letters shown) and I assumed I had signed up. Maybe I took to long, I don't know.

I based my comment on what you said in this post. The important part is "I assumed", so I can't help but say it was user error. Assumption is the mother of all fuckups ;)

However I will not deny that parts of the website are not constructed in a clear signposted manner and need to be addressed.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
If you click validate and you get returned to a different page, it's because there's a problem somewhere with the details you entered. Normally the problem would be listed in red at the top of the page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom