Cant register Catas without ToA?

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
So I just got Cata's cdkey for my new account but the cd-key slot is greyed out, the ToA cd-key slot however isnt. Do you actually need ToA to activate Catas, because if you do thats pretty damn stupid, especially since you cant even use the ToA content on Classic server.

http://shinki.0wns.org/random/tt.JPG

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
toa client is free next patch... and yes you do need it to activate catas.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Wait until 1st February, or possibly sooner if they fix the accounts before then.

All accounts can use ToA, they just haven't updated the subscription pages to reflect it though.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Well you buy a licence to play on all EU servers, you can't buy just a 'classic' licence. The subs system doesn't know what your home server is and can't predict that you'll never play on a regular server ever.

E

Efour

yeah same happened to me its only a few quid dont worry about it, or wait a week.

personaly i think catacombs was worth it just for the newb gear and getting past those god awful early levels.

Vonwar

One of Freddy's beloved
Eleasias said:
So I just got Cata's cdkey for my new account but the cd-key slot is greyed out, the ToA cd-key slot however isnt. Do you actually need ToA to activate Catas, because if you do thats pretty damn stupid, especially since you cant even use the ToA content on Classic server.

http://shinki.0wns.org/random/tt.JPG

Hey,

It seems quite normal to me, like you dont drive a car with 3 wheels when it is supposed to have 4 or do you ?

Toa is an expansion like all other in the game, and i suppose you have played since before toa, if you have you would have had a lot of down time, when all other ppl were doing ML raids and artifacts, and if you have been in rvr, with a SI template you would have gotten beaten up pretty badly i guess.

First Toa is free now asfar as i can read on the official web page, so you get it for free, so dont moan about it, and apart from that, you can in shops from what i have seen get it for about 20 EURO, which is not much unless you have 3-4 accounts you need it for :)

Hope you are not offended by my post, but i just dont understand why someone play a game half way and not all the way, meaning if you want to play daoc you need all expansions to be able to put up with others in rvr and to participate in your guilds/ alliances pve raids.

Best regards

Von War
GM - DH / Prydwen.

Syri

FH is my second home
unusual that goa require you to have toa still, mythic changed it so that wasn't a requirement any more when classic servers went live, cause i didn't get toa for my second account and still had catas.
course, i got toa now that it's free :)
think i read that toa went free early for goa, but not 100% sure on that, but not long to wait anyway :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Didn't they say that ToA would be flagged as active on everyones account from 27th Jan? Could have sworn I read that somewhere last week.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
As posted in last friday news:

FridayNews said:
Trials of Atlantis for free as soon as today for the Shrouded Isles users
Since the atmosphere is festive, we decided to offer Trials of Atlantis for free 10 days before the scheduled date. So, players who use a Shrouded Isles client will be able to discover the mysteries of Atlantis as soon as today. On the 25th of January the move onto Trials of Atlantis version will be automatic - which will require some download time before accessing the game. In order to get a better download speed and to choose the moment when you want to download it, we recommend you to download Trials of Atlantis before the 25th of January by following this link.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
i read something about ToA updated client having updated graphics to cata models, is that right?

So in the next patch, even if i havent bought cata, can i still use the cata models/graphics, or is that crap that i've read?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom