?? cant log in

L

lathonial

2accounts booted out of game, then 10m download, realse notes then say 1.64b (i think) patch notes for housing etc.. now cant log in, am i only one???

L

lathonial

nup - that mean u got it too? daoc-europe outa action too?

A

Athralmall

Servers, or the route to them, is up the creek at the mo.

So your DAoC is trying to patch to the us servers because ours isn't working. If you've downloaded the us patch, the fix for this is in the tech help section.

O

old.Leel

Dork, if it starts downloading a patch after ld, then you gotta decline. Now you gotta change your update.dat back to:
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/isles/mpatch.dat

Even the euro doac site is down.

T

tisme

booted too :( cant get back in :(
dam looks like earlyish night for me

O

old.Nibor

same problems here too, geting sick of goa performance.

K

kamool

Same here and downloaded patch!!

Now pass don't work and I'm owed at least 50 diamond seals.

:(

L

lathonial

jus to make sure, if i paste above 2 lines, write protect update.dat and then it gets overwritten again with same old bollox, means servers are still down, so do same again later.?what a pants system. HIB ZERG INC. booted. damn hibbys ruin everything :)

I

injustice

Mythic Patch

i'm allready tryied this ....

nope i can't login bahhh .....

Goa strikes again???

H

Hrogar

Yup, they've done it again.... why am I not surprised?
Tried replacing the text in update.dat, nothing happens... is that because the servers are down too?

P

PaqMan

I got a timeout on trace before I left swedish net, some router/GW I guess, to lazy to check further ;)

So it might not be GOA this time :)

O

old.Nibor

its not the unknown rooter, that forces me to patch to us version.

P

PaqMan

Originally posted by old.Nibor
its not the unknown rooter, that forces me to patch to us version.

No, its the local client...

H

Hrogar

And for those of us who don't know computers that means... :cheers:

E

Eltharion

same problems here too, geting sick of goa performance.

Originally posted by Hrogar
Yup, they've done it again.... why am I not surprised?
Tried replacing the text in update.dat, nothing happens... is that because the servers are down too?

how about taking a chill pill :)...it seems that it isnt an error at GOA, so how about stop blaming them for all your wories and problems...which seems to be a very fotm pow

P

PaqMan

And for those of us who don't know computers that means... :cheers:

It means, if you can't connect to the eu patch server because you can't connect to it, the locally installed program(game) tries to connect you to us instead. So that 'redirection' to US happens in your pc.

To clarify, if you can't connect even to the patch server, the problem can be everywhere between your pc and the eu patch server, and thats a long way...

H

Hrogar

Oh then I get it... that's kinduva stupid thing, ain't it? Why would it try the US-server if it only screws things up? :lol:

Sorry GOA then, it gets a bad habit blaming them for things after you wait 20 days for your PW and you don't even get an excuse :p You know i luuuv ya GOA :viking:

O

old.Nibor

if my client trys to reach us servers, its bad enough, what hell is a european client trying to get from us patch servers? over 2 years they got time to change this.

P

PaqMan

Oh then I get it... that's kinduva stupid thing, ain't it? Why would it try the US-server if it only screws things up? :lol:

To that I can only agree.. Mythic and/or GOA should have the abillity to implement a way to check if you are on the EU version and stop the automatic update from US..

P

PaqMan

if my client trys to reach us servers, its bad enough, what hell is a european client trying to get from us patch servers? over 2 years they got time to change this.

Can only speculate on that.. Maybe it was originally ment for all to have updates from US, maybe its a feature for comming versions.. Eitherway its pretty dumb solution as it is now, I agree.

K

kamool

Update aside, I still can't get in, after changing everything back to normal.

Could be another server hack?

Not gonna get mad with anyone cos it's a great game, bound to have a few bugs.

Whats pissing me off is that if there R players still there, I might lose my seals..

P

PaqMan

Originally posted by kamool
Update aside, I still can't get in, after changing everything back to normal.

Could be another server hack?

Not gonna get mad with anyone cos it's a great game, bound to have a few bugs.

Whats pissing me off is that if there R players still there, I might lose my seals..

My guess its a net problem somewhere.. All you can do is wait it out, sorry :(

K

kamool

Sleep it out for me, oh well theres always tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread