Can't install graphics drivers on fresh install?

Gray

FH is my second home
I've run into a very strange problem which i've never experienced on any of my previous installations of Windows, my nVidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti doesn't seem to be accepting any of the drivers i install. I've tried about 10 different versions but all of them have the same outcome.

When i restart computer, the computer boots but then it hangs on the Windows 7 desktop screen, never loading up into Windows.

I have to restart computer, but then i'm able to go into Safe Mode and uninstall the graphics drivers - Then i can load into Windows normally again, but driverless. I've tried the latest confirmed-released drivers, which failed, and i've gone as far back as 2012 but none seem to be working.

Very much at a loss!

Gray

FH is my second home
Well, after many major annoyances i think i've sorted it. I went back and tried installing the latest drivers, but instead of installing all of the options i just selected the graphics driver - Worked straight away. Still unusual why this occured considering it worked fine last time out before i formatted computer.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
you suck at this computer thing Gray ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom