Cant decide , need advice.

A

apocalypticos

I was thinking about playing albion next patch, but I cant decide what class I shall play.
So I wanted to here some opinions from other ppl.

I was thinking about following classes:
- Armsman (Polearm mainly)
- Wizard
- Cabalist
- Minstrel

Pls say what class you would like best and with reasons pls.

Thanks in advance,

Apoc.

O

old.mattshanes

Minstrel because alb lacks grouping minstrels in rvr.

L

liste

Earth wiz is good. however, i suggest leveling as ice, up to 40. makes it so much easier :)

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by Flesh
Minstrel.

What he said (reluctantly) They are the most fun class to play, very varied and able to work with most groups easily. Can solo too if needed.

O

old.Morchaoron

minstrel and go:

50 instruments
34 slash
25 stealth (climb walls, you'll also have safe fall 2, and no dont go 30 stealth whatever people tell you its a complete waste of points)

or if you dont wanna climb walls etc then take

50 instruments
43 slash

(being rogues we can never have too much weaponskill ;) )

you could go for 50 slash but you'll miss out the 70 point ablative and I've heard from minstrels who have diamond slash its not that good with our rogue damage table, so dont expect to do Sycho damage with it ;) )

A

apocalypticos

Do Minstrel get climb wall and safe fall etc. too then?

Thought that only infil, SB and NS would get that...

B

bigchief

minstrels too as of 1.60

From an infils point of view its a nightmare as their stealth sucks when climbing walls, can be seen 10 yards away and make a nice aedot target. If i see a mincer heading for a climb point i chose a different one now :(

S

stroopwafel

Originally posted by apocalypticos
I was thinking about playing albion next patch, but I cant decide what class I shall play.
So I wanted to here some opinions from other ppl.

I was thinking about following classes:
- Armsman (Polearm mainly)
- Wizard
- Cabalist
- Minstrel

Pls say what class you would like best and with reasons pls.

Thanks in advance,

Apoc.

dont go arms/wiz/cabby if you like emain/odins rvr

L

leviathane

Re: Re: Re: Cant decide , need advice.

cleric :m00:

S

stroopwafel

Re: Re: Re: Cant decide , need advice.

Originally posted by old.Morchaoron
eh? Oo

explain.....

don't need an arms/wiz/cabby in a good group
and without a good group albs tend to leave after 1 death

R

redfern

Well - Starting on a new server, you will need to lvl you first char somewhat fast to keep it interresting :)
A Minstrel is a good choice - easy to get group. So is also a cleric, Paladin, Friar, Armsman, Sorc or earththeugist (pbt). Hardest to get grouped is Infils and scouts at lower levels. Wizards are good too but the icewizz is best at higher levels. Best solo chars are: Necro (uberpowered), Firewizz, Airtheugist and Cabby. Some of the groupfriendly types are also very voulnerable to getting the aggro, especially healers and casters. The pally can choose to use healchant and take most aggro, protecting the others.

I would suggest as a first char. you make a deathsight necro, to collect whatever drops and money that will be needed for your other chars. It can level faster alone than in group, and you will soon have a variety of drops and lots of money to start other chars.

I hope you will be happy playing alb.

O

old.Morchaoron

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cant decide , need advice.

Originally posted by stroopwafel
don't need an arms/wiz/cabby in a good group
and without a good group albs tend to leave after 1 death

We use a assisting pole armsman for our groups, the damage is great and critting for 900 isnt too bad either...

Wizzies are not useless, been in enough supergroups that use one

a well specced cabalist has loads of 'annoying' abilities although his nukes arent that good, but he's at his best when used in combo with air theurgs...

but i think you never seen any of those that could play their class right then Oo

X

Xeanor

Re: Re: Cant decide , need advice.

Originally posted by stroopwafel
dont go arms/wiz/cabby if you like emain/odins rvr

I wonder why the best group I've ever had had both a Wizard and a Armsman :<

C

chimaira

Mercenary. plain simple 50/50/28 spec and u on,

O

old.Atrox

If you go Armsman go hybrid
50 pole
39 damage type
42 shield
rest in parry

S

stroopwafel

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cant decide , need advice.

Originally posted by old.Morchaoron
but i think you never seen any of those that could play their class right then Oo [/B]

nope :)

but it will be very frustrating to get a 50 on a new realm to just find out people dont want you because they want a sorc/cleric/minstrel/etc

L

liste

another option, is to not listen too much to those advisors saying 'make that class to get groups or be uber', and roll the class that you find interesting

E

Elenah Lopez

Originally posted by liste
another option, is to not listen too much to those advisors saying 'make that class to get groups or be uber', and roll the class that you find interesting

Amen

S

stroopwafel

been there, done that, got very annoyed by soloing all the time :\
I just give a warning, nothing more, nothing less

if you don't like the class you will probably never hit lvl50 without PLing anyway

O

old.Morchaoron

He already named 4 classes he finds interesting, but he can't decide :doh:

O

old.SadonTheGrey

I'd leave any caster tbh until Mythic have announced how drastic the resist revamp is going to be.

Needs to be bloody drastic imho, not worth rolling a wizard for RvR until its fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread