Cant connect to login server? >.<

Asal Vega

Fledgling Freddie
Any ideas why i cant connect to Login server/update client? cant see any threads about servers being down and official page doesnt mention anything.. :twak:

Asal Vega

Fledgling Freddie
well either someone can cause offical page shows servers being populated.. or its not updated.. just tried 2nd pc in the house and daoc still wont run bah

is this one of the things that can be solved with a rewrite of the update.dat file? if so please parse a usable line :worthy:

Gonz

Fledgling Freddie
It looks like its mainly people from Denmark who have this problem :(

(I can't get past patcher aswell)

Asal Vega

Fledgling Freddie
just did a trace, and ping plot stops at opentransit france... so doubt its only danish players..

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
This happened to me after the small update. in my case it was the firewall blocking login.dll

you just need to set the firewall to allow that login.dll to pass, ntw i'm using zonealarm and it was easily sorted.

hope this helps.

Argyle_Avendale

Fledgling Freddie
I cant connect either, and im not using a firewall...

This is truely getting pathetic with all these things not working, game is really going down the drain. >.<

Does people still have problems?

Ferengi

Fledgling Freddie
yup i still have probs... getting past loginserver fine but i get "service not available"

eble

Fledgling Freddie
not able to connect here.

now line from australia is borked aswell, had the same problem yesterday..

then it went back and and now its down again.

Eble

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
thinking about it the prob i had with the firewall was a t home using zonealarm.

I had same prob at work not using a firewall and it turned out to be Norton anti virus after disabling it things worked ok then when enabling it again i could still login.

Crystal

Fledgling Freddie
All have worked for me, same setting the last weeks. Then suddenly, it doesnt, its not Norton, its not Zonealarm, its not Firewall.

Bet its TeleDK messing up again.

wodzie

Fledgling Freddie
Crystal said:
All have worked for me, same setting the last weeks. Then suddenly, it doesnt, its not Norton, its not Zonealarm, its not Firewall.

Bet its TeleDK messing up again.

That could be, but eble is aussie and tdc dont cover there afaik..

Its open transit screwing us up again, and "as normal" lack of info from goa/mythic on this matter

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
ive got problems too connecting to Excalibur server, i have checked both windows firewall and sygate firewall and everything seems ok.

i have done pingplotter tracert and it shows 193.252.123.33 as Destination unreachable.

well i thought it would be better to rightnow that (i rightnowed the lag yesterday too) but i cant even use https://faq.camelot-europe.com/ (it's doing a timeout on me).

so seems the router just before we hit GOA is borked :p

necromania

Can't get enough of FH
i got problems with recieving new sub passwords... ( doesnt recieve anything from goa with new sub password)

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Tiarta said:
ive got problems too connecting to Excalibur server, i have checked both windows firewall and sygate firewall and everything seems ok.

i have done pingplotter tracert and it shows 193.252.123.33 as Destination unreachable.

well i thought it would be better to rightnow that (i rightnowed the lag yesterday too) but i cant even use https://faq.camelot-europe.com/ (it's doing a timeout on me).

That's just a router set to not accept pings, so it reports 100% packet loss. That's the case for both of the two hops with 100% packet loss. The problem looks to be in the first hop from TeleDK where you get nearly 1 sec latency.

unforgiving

Fledgling Freddie
tbh i bet its teledanmark, caus one if my friend uses stofanet and he can log on np

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Tiarta said:

Yeah that huge spike on the first tele.dk router you connect to can't possibly have anything to do with it :(

necromania

Can't get enough of FH
anyone can tell me why i doesnt recieve new sub password for my bb acc ? it aint in inbox,trashcan,spam folder :S .

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
That's just a router set to not accept pings, so it reports 100% packet loss. That's the case for both of the two hops with 100% packet loss. The problem looks to be in the first hop from TeleDK where you get nearly 1 sec latency.

i know about the hop 11 and 13 with the 100 % packetloss (those are not the problems) hop 1 aint the problem either (it have just had 1 lag spike)

the problem is at hop 15 (Excalibur server 193.252.123.33 - destination adress uncreachable)

i have checked several ip's of those GOA has and it seems to me that i cant connect to ips below 193.252.123.38.

but all those above 193.252.123.38 (38 included) works ok for me

its just a problem that Excalibur/Prydwen and Rightnow is not accessible for me (they are all below 38)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Tiarta said:
i have checked several ip's of those GOA has and it seems to me that i cant connect to ips below 193.252.123.38.

but all those above 193.252.123.38 (38 included) works ok for me

its just a problem that Excalibur/Prydwen and Rightnow is not accessible for me (they are all below 38)

weird :)

might be this line in the firewall config:

ipchains -A nodaocfordanes -p udp -s danishpeople -dport 1:38 -j DENY

MaLk

Fledgling Freddie
same problem here... Also use TDC

traceroute shows package is lost in france :p stupid french people :D

edit: 193.252.123.38 (38 included) and above seems to work ok for me too :/

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
MaLk said:
same problem here... Also use TDC

traceroute shows package is lost in france :p stupid french people :D

edit: 193.252.123.38 (38 included) and above seems to work ok for me too :/

the packet has to get there and back, sounds like something weird is going on as it's only happening to people with that ISP.

bad routing somewhere

Argante

Loyal Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
weird :)

might be this line in the firewall config:

ipchains -A nodaocfordanes -p udp -s danishpeople -dport 1:38 -j DENY

lol Flimgoblin thats the problem, they still using ipchains instead of iptables :p

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Ferengi said:
Problem still persist... waaaaa 1 more day without daoc :(

Fereng! :( call up those TDC fekkers and tell em whats what!!

/Dracus

tjodhild

Fledgling Freddie
Dracus said:
Fereng! :( call up those TDC fekkers and tell em whats what!!

/Dracus

It is not TDC who have the problem.

it is on the france "wannadoo network" some where..

Ferengi

Fledgling Freddie
hmmm plz xplain why its only tdc customers then? If its not then excuse me for posting this reply

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom