Canon G5 vs S50

Vae

Resident Freddy
Basicly i'm looking to buy a digital camera and having read the threads here and elsewhere and spoken to people i've reached the following conclusions:

Can EOS 300D is lovely but I can't justify the price of it for the use I'll get from it.

So I've narrowed it down to the S50 and G5. The G5 seems to have more settings but not by far from the S50 while the S50 is more compact and cheaper.

Anyone offer any advice for choosing one over the other or offer better alternatives?

Also anyone dealt with Berridge Cameras before? They seem to have very good prices and someone I know has bought a 300D from there with no problems.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I would go for the S50 as I doubt you would need the extra few features.

I have the S45 and I think its a superb camera. I have no regrets buying it.
Its also very very easy to use.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
s50, g3 or s50. The g5 although offering the extra megapixels isnt as good as the g3. It performs worse in dark conditions for a start, check out some reviews.

Vae

Resident Freddy
True Ch3ten. I had read as much in reviews but it's slightly irrelevent given it's very hard to get a G3 and usually only at a much higher price than I can get a G5 for e.g. 504.99 for G3, 373.99 for G5.

It looks like i'll be going for the S50 unless anyone posts something to the contrary.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Go for the one with the most sensitive CCD, and the best colour rendition.

Nos

Fledgling Freddie
I'd try and get together a few more readies and go for this instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom