Cannot delete attachments

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
For some reason I can't delete some of my attachments - there's no checkbox for some photos meaning I can't select them to perform an action... anyone know why?

I could delete some but not others.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Can you pm me a link so I can see where?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Deebs, I think i might be having this problem too, I'll double check...

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Looks like you are trying to delete attachments attached to a message that has now passed the editing time window.

Therefore you cannot delete the attachment as you are not allowed to edit the message.

Make sense?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Looks like you are trying to delete attachments attached to a message that has now passed the editing time window.

Therefore you cannot delete the attachment as you are not allowed to edit the message.

Make sense?

Not really, as when I first noticed this problem I was deleting much older attachments than the ones in the list.

Also, why would the edit time passing prevent me from deleting my attachments? The edit time only refers to the post itself and not whether I have attachments uploaded to my profile?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The attachments left in your profile are all attached to the photo competition threads. You are not allowed to edit the posts, so the attachments cannot be removed.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
So if we reach our attachment limit we cannot upload any more and cannot delete old ones because of the edit limit?

edit:// also if that is the case, is there a way we can link images from the gallery directly? (actually showing the photo in the post, not just the link)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I am looking at enabling the album feature within vBulletin and or increasing the limit.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
The attachments left in your profile are all attached to the photo competition threads. You are not allowed to edit the posts, so the attachments cannot be removed.

That still doesn't explain why I was able to delete older attachments that were also in threads, that were older. Surely if what you were saying was the case I wouldn't have been able to delete anything.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
According to the vbulletin coders (there is a thread on their forums about this), there is NO permission that will either allow or deny a user the ability to delete an attachment.

The only thing that stops a user is their ability to edit the post where the attachment is connected to. Believe me I spent some time looking for an option but it does not exist.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
OK that makes no sense at all :(

The only thing I can think of is that the edit window might reopen after a while closed?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I don't think a post can reopen for editing, mods and admins have different privileges for editing posts.

The attachment limit has increased from 1mb to 2mb for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom