Cannabis Reclassification

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Vodkafairy said:
Anyway.. some people just smoke it because it's illegal.

Legalising it doesn't mean everyone will start using it and die, it's no sport anymore to get it so there's a big chance less people will use it ;p

Same as most things. You tell someone not to do something because it's wrong and they will do it. Kids will go share a bottle of cider because they know it's wrong, they will start smoking early because they know it's wrong, etc. It's the risk factor, and it's exciting.

If any good should come out of relaxing the laws it will be that less peoples will use it because it's not as wrong as it used to be..

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
how much does it cost in the shops over there... mental note to self must go to Amsterdam

Chilly

Balls of steel
depends, if you buy the cheapo weed you can get like 3.5-4g for 12euro, but if u want the good shit white widow type stuff u might lookin at 20+ euro for that amount

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
[QUOTE='Shy]If any good should come out of relaxing the laws it will be that less peoples will use it because it's not as wrong as it used to be..[/QUOTE]

lol, you're funny......

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
yea cause hardly anyone smokes or drinks alcohol

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
Chilly said:
depends, if you buy the cheapo weed you can get like 3.5-4g for 12euro, but if u want the good shit white widow type stuff u might lookin at 20+ euro for that amount

ok i think i'll be popping over there this summer :)

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
You know you aren't allowed to bring the weed out of the country though, right? :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
when i was younger and used to smoke it every day its was £15 for an eight and £25 for a quarter oz of weed. nowadays its a bit more, i didnt used to smoke it just because it was illigal.

Alkoran

One of Freddy's beloved
ST^ said:
lol, you're funny......

Actually (gotta love that word) it's a valid point.

In many cases the more the choice is left to the individual, the more information and advice people seek before making the said choice. Thus resulting in a better informed decission.

Damn you're dense!

:D

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
As someone who occaisionally dabbles in cannabis, this law will practically make very little difference. Now, I am young and I don't know how cannabis was handled before my time. Was there actually a time when the police were hard on cannabis use?

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
There is a strong link between mental illness and cannabis. Any young person who smokes it on a regular basis is an idiot imo.

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
Skeggi said:
It IS legal here...well...sort off anyway :p
Here being where you live. Why would you bother quoting me? I was posting my pov and where I live it isn't legal. I'm aware the post was re: UK. Kthx :p

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:
There is a strong link between mental illness and cannabis. Any young person who smokes it on a regular basis is an idiot imo.
Show link.

Imo any person who smokes pot on a regular basis has a right to.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:
hi :)

Ala said:
Show link.

thx :) i completely agree

Damini

Part of the furniture
Ala said:
Show link.

http://www.cannabisschizophrenia.com/news/1102.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3409993.stm

I could dig out tons more links if you liked. There's research that shows there is a link, there's some research that refutes it. More research needs to be done. Of course if people want to smoke, they should be able to, and look, they can. You guys obviously smoke, so this law makes no odds really to you. The argument is whether it should be downgraded, and I personally think it's a dangerous drug and shouldn't be.

Edit:// Also, if people want to smoke on a regular basis, that's fine. What about the people that get murdered by someone who has schixophrenia due to pot smoking, or exasperated by it? They have sod all say in the matter.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Damini said:
http://www.cannabisschizophrenia.com/news/1102.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3409993.stm

I could dig out tons more links if you liked. There's research that shows there is a link, there's some research that refutes it. More research needs to be done. Of course if people want to smoke, they should be able to, and look, they can. You guys obviously smoke, so this law makes no odds really to you. The argument is whether it should be downgraded, and I personally think it's a dangerous drug and shouldn't be.

Edit:// Also, if people want to smoke on a regular basis, that's fine. What about the people that get murdered by someone who has schixophrenia due to pot smoking, or exasperated by it? They have sod all say in the matter.

Ban alcohol IMO, more people are killed by people who are drunk than by people on any other substance.
It's by far and away the most dangerous of all the drugs.
:kissit:

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Damini said:

Whoopi Goldberg isn't doing much these days...

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
yaruar said:
Ban alcohol IMO, more people are killed by people who are drunk than by people on any other substance.

americans tried that. Only thing that happened was that the maffia got more power, because of the ban :p.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Driwen said:
americans tried that. Only thing that happened was that the maffia got more power, because of the ban :p.

Which is the main crux of the argument for legalising all drugs...

Which should be done IMO.

Damini

Part of the furniture
yaruar said:

You can't legitimise one drug by the sins of another.

Alcohol has been part of human culture for many thousands of years, and yet there are still rules and regulations in place. You can't buy pure full strength absinth here (the one you can buy is a lesser version) and there are limits of the legal potency of alcohol. Pot has increased in strength at an incredible rate since it's hey day in the sixties, and perhaps this plays a part in the increase in mental illness?

People that are drunk are still able to make choices - when was the last time you decided to murder someone just because you were drunk? People with mental illness are not allowed that same degree of control. Being drunk, you sober up. People with schizophrenia don't just wake up fine the morning after.

Schizophrenia is a horrible, ruthless, life destroying illness, and when people in their early twenties are affected by it somebody should take notice. I just find it heartbreaking to see lives wasted like that.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
damini is owning you all, i shall have her allegiance.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
if i wanted to be serious about this i would post all the names of the people posting on the other side of the argument

then that would be an answer to "who cares"

since your post was idiotic, i wont, ta ta.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Damini said:
You can't legitimise one drug by the sins of another.

Alcohol has been part of human culture for many thousands of years, and yet there are still rules and regulations in place. You can't buy pure full strength absinth here (the one you can buy is a lesser version) and there are limits of the legal potency of alcohol. Pot has increased in strength at an incredible rate since it's hey day in the sixties, and perhaps this plays a part in the increase in mental illness?

People that are drunk are still able to make choices - when was the last time you decided to murder someone just because you were drunk? People with mental illness are not allowed that same degree of control. Being drunk, you sober up. People with schizophrenia don't just wake up fine the morning after.

Schizophrenia is a horrible, ruthless, life destroying illness, and when people in their early twenties are affected by it somebody should take notice. I just find it heartbreaking to see lives wasted like that.

Actually absinthe of any form has never been illegal over here. The full strength version is a lot weaker than some of the vodkas sold in my local newsagents (86 percent triple distilled vodka is the strongest i've seen there, compared to 70 percent for a lot of chezh absinthe) the main objection to absinthe was the perported hallucinagenic reaction to the wormwood used in the process of making it.

As for the murder aspect. A large proportion of murders are directly atributable to alcohol due to it's side effect of increasing agression and testoserone levels and the lowering of inhibitors in the brain.

I've both been an exceptionally heavy drinker in my life and a heavy dope smoker (have experimented with other drugs, but none really appealed) and the only times I have been violent it's been directly attributable to alcohol and specifically relating to it's role as a depressant.

I'll grant you, schitzophrenia is a terrible illness, but the links between cannabis and mental illness and difficult to prove and at most rare cases.
In all honesty there are more links between anti-depressants and psychotic episodes than there are with cannibis.

There may well be some links between dope smoking and pushing someone with a pedispossition towards mental illness over the edge, but exactly the same can be said for alcohol and other drugs which alter the brain chemistry.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
k9awya said:
if i wanted to be serious about this i would post all the names of the people posting on the other side of the argument

then that would be an answer to "who cares"

since your post was idiotic, i wont, ta ta.

Searching for 'sense of humour'.

No matches.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Alcohol leads to increased cases of domestic violence, motor accidents and criminal behaviour. Boozing over a long period leads to massive liver damage etc.

How many people have been killed as a result of booze in the last 10 years and how many have been killed as a result of psychotic effect of getting over-toasted in the same period? I suspect that in the long run it will turn out that smoking weed is the lesser evil.

Plus, I really can't see the difference between indulging in one form of poison over another. They are equally destructive and pointless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom