Cancel a tradeskill?

Dudley52

Part of the furniture
Hi, I'm currently an Alchemist on my Reaver, but I cannot do woodworking. Is it possible to cancel Alchemy so i can do woodworking?

Thanks in advance

Dudley52

Part of the furniture
I guess you cannot cancel or change tradeskills then?

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
No, you can change from an 'old' tradeskill (Tailoring, ACing, Weaponsmithing or Fletching) to one of the 'new' ones (Alchemy or Spellcrafting) but not the other way around.
However in a recent grab bag, Sanya said that one of the proposed changes to the crafting system is to let all classes train all crafts as high as they like without limits on secondary skills, so eventually your alchemist will be able to train a skill that lets him advance in woodworking without having to wipe his alchemy skill.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
even past your main tradeskill? so if your 500 AC, you could go 1000metal, or something

or do you meen secondary like AC secondary is tailor or something?

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
No, you can change from an 'old' tradeskill (Tailoring, ACing, Weaponsmithing or Fletching) to one of the 'new' ones (Alchemy or Spellcrafting) but not the other way around.
However in a recent grab bag, Sanya said that one of the proposed changes to the crafting system is to let all classes train all crafts as high as they like without limits on secondary skills, so eventually your alchemist will be able to train a skill that lets him advance in woodworking without having to wipe his alchemy skill.

Yep thats the truth of the matter as I understand. Some hope for future patches but alchys and SC'ers are stuck that way.

Leahc

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
No, you can change from an 'old' tradeskill (Tailoring, ACing, Weaponsmithing or Fletching) to one of the 'new' ones (Alchemy or Spellcrafting) but not the other way around....

I Got a friend who accidental did choose Spellcrafting (or was it Alche?) on his Hunter while it was young. Then doing level to 50 + arties + template ... and then find out that he cannot become a Fletcher like he wanted :/

With all the types of respecs in the game, I beleive this is something left unfinished by Mythic. I wonder if any GM cba to help someone stuck with resetting the tradeskill?

/Leahc

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Just wait for the crafting changes in 1.87.
You can become an all in 1 LGM then.

Danita

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom