can your phone reveal stuff about you?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
I was just wondering because since i've been out in the world and associating with actual people i've noticed many people have obscure ringtones and i wonder if this says something abut their personality.

On my phone my ringtone is the theme from beetlejuice (except when b2 rings me i gave him a custom ringtone, king of the hill, you know the banjoey one?) and my screen saver is a pic i took while walking in my fave cemetary of the grave markers.

now from this if you just saw this data and knew nothing else about me you'd prolly suspect me of being a bit of a goth or something? i dont know but i can say this doesn't reflect on my personality at all because im about as gothy as a plate of trifle and i'm not occult at all really lol

any hoo whats your ringtone and screen saver and would someone who found your phone be able to deduce your personality from it or is it a bit misleading?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
aint got ny screensaver enabled on my phone (battery save mode ftw) but my ringtone is Benny Hill theme :)

/edit: and i have no idea if anyone would be able to figure something out of it.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
My ringtone is one of the default ringtones that came with the mobile. It´s a jazz-ish tune and I decided to use it because I never heard someone using this tune. I`m not using a screensaver, but I`m using a selfmade wallpaper... which is a Quake 3 logo.
What people could deduce from that is, that I`m either completely uncreative and lazy, or an anti-fashion-victim activist. Or both. Or they´re completely wrong and I just don´t give a damn about customizing my mobile phone. ;)

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
No screen saver other than the default one, My ringtone is South of Heaven by Slayer. I doubt people I don't know would have associated it with me, based on how I look.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
Or they´re completely wrong and I just don´t give a damn about customizing my mobile phone. ;)

i tried to resist when i got my latest phone, but i just cant stand the default ring tunes.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Use one of the default ringtones, think it's some mozart melody or something. As for background, it's the cover of Battle Royale dvd, looks like a tatoo though. Not sure what people would get out of it. Maybe they'll think I'm some kind of tatooed bodybuilder who enjoys classical music :D

I just can't be arsed with customising my phone, as long as I can use it effectively I don't care if it looks boring. It's a phone god dammit :x

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
My "desktop" picture on the phone is a closeup of a ladybird, and my ring signal is Sweet Child o' Mine.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
my phone looks pretty much as when I bought it, same ring tone, same background etc. I hate texting so no such things on it either.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Ezteq said:
I was just wondering because since i've been out in the world and associating with actual people i've noticed many people have obscure ringtones and i wonder if this says something abut their personality.

On my phone my ringtone is the theme from beetlejuice (except when b2 rings me i gave him a custom ringtone, king of the hill, you know the banjoey one?) and my screen saver is a pic i took while walking in my fave cemetary of the grave markers.

now from this if you just saw this data and knew nothing else about me you'd prolly suspect me of being a bit of a goth or something? i dont know but i can say this doesn't reflect on my personality at all because im about as gothy as a plate of trifle and i'm not occult at all really lol

any hoo whats your ringtone and screen saver and would someone who found your phone be able to deduce your personality from it or is it a bit misleading?

Goth, definately...

Mine has the only usable default ringtone and the wallpaper and screensaver are my kittens. I need a better ringtone though

MaCaBr3

Banned
It's not so much that you reveal yourself, but it's more about how people assume you are when you have a retarded ringtone on your phone.

I have this as background :

MR862%7EKiss-Posters.jpg

and D-Note - Shed My Skin as current ringtone.
The sms tune is some D&B sample of some song I can't remember.

Also have the poster if the girls in my living room, it makes me feel good.

In my pants.

soze

I am a FH squatter
My phone gose ring ring, i always get embaessed with a i have a funny ring tone.
And i have not set up a background as of yet i have a Nokia N73 and have not found a way of putting one of there that dose not look stupid and squashed. Had it a few months and have spent about 20 minutes total :(

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
text ringtone is richard black wood - 1 2 3 4 get with the wicked xD

and call ringtone is billy tallent - burn the evidence

wallpaper is a picture of me and my gf kissing on new years eve with the london eye lit up around us, taken by some random women :D

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
My background is Stella Artois logo (taken with camera on my phone)
Screensaver is a groupspicture with some friends

my ringtone is just a standard one.. :x

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
I never really fancied ringtones myself, and usually get annoyed if some twat in the bus has his/her phone ringing at max volume, so I use the vibration shit.
A while back, however, I used George Baker & Co - Little Green Bag.
And I do believe customised phones show off the owner's atitude/hobbies or whatever.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I change mine very month :p

This months tone is Encore Une Fois by Sash. Last month it was Ike Ike by team Hinoi or what ever they are called. I pick my tone based on my mood. I doubt anyone could read into anything to deep about me based on my phone.

My screenie is of my little cat Ethan before he died.

Marc

FH is my second home
My ring tone is Joy Salinas - People talk and my screensaver is just the one that came when I got the phone :s

Amanita

Part of the furniture
My ringtone is a tune from Swan Lake, and the background is some picture of a rose that came with it.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
My ringtone has been "Air - All I need" for ages. Atleast 3+ years I think. I like it since it's not so obtrusive but very distinguisheable.
Background is the standard black sonyericsson theme named "Ambient".

Could you learn something about me from that? Guess you could. I'm a calm guy, like things nice and relaxed :)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Standard Ringtone, standard background, people named correctly without nicknames (except one), so nope, my phone is absolutely neutral =)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ezteq said:

now from this if you just saw this data and knew nothing else about me you'd prolly suspect me of being a bit of a goth or something?

Well, not goth never, GEETH maybe, most likely emo. Most likely a metal person of no sort of "stigma".

I got, so surising as it is, the elevator music from SS2 as my ringtone. Got bored of the banana phone a while back. Possibly the crazy kitten is making it's way back into my phone.

As background, i have an ugly mugshot of me and the text "Not your phone b*tch!"

Zede

Part of the furniture
Ive got the ringtone from a 70s kids tvs show called "Picturebox"

dont be deceived, its well freaky !

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
in answer to the initial question, yes... you use it to phone people on, text, listen music, surf the web... ect ect
anyone with access to your sim, + phone records probably could get a loan in your name, these days

in answer to your second question, i have a VERY old background, its an emule2000 one... i really need to change it, but i never use the fucker, so fuck it;)
i have serveral ringtones for differant people;
a monkey island theme reggee remix
episode 94, from iwillpress.com
raptile, make ya'll bounce
mortal kombat theme
doom3 theme, pc game - loosely based on the film

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Got Three 6 mafia song as a ring tone :p ... no am NOT a wigga :<

Himse

FH is my second home
Ezteq said:

Dunno tbh, my phone just contains pictures of me, mates, gf, and lots of music. So yeah probably could reveal alot about me :O

Gamah

Banned
Himse said:
Dunno tbh, my phone just contains pictures of me, mates, gf, and lots of music. So yeah probably could reveal alot about me :O

Wtf? My Phone has loads of pictures of your gf as well ;o (naked..sucking my dick etc.)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Gamah said:
Wtf? My Phone has loads of pictures of your gf as well ;o (naked..sucking my dick etc.)

WTF? :eek7: My phone contains pictures of Himse's GF sucking your cock while yourm mom bums you with a strap-on.

Gamah

Banned
old.Tohtori said:
WTF? :eek7: My phone contains pictures of Himse's GF sucking your cock while yourm mom bums you with a strap-on.

Now thats HOT!

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
black background, no screensaver and silent phone on vibration... im the anonymous(sp?) guy?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
MaCaBr3 said:
I have this as background :

MR862%7EKiss-Posters.jpg

it makes me feel good.

tbh that'd make anyone feel *good*

though it makes me feel slightly bad :sex:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom