Can You Raed Tihs?

G

Gef

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe. ceehiro

Apparently

R

Rubric

Originally posted by Gef
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe. ceehiro

Apparently

Ill go along with that. I could read it fine.

F

FatBusinessman

Originally posted by Will
Don't look at me like that, young man. I didn't invent the other thread just to annoy you.:p

No, but you've got to admit it's a nice perk, isn't it? ;)

E

Ekydus

Although I could read this, some words I couldn't and well... my mind could easily guess what should be there. That theory evidently already has a weak point.

However this is like trying to say a colour of a word when reading another colour.

i.e.

BLACK

You all said black, not white, the colour of the font used, right?
This is because of the way our mind processes, it can process words we read faster than it can realise what colour we are looking at. Very interesting. :)

D

Deadmanwalking

Originally posted by Ekydus
Although I could read this, some words I couldn't and well... my mind could easily guess what should be there. That theory evidently already has a weak point.

No, you evidently have a weak point. To add to your others
:p

G

Gef

Originally posted by Ekydus
You all said black, not white, the colour of the font used, right?
This is because of the way our mind processes, it can process words we read faster than it can realise what colour we are looking at. Very interesting. :)

Not if you squint really hard so you cant actually read the word

I win! \o/

E

Ekydus

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking.
No, you evidently have a weak point. To add to your others
:p
:eek:
You sir, have crossed the line.
Handbags at 10 paces.

S

sad_mung

It was a sepical day for frmaer Ferd. He was jinoing the freamr crops. Lkie the Amry Crops but dfifreent.
Wihslt tndenig his corps he tohuhgt aobut fhsinig. How he levod to cctah a lrgae crap and sohw it to his wfie. Sedundly arwae of an ugre for a carp fremar ferd rutenred to his hmoe.

So as you can see it doesn't always work. If the context sounds correct and the word actually makes sense when mispelt it trips you up.

Doesn't it? Doesn't it? Or is it just me?

M

Mr.Monkey

Originally posted by sad_mung
It was a sepical day for frmaer Ferd. He was jinoing the freamr crops. Lkie the Amry Crops but dfifreent.
Wihslt tndenig his corps he tohuhgt aobut fhsinig. How he levod to cctah a lrgae crap and sohw it to his wfie. Sedundly arwae of an ugre for a carp fremar ferd rutenred to his hmoe.

So as you can see it doesn't always work. If the context sounds correct and the word actually makes sense when mispelt it trips you up.

Doesn't it? Doesn't it? Or is it just me?
Just you.

But i'd avoid that farmer. He likes to catch crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom