Can you be a RolePlay Racist?

S

SilverHood

Was thinking of making a Character who believed that humans are the cause for the Fall of Empire, and will therefore kill any human that crosses his path....

Imagine a city run by elves, where being human is outlawed....

A

aeolus_mors

If you are thinking of a charater like that, then another High Court guild would probably be your best bet . If your not sure if any of the High Court actually will kill all humans so you might want to play an Irekei who hate all races.

C

.Cask

Hmm that's another one for Mother's Against Kids Playing Computer Games or whatever they are called. Almost all of these MMORPG's have racist elements where some NPC's don't like elf's, elf's don't like trolls etc etc.

I wouldn't care if you're role playing a one-armed bearded lesbian nazi with an animal fetish, as long as you're roleplaying. Way better than another "OMG I pwned j0o" type.

V

vladamyr

Mmmm maby not too god an idea Racism is already a prblem IRL so racism in a game aint too good an idea and i know your roleplaying but theres always gonna be someone who will take it the wrong way and theres you screwed however if you are on a roleplay SERVER it might be possable but seeing as on release there wont be any roleplay servers i guess your out of luck.

My advice is dont deny someone a grp because they have pointy ears etc try and make as many friends as you can as quick as you can cos being an in game racist wiont get you many frends lol and in the early game its good to get as many friends as you can.
However if youv been reading too any fanasy books and your one of those a troll can never be friends with a human types then i guess its ok IF you really ar roleplaying but i still think it will get you hated across the world.

_Vlad

O

Olgark

I role played a dark elf in EQ and belonged to a evil only guild. So we shunned the light races. We group mainly with evil races / evil classes, but always made allowances for the light races, but kept our roleplaying up to include the air of distrust , and animosity during the group. It worked well as most people knew the guild and enjoyed the fact that we where one of the few true role play guilds on the server. I dont see a problem if its done with good taste eg " The dwarf glances at the elf muttering something then spits on the ground ". Could be used as a emote to show that your dwarf character does not feel at ease with the elf.

Sure there were a few that actualy thought we was being racists against them as people, but they where few and far between. And usualy understood once we had explained to them about the guild in tells.

It would be even better if the pure role play guild of elves had their own language like the Drow (dark elves) , troll, ogres and Iksar in the EQ guild I was in did. That way it would probably makes playing one easier as people will see that you are actualy making a effort to play it out.
Personaly I like to put accents to my characters as well to add a bit more flavour. Such as my dark elf necromancer had the accent of a noble dark elf . My human assassin in the SB beta at present has a kind of cross between a cockney and austrainlian accent in the typing. My dwarf in Camelot has a sort of scotish accent to the way I type in the words.

S

seranu

[EDIT] Took away the post in case some people would mis-understand

Users who are viewing this thread